The Raid 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 12, 2012
Croxley, London
entertainmentstore_zps5a70a611.jpg

Official HDN Announcement:

We are pleased to announce that our friends at the Entertainment Store will have the Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook for The Raid 2!

Release date: August 11,2014

• Limited to 4,000 copies
    • Worldwide exclusive artwork by Jock
    • Debossed title
    • Zero finish

Purchase link £ 17.99

Group Buy: Masterblaster, Naughtius Maximus or HUBMUSWELL

65584215_500x500_1.jpg

More pics:
65584215_500x500_2.jpg

65584215_500x500_3.jpg

Previous member news regarding UK release:
This has just come up from their Facebook page...
http://shortlist.com/entertainment/films/exclusive-raid-2-blu-ray-artwork

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 675
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness it looks like I almost missed out. Thanks eOne, the Entertainment store and HMV, you are bringing sexy back to UK Steelbooks.

Is anyone getting a page error for The Raid 2. I tried the link, that went to a 'oh no something went wrong' page, so i tried searching it and clicking on it myself and got the same error?

Been getting that since yesterday on my iphone, but works fine on a desktop.

Dead pleased, I've used some points I had on my credit card (a play.com credit card, where every £ you spend, you earn points to be redeemed on the site) to order mine.

...and before anyone asks, the credit card is being phased out this year and points have to be used before the end of the year. A shame really.

Hmm. I may cancel mine, it's crystal clear scalpers are the primary suspects here. This will soon be like 2 Guns or even Red 2, easily obtained cheaply on the bay. August is crazy for steelbooks so if one has to go, this one's it.

That seems a strange conclusion to come to if you ask me.

The way I see it, most of the original Play exclusive will have found their way into the hands of genuine collectors by now. So to have pretty much the same set of people get the ES exclusive to match the Play one would mean that this one would sell well enough and be OOS by release date (roughly)

So called scalpers will have bought some, because they generally buy some of everything, but I don't reckon they are the reason behind this title selling fast.

But feel free to cancel your copy to test your theory. £17.99 is good enough a price for me to not have to worry about saving a few pennies on ebay if the odd scalper does lose out. And the fact that I really like this means I'm definitely keeping my order in.

Anyway, back to the updates each time another 5 copies sell through... :p

That seems a strange conclusion to come to if you ask me.

The way I see it, most of the original Play exclusive will have found their way into the hands of genuine collectors by now. So to have pretty much the same set of people get the ES exclusive to match the Play one would mean that this one would sell well enough and be OOS by release date (roughly)

So called scalpers will have bought some, because they generally buy some of everything, but I don't reckon they are the reason behind this title selling fast.

But feel free to cancel your copy to test your theory. £17.99 is good enough a price for me to not have to worry about saving a few pennies on ebay if the odd scalper does lose out. And the fact that I really like this means I'm definitely keeping my order in.

Anyway, back to the updates each time another 5 copies sell through... :p

I have quite a few scheduled releases in August as aforementioned. 4000 copies these days is not deemed limited like it was in the Play.com days. With sellers focusing more on how much ££££ they can make, so many of these end up being sold on other sites. I don't know for sure, this is just an observation. I don't plan on cancelling, but in Aug I have on order the Indy Steels, Pianist, Deer Hunter and a few others. This is limited to 4000 copies so I would make this low priority to buy later on.

I may cancel the Studio Canal titles instead, as I would hate to miss out on this. :)

Reactions: zoneism
Hmm. I may cancel mine, it's crystal clear scalpers are the primary suspects here. This will soon be like 2 Guns or even Red 2, easily obtained cheaply on the bay. August is crazy for steelbooks so if one has to go, this one's it.

It's not scalpers...You need to factor in that this is a sequel to a movie that was voted "Steelbook of the year" here at this site. Almost everyone who owns that steel is going to want this as well...even if it matches with the German version a bit more. I'm actually surprised its still in stock :movie:

Reactions: spartan83
It's not scalpers...You need to factor in that this is a sequel to a movie that was voted "Steelbook of the year" here at this site. Almost everyone who owns that steel is going to want this as well...even if it matches with the German version a bit more. I'm actually surprised its still in stock :movie:

The German steel is nice but only comes with German & Indonesian audio so some feel reluctanct to spend that much on just a steel. But you can always swap out the discs with the English version.

The German steel is nice but only comes with German & Indonesian audio so some feel reluctanct to spend that much on just a steel. But you can always swap out the discs with the English version.

My german steel arrived today.
:scat:

Yes I do regret paying £20 for just the case but its a very good movie and only paid £6 for the UK disc.

That's what I always do! :thumbs: even though I own a region free player, I still prefer to get US discs when they drop under $10

My german steel arrived today.
:scat:

Yes I do regret paying £20 for just the case but its a very good movie and only paid £6 for the UK disc.

Hey I did the same. I actually bought a Play version but when it arrived, it was crushed. (Heart breaking). So instead of forking out a fortune to get another, I ordered the German steel & replaced the BD with my Play disc. :thumbs:

Reactions: nekromantik
Just watch this today.

HOLY F&%€/(G S&%T
EEK!EEK!EEK!

The fight between Rama and The Assassin was unreal!!!
Damn there was a lot of blood.

Reactions: navydavey
Did anyone else think they cut away from violence in some scenes?
It was like they did not want to show too much at once which was my only disappointment.

Did anyone else think they cut away from violence in some scenes?
It was like they did not want to show too much at once which was my only disappointment.

No I think any off screen violence was artistically intentional -

judging by the fact you see the main bad guys face implode and the camera just lingers on the aftermath. Just a shame they didn't show more of Prakoso fighting before he was killed off :(