The Prestige (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 35) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 25, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 25, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Silk Print Dots, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3d Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

box_overall_5000x.jpgFS_overall_5000x.jpgLS_overall_2000x.jpgDLS_overall_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, appreciate the photos. Not actually seen any of the FS before those but I’m not impressed. Ruined again by that scratch coating. Looks odd

Man I can already see how that batman FS is going to turn out

I seem to be the only one who didn't mind the Joker FS. Kind of a middle of the road release, but there have certainly been worse. :bag:

I do wish Manta would explore some more finish options, though. The spot glossing on some of the WeET and FilmArena releases particularly feels more premium in hand, and allows for some more creative accent work. The limited options in their current toolbox is starting to catch up with them. Especially when you look back at how Manta pushed the creative envelope early in their line up (Revenant leather slip, Kingsman PET lenti, etc.).

I guess you could say they're doing that with their recent extras (mother boxes, Matrix cat, etc.), but those don't really appeal to me as Steelbook collector. Though I'm glad to see those have their fans. John had mentioned from the beginning that he wanted to get into other collectibles as he saw the limited future of physical media. Can't blame them for looking to the future!

Yeah I agree, appreciate the photos. Not actually seen any of the FS before those but I’m not impressed. Ruined again by that scratch coating. Looks odd

Man I can already see how that batman FS is going to turn out
Honestly I feel like Batman and his cowl have to be gloss on the Manta FS and the „background“ with scratch resistent coating. Can‘t really imagine it the other way around. But I‘ll let myself be surprised.

Not the best lighting with the sun yet to rise, but @Flloydo & @Noodles refuse to post theirs, so it must be done. :mooning:
:naughty:
View attachment 534772

Full Slip: View attachment 534778

Steelbook: I've also got the single lenti, which is a dream in hand. Quite like the full slip here as well, but I know the cookie cutter 'bossing, holofoil, and/or scratch resistant coating will trigger some of our more sensitive members--whose names I won't mention...again. ;)
As a holofoil junkie I regret not getting the FS! Luckily my SL is awesome in hands! ... I mean I guess since it's still in transit :p

Reactions: misformatt
They should have just designed the full slip with Scarlett highlighted by herself. Would have been better that way, IMO.

After seeing an unboxing video, the single lenticular is the best option if only picking up one edition, IMO. The lenticular effect is stunning.

While I don't think the DL looks bad(I still like it), I'm kind of wishing I had gotten that SL instead. After looking at that unboxing video it looks really cool!
But I'm still excited to receive my DL. Have not seen this film in quite a while so I'm ready for the rewatch in 4K. :D

While I don't think the DL looks bad(I still like it), I'm kind of wishing I had gotten that SL instead. After looking at that unboxing video it looks really cool!
But I'm still excited to receive my DL. Have not seen this film in quite a while so I'm ready for the rewatch in 4K. :D
Yeah, it was a hard choice between two with 'tired old' art (FS & SL) and new art (DL), but twice the children's toy, constantly out of focus lenti (however I look at them, it's always flip-flopping to one eye, or the other).

is that one of the collectong protectors? or different brand?

dunno why they still havent updated the picture, but its pretty much a perfect fit for manta

and theyre sturdier than your regular scs protectors

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy

dunno why they still havent updated the picture, but its pretty much a perfect fit for manta

and theyre sturdier than your regular scs protectors

Or the condom ones @Flloydo uses :naughty: