The Prestige (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 24, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on July 3 at 11 AM for Red Carpet, and 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £16.99
Notes: 2 Discs (Disc 1 Film - Disc 2 Extras)

12607902-8404775351352303.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder of how this could turn out.
Personally I think the original steel is fantastic so you’re lucky if you missed out and this turns out the same. I also asked manta about a release of this and they said they would look into it (I said there’s not been a premium, only the zavvi exclusive) so I found it very weird for this to be announced again today (before I see the reason why)

It’s so glossy it’s hard to get a decent picture without any reflections

View attachment 475252

WOW! That is awesome! No chance in hell this release will be the same with gloss and embossing.

Too bad. I would definitely buy that.

Reactions: Leafs17 and Flloydo
WOW! That is awesome! No chance in hell this release will be the same with gloss and embossing.

Too bad. I would definitely buy that.

yeah I didn’t realise at the time it wasn’t the same until Paul pointed it out.

well hopefully manta one day do a cool premium. I think the art is quite limited though. They pretty much used the main poster art front and back

Reactions: Stygian
Just a reminder of how this could turn out.
Personally I think the original steel is fantastic so you’re lucky if you missed out and this turns out the same. I also asked manta about a release of this and they said they would look into it (I said there’s not been a premium, only the zavvi exclusive) so I found it very weird for this to be announced again today (before I see the reason why)

It’s so glossy it’s hard to get a decent picture without any reflections

View attachment 475252

Beautiful steelbook. The downside is what I call the "Warnerian literature". Too much text to my taste. :bored:

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and Flloydo
Ugh, lazy. Already got the previous release which is a stunner, but would've happily welcomed and bought a new/different steel.

Where is 4K? What’s the point of this???

The point is that not everybody and their grandmother has this steelbook so they are releasing a cheap knock off to make more money from it..

Look at the Batman Begins thread. It sold out right away.

Oh, you mean what's the point of this...to you.

Well I really don't think they thought about you when they came up with this re-release strategy. :LOL:

Reactions: MrSquifler
The point is that not everybody and their grandmother has this steelbook so they are releasing a cheap knock off to make more money from it..

Look at the Batman Begins thread. It sold out right away.

Oh, you mean what's the point of this...to you.

Well I really don't think they thought about you when they came up with this re-release strategy. :LOL:
I don’t have this steelbook, i just think that releasing limited edition steelbook without 4K disc when it’s available is not really cool, because a couple months later they will release another one with 4K forcing people to buy that too.
There is literally no reason for this steelbook to not have 4K disc in other than their greed.

Reactions: leelee17
I don’t have this steelbook, i just think that releasing limited edition steelbook without 4K disc when it’s available is not really cool, because a couple months later they will release another one with 4K forcing people to buy that too.
There is literally no reason for this steelbook to not have 4K disc in other than their greed.

That is always the argument isn't it? Because of Greed.

Your question was "What’s the point of this??? You answered your own question.

The answer is always greed. i am still stunned at how anybody ever thinks that anything made or released to make money is for anybody other than those who stand to profit from it.

Did they make the movie Interstellar because people wanted it? No, they made it to make money.
Did they make a steelbook for Interstellar because people wanted it? No, they made it to make money.

Are they releasing it again just because people might not have it. No, they are releasing it again so that people will spend money on it for Warner Brothers to keep.

When will people get it that movie studios don't give a **** about you?
It's not about you. It will never be about you.

Until it's free it will never be about you!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

And of course nobody is "forcing" anybody to buy something because it has 4K.

Last edited:

The answer is always greed. i am still stunned at how anybody ever thinks that anything made or released to make money is for anybody other than those who stand to profit from it.

Did they make the movie Interstellar because people wanted it? No, they made it to make money.
Did they make a steelbook for Interstellar because people wanted it? No, they made it to make money.

Are they releasing it again just because people might not have it. No, they are releasing it again so that people will spend money on it for Warner Brothers to keep.

lol chill out

I have nothing against reprints, but why a reprint of a boring Steelbook? It would make much more sense if they reprint the embossed 2013 one and delete the actor names and the credits on the back.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
I have nothing against reprints, but why a reprint of a boring Steelbook? It would make much more sense if they reprint the embossed 2013 one and delete the actor names and the credits on the back.
But this one makes more $ than doing that.

Really? I don't think I've ever been forced to buy a media disc or steelbook in my life! I choose to (or not).

But this one makes more $ than doing that.
No, they could make much more money with a reprint of the embossed 2013 Steelbook. Collectors search for something special like an embossing or debossing. An plane Steelbook is boring.

No, they could make much more money with a reprint of the embossed 2013 Steelbook. Collectors search for something special like an embossing or debossing. An plane Steelbook is boring.
The Batman Begins one sold out within a few hours, and that's not a special one either. This is basically a Tenet promo-run, easy cash grab with low production costs.

tenor (12).gif

Last edited:
Up for a couple of these - INTERSTELLAR because missed out first time around (limited to 1,000 if I remember correctly) and THE PRESTIGE because slightly different to the first edition (in the UK) ...
20200620_115451_resized.jpg

... but it would have also been good news to read that steelbooks for MEMENTO and INSOMNIA were coming to the UK:-
1592670262415.png
1592670408991.png

The Batman Begins one sold out within a few hours, and that's not a special one either. This is basically a Tenet promo-run, easy cash grab with low production costs.
I know, but it's a international print run, not for UK only. With a better quality they could sell much much more Steelbooks. Look a some high quality international printruns for comparison like Mars Attacks or Unforgiven.

I know, but it's a international print run, not for UK only. With a better quality they could sell much much more Steelbooks. Look a some high quality international printruns for comparison like Mars Attacks or Unforgiven.
Sure, but why increase costs when turnover remains the same? It'd be nice if they went for a higher quality product, but from their business standpoint, they don't have to.