The One (Blu-ray SteelBook) (88 Films) [UK]

Oct 13, 2011
Release date: November 29, 2021
Purchase links: 88 Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99
Note: Total print run 2000

Skjermbilde 2021-08-13 kl. 20.37.48.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah matte steel with metallic parts and plain matte very thin slip. Would of actually looked decent if it was glossed

Mine just arrived. Honestly I am really disappointed. Like the print on the steel is nice enough or maybe I have become numb due to a few recent ones arriving damaged that the fact that this isn't has skewed my opinion. But the slip is a total sham. For a £30 release I was expecting a nice slip, and this is like 2 steps up from it just having a paper jcard with sticky blobs. Even zavvi's basic slips all seem to be 1/4 front all back top bottom lately which I have been liking. The discs have been reprinted though which has me wondering if it is different to my other blu ray. If it's a nice transfer it might make it worth it.

Mine just arrived. Honestly I am really disappointed. Like the print on the steel is nice enough or maybe I have become numb due to a few recent ones arriving damaged that the fact that this isn't has skewed my opinion. But the slip is a total sham. For a £30 release I was expecting a nice slip, and this is like 2 steps up from it just having a paper jcard with sticky blobs. Even zavvi's basic slips all seem to be 1/4 front all back top bottom lately which I have been liking. The discs have been reprinted though which has me wondering if it is different to my other blu ray. If it's a nice transfer it might make it worth it.
The J cards that are more like a 1/4 slip you mention are on Disney releases. Nothing to do with zavvi. You’ll see them like that across Europe.
And tbh I was expecting the slip to be thin, crap, printed back and no finish as are all with U.K. steel releases (mainly from zavvi) bar a few recent ones. Yeah it’s a real disappointing release. Probably one for the price drops after Christmas

Could've been a nice release if they put the extra effort in to the finish and slip. I expect it'll be in the bargain bin before long.

24£ on HMV (at least in store) with 20% off for Black Friday
I'll be passing one tomorrow so I'm gonna have a look at this.

As much as id have liked to see a decent full slip on this like a few of their recent special edition releases, I kinda thought that it was going to be along the lines of a few of the Zavvi ones which is quite disappointing especially at £30.
I'll have a look at this tomorrow if the HMV I'm passing has any in stock if not then ill just wait for a price drop.

I still would have preferred a standard edition with slip to go with the rest of the 88 collection :LOL: :thumbs:

88 Films Half Price SteelBooks.jpg

88 Films Half Price Steelbooks
£15.00

• Thanks
Reactions: Scraggy
View attachment 533383

88 Films Half Price Steelbooks
£15.00

Damn, that feel far more reasonable than what I paid.

Reactions: Lenny Nero