The Random Quarantine SteelBook Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
We conversate
We compliment
We fuss, We cuss, we bicker, we moan, we groan....

We're a forum community....

With politics aside ...

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Last edited:
91457367_1130408973961620_3745659975481950208_n.jpg

There’s no doubt when this virus increases fatality in the future, there will be some people who will post, saying see Stevo, I told you so! I believe that any major increase in death is due to the flu, rather than coronavirus. As I’ve previously stated flu kills 500k every year, coronavirus killed 15k so far. So statistically, the flu is many times more fatal. The symptoms of coronavirus are almost identical to the flu, so they are easily mistaken. Something that the 1% can use to inflate their numbers, causing even more panic. Be that as it may, if the coronavirus increases kill rate 10x, I’ll personally congratulate it. It’s now as scary and fatal as stairs and ladders. However scary that is, I’ll leave it to each individual to determine themselves.

I've been out of work for 2 weeks now. We were supposed to go back April 2nd but our Governor just mandated April 8th a couple days ago. The number is rising here like everywhere else so I anticipate that been pushed back even further. The experts that Trump thankfully is listening to are saying look to the end of April at the earliest, so we'll see I guess.

For the time being I've taken care of some home projects, mostly plumbing and converting my water manifold shut off capabilities. At night I've been catching up on my movie collection when I'm not watching Shark Tank, Undercover Boss or Chopped.

Got my Kimchi Jackie Brown the other day and doused the package with Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. Still in its shrinkwrap and looking rather nice on my shelf. The funny part in that is I initially wasn't impressed with the A1 or A2 version, then after seeing the bossing on the slip I kind of started liking pretty hard on the A1. Then I saw the photos of the A2 and the killer bossing on that slip and started loving pretty hard on that! After about a week of making sure of my decision I pulled the trigger, and man....this thing in hand is wicked cool, even in the shrinkwrap.

With not working now and only getting a percent of my pay my steelbook activities have had to come to a halt. The wifey is retired and has her social security so that helps. I think about my troubles in all this and am almost embarrassed I feel I have any. I'm not on a ventilator, or waiting for one, or knowing one will never come. I have a home. I have someone who loves me and shares her life with me. Plus, my cat is a freakin' Ninja the way she takes on all comers. Safe to say I'm feeling pretty thankful, which is what I'm focusing on.

I haven't had a chance to read thru this thread yet, but I hope all of us are doing well and holding our own. Hopefully this thing will be like every other desease and run its course and be done. Odd that you can have this thing and not even know it, and pass it to someone else who it cripples healthwise, while you are still going about your business not knowing you have it.

Just be careful everyone, and God bless.

• Friendly
Reactions: milky and Stygian
There’s no doubt when this virus increases fatality in the future, there will be some people who will post, saying see Stevo, I told you so! I believe that any major increase in death is due to the flu, rather than coronavirus. As I’ve previously stated flu kills 500k every year, coronavirus killed 15k so far. So statistically, the flu is many times more fatal. The symptoms of coronavirus are almost identical to the flu, so they are easily mistaken. Something that the 1% can use to inflate their numbers, causing even more panic. Be that as it may, if the coronavirus increases kill rate 10x, I’ll personally congratulate it. It’s now as scary and fatal as stairs and ladders. However scary that is, I’ll leave it to each individual to determine themselves.
Stevo your numbers are correct except for the Caronavirus, try 33.9K and that's only in a 3 month period. What you failed to add to your those numbers is that Influenza kills 290K to 650K per year on an OPEN world environment and that is WITH a vaccine, Caronavirus has so far killed 33.9K and that is WITH a lock down in place with (so far) NO vaccine. The COVID-19 pandemic could have infected 90% of the world’s population and killed 40.6 million people if no mitigation measures were put in place to combat it (source). So after your done pouting from not being able to go out and party with your friends, perhaps you should take those numbers into account before running at the mouth. Get your facts straight first.

Stevo your numbers are correct except for the Caronavirus, try 33.9K and that's only in a 3 month period. What you failed to add to your those numbers is that Influenza kills 290K to 650K per year on an OPEN world environment and that is WITH a vaccine, Caronavirus has so far killed 33.9K and that is WITH a lock down in place with (so far) NO vaccine. The COVID-19 pandemic could have infected 90% of the world’s population and killed 40.6 million people if no mitigation measures were put in place to combat it (source). So after your done pouting from not being able to go out and party with your friends, perhaps you should take those numbers into account before running at the mouth. Get your facts straight first.

