The Official SteelBook Custom Glossing thread!

howiesteed

sex panther ltd .CEO
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2013
burton on trent
Here us a slight guide to the way I glossed mine ok here's what I used

A gravity fed spray gun
yvavu2y8.jpg

Then I used some accelerator and clear coat which I use when I spray cars also added is a slight but if thinners I think it's 2 to 1
apy7e8ar.jpg

The steels are wiped over with cleaners I get rid of grime and oil that fingers can lea e and any oils
desuse2y.jpg

Then I spray it in a booth which is heated and has ventilation AND IS HEATED KNOWN AS AN OVEN
Basically it what I use to spray car bits
apuhypa3.jpg

Then spray and leave them to harden at least a day and this will be hard enough to polish to

ysu6egez.jpg

OH I FORGOTTO ADD A PICTURE OF THE HARDENER AND THE FACT I GET ALL KITTED UP LIKE WALTER WHITE FROM BREAKING BAD ....

WELL A BREATHING MASK AND OVERALLS AS THIS STUFF ISNT GOOD FOR BREATHING IN A CONFINED SPACE

Edited for trading
8ebyge6a.jpg

ra8ane2e.jpg

attachment.php

and can do sparkly too
ty7apuve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
E Tech Alloy Wheel lacquer. Ebay it ... its good stuff but I don't have a booth and superior 2K lacquer like you.
Had a quick look on amazon . It is a lacquer but it doesn't day about if it can be worked on afterwards . The clear lacquer I use can be sanded down and then buffed back up with cutting paste . Which is what I do when I get bits in it . Off the top of my head I would guess yours might be the same ... but as I'm not actually Walter white I am not commuting to that or to whether it will react . I have sprayed some steels that react to my lacquer as on it just forms puddles even after I've wiped it with sea greaser .
Not sure if that helps

I'm going to attempt something new.

A full on custom made steelbook.

Going to buy a scrap steelbook to respray completely black & gloss lacquer. Buy some self adhesive gloss photo paper. Get some custom lenticular magnets made. And then custom interior artwork.

Going to make my own INSIDIOUS steelbook that holds all three films and a Masters Of The Universe one. Pics to follow in a few weeks time !

Reactions: Helios
i did that with a wall e one with teh image wrapped around the edges took alot of effort and swearing lol but good luck would like to see the result