The Raid Redemption (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #20) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: May 20th, 2015
Pre-order date: April 23rd, 2015 - 10:00 AM (Korean Time) - Please use the following timezone converter for your local time, click HERE
Prices:
- The Sextuple Pack (One Click Item) - 300 copies (230 copies - for overseas, 70 copies for the Korean market)
$205.00 (Pre-order Promotion Sale Price)

- Lenticular Edition - 1200 copies (600 copies for overseas, 600 copies for the Korean market)
$35.99

- White Full slip Edtion - 600 copies (300 copies for overseas, 300 copies for the Korean market)
$35.99

- Black Full slip Edition - 600 copies (300 copies for overseas, 300 copies for the Korean market)
$35.99

Purchase links:
Once click (Sextuple Pack)
White Full Slip
Black Full Slip
Lenticular

10403376_1713026765591200_8107198014794197818_n.jpg 17905_1709483042612239_5419033676055125228_n.jpg 10628537_1709483099278900_5348321443917321624_n.jpg 11083592_1709483002612243_657966880673805133_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the Lenti when the original pre order went live and got it last week. Ordered the White Slip now and they'd better not f*** it up and send me a Lenti

Am I the only one who thinks the Black Edition is the best one out of 3? :\
You mean the swiss cheese slips? :LOL:
How exactly do they have structural integrity with all those freaking holes?!:rofl:
(I have them in my sextuple- but I have not opened it (has anyone?!!))
I have singles of the lentis- and they are AWESOME! There is no way the black slips are (in any way) approaching the awesomeness of those lentis!

You mean the swiss cheese slips? :LOL:
How exactly do they have structural integrity with all those freaking holes?!:rofl:
(I have them in my sextuple- but I have not opened it (has anyone?!!))
I have singles of the lentis- and they are AWESOME! There is no way the black slips are (in any way) approaching the awesomeness of those lentis!
The cut-out on the slips actually make them unique imo. Lentis are awesome, so are the fullslips, but there's not anything special about it. I have seen tons of other awesome lentis and fullslips.

You are not the only one. They are indeed best of the bunch. With holes everywhere one would think it might be filmsy or not as strong but I am glad that's not the case. It's as sturdy as the regular full slip.
Glad I'm NOT the only one who thinks so. And yes, the slip is very sturdy and strong, and it also has a metal kind of shine to it imo

Reactions: keyjey
Obviously, Evans has a modicum of control over how his movie is released. If he preferred the Indonesian score- you would have definitely known about that.

You said Evans obviously prefers the Shinoda score, but I'm not sure what brought you to that conclusion since he's quoted as saying he loves both equally:

"The decision to do the re-score [happened] way before we'd even finished shooting. We sold rights to Sony back when I was still filming it [and] at the time [they] approached the idea, 'we might want to do a re-score, would you be up for it?' They hadn't even heard the original version, so this was a business decision that was made way, way, way back, it wasn't that evil corporation thing. So we sent that footage out and Mike responded to it in a big way; for me, it's like, how often am I going to get an opportunity where I can have two completely different musicians, Joe and Mike, do an interpretation of my film? It doesn't happen that often... And not to be diplomatic, but I love both scores equally; there are certain tracks that I feel Mike and Joe nailed, and there are certain tracks that my guys really nailed as well. In the perfect world I'd be able to use both of them."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ke-shinoda-joe-trapanese-sony-classics-303416

Reactions: Bruckle
You said Evans obviously prefers the Shinoda score, but I'm not sure what brought you to that conclusion since he's quoted as saying he loves both equally:

"The decision to do the re-score [happened] way before we'd even finished shooting. We sold rights to Sony back when I was still filming it [and] at the time [they] approached the idea, 'we might want to do a re-score, would you be up for it?' They hadn't even heard the original version, so this was a business decision that was made way, way, way back, it wasn't that evil corporation thing. So we sent that footage out and Mike responded to it in a big way; for me, it's like, how often am I going to get an opportunity where I can have two completely different musicians, Joe and Mike, do an interpretation of my film? It doesn't happen that often... And not to be diplomatic, but I love both scores equally; there are certain tracks that I feel Mike and Joe nailed, and there are certain tracks that my guys really nailed as well. In the perfect world I'd be able to use both of them."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ke-shinoda-joe-trapanese-sony-classics-303416
Good to know! I was assuming that his weight must be behind one or the other.
Thanks for the clarification! Makes it even more confusing though!
It's like when you have two discs of your favorite movie: the release cut, and the extended cut.
You obviously have to choose one of them when you want to watch the movie. The question is which one? The version that made you initially fall in love with the movie in the first place? Or the one with the extra stuff?!!
(Yeah- first world problems, I know!):rolleyes::D

Reactions: Wreck
Just ordered the black slips.... out of the three and seeing all the pics they seem the ones to go for :D
Really? Is that why the white slips have previously sold out twice and the black slips have stayed in stock all along?
The only reason the white slips are still available now is they have moved over the domestic stock to international.

Hard to fathom why these haven't sold out in full.
even stranger you would have thought that they haven't sold out there domestic share.
Those computer generated images didn't do the steel any favors for sure but the out there real picture all look great.
wouldn't be upset which ones i actually got Black White or Lenti
First Raid top film and the second actually alot better i thought, ramped it up in all areas, defo a few notches in the blood fest,gore stakes for sure

Reactions: ChrisPatt
Am I the only one who thinks the Black Edition is the best one out of 3? :\
I went for them because they are different, something I haven't seen before. I really like them! I don't like the back of the lentis and white slips, I think they're a bit boring, but the back of the black slips are great! The front is also good, I just wish the steelbooks themselves were done a bit better, I'm not a big fan of the image on the back of The Raid II. I may have to get the lentis as well though at some point.....