Going out with my friends? Is this what you think all this is about? The entire world is in lockdown. Unknown millions will be out of work. Half of all small businesses could die, all this because of a man made virus. I don’t deal with “could have” Very well, that number is unknown to all, more scare tactics if you ask me. Let’s take your number of 34k deaths for corona, and my 500k death from the flu. As I’ve stated, as you probably already know, the symptoms of coronavirus and the flu are very similar. Probability states that I am 93% right that it’s the flu, and your 7% right that it’s coronavirus. So if you multiply your 34k by 7%, you get a total of only 2,380 deaths from corona. The feather in the 1%ers cap is this “pandemic” coincidentally (there’s that word again) occurred during the very height of flu season. So new cases Of the flu will keep on popping up, they’ll turn all those numbers into coronavirus, stoking this inferno to an even higher hysteria than it is now. So don’t tell me to get a clue, I know exactly what I’m talking about. If anything, I’m trying to provide some levelheadedness to this insane world.

Going out with my friends? Is this what you think all this is about? The entire world is in lockdown. Unknown millions will be out of work. Half of all small businesses could die, all this because of a man made virus. I don’t deal with “could have” Very well, that number is unknown to all, more scare tactics if you ask me. Let’s take your number of 34k deaths for corona, and my 500k death from the flu. As I’ve stated, as you probably already know, the symptoms of coronavirus and the flu are very similar. Probability states that I am 93% right that it’s the flu, and your 7% right that it’s coronavirus. So if you multiply your 34k by 7%, you get a total of only 2,380 deaths from corona. The feather in the 1%ers cap is this “pandemic” coincidentally (there’s that word again) occurred during the very height of flu season. So new cases Of the flu will keep on popping up, they’ll turn all those numbers into coronavirus, stoking this inferno to an even higher hysteria than it is now. So don’t tell me to get a clue, I know exactly what I’m talking about. If anything, I’m trying to provide some levelheadedness to this insane world.
You want to live in a fantasy be my guest. That's on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Sounds more like Stevo's typical *cough* bull**** *cough* to me. Probability says your more or less 93% wrong. The numbers don't lie buddy and the WHO and CDC statistics are not the funny papers so wake up instead of being so self deluded and get off this horse crap of a trip your on.

take 34k, divide that by 500k, what number do you get? Am I still 93% wrong. If your using the WHO and CDC as you gospel,we have nothing further to discuss. They are the exact 1% I am talking about. You can’t just accuse me of spreading bs. Where am I wrong? Is my math off? Are we not in flu season? Are the symptoms of coronavirus and the flu not the same?

Last edited:
take 34k, divide that by 500k, what number do you get? Am I still 93% wrong. If your using the WHO and CDC as you gospel,we have nothing further to discuss. They are the exact 1% I am talking about. You can’t just accuse me of spreading bs. Where am I wrong? Is my math off? Are we not in flu season? Are the symptoms of coronavirus and the flu not the same?
Man I think all this BS you keep going on about is your scared and just too afraid to admit it. That's fine it's alright to be scared but if your going to speak facts about this make sure there correct instead of shoveling the false information down other folks throats. Nuf said, your own your own buddy.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
So on the topic of entertainment- I feel like it needs to be said that the 2008 Clone Wars Series is.. mostly bad. It’s mostly awful, filled with an egregious amount of mediocrity and a handful of episodes that are actually really strong.

But out of 7 seasons? I would say it’s for a track record of having maybe 3 good episodes per 20+ Episode Season. That’s not a great track record. xD

And this is the hill I will die on.

Man I think all this BS you keep going on about is your scared and just too afraid to admit it. That's fine it's alright to be scared but if your going to speak facts about this make sure there correct instead of shoveling the false information down other folks throats. Nuf said, your own your own buddy.
He's not on his own. The measures put in place all over the globe are insane and they are going to be worse for those that survive this pandemic than the pandemic itself. Most of those currently "infected" aren't going to die, not even close. On the other hand all but 1%, I'll be generous 10%, of the world's population will feel the economic aftermath of this global lunacy.

10% is the mortality rate in italy - there the dead bodies pile up.
Yes indeed. Would it surprise you to learn that Italy has one of, if not the highest, aged populations in Europe? It does surprise you doesn't it? BTW so does Spain...
Amazing.

Yes indeed. Would it surprise you to learn that Italy has one of, if not the highest, aged populations in Europe? It does surprise you doesn't it? BTW so does Spain...
Amazing.
It's not just about death rate
The Virus Covid-19 has nothing to do with Flu deaths these are been counted separately
Covid-19 apart from sharing some similar symptoms to cold and Flu the covid-19 is not a flu virus.

Covid-19 affects lot of different age groups
Most that are ending up in hospital are young age group 30's to 50's

USA example and it's worse in some other countries

USA to March 12 and has got lot worse since then
Details below is age group in usa ending up in hospital and ICU and deaths
This does not include the reported covid-19 cases for those with mild conditions that did not require hospital.

Look at the age groups ending up in hospital
960x0.jpg

Age groups ending up in hospital is lot younger than are aware
You dont see this happening with Flu-Virus with young age groups

Yes a lot who get the covid-19 virus will experience mild conditions but the age that are ending up in hospital is lot different compared to Flu

This virus affect all ages not just the old

• Haha
Reactions: komor and DMD4k