The Random Quarantine SteelBook Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
We conversate
We compliment
We fuss, We cuss, we bicker, we moan, we groan....

We're a forum community....

With politics aside ...

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Last edited:
It's not just about death rate
The Virus Covid-19 has nothing to do with Flu deaths these are been counted separately
Covid-19 apart from sharing some similar symptoms to cold and Flu the covid-19 is not a flu virus.

Covid-19 affects lot of different age groups
Most that are ending up in hospital are young age group 30's to 50's

USA example and it's worse in some other countries

USA to March 12 and has got lot worse since then
Details below is age group in usa ending up in hospital and ICU and deaths
This does not include the reported covid-19 cases for those with mild conditions that did not require hospital.

Look at the age groups ending up in hospital
View attachment 467045

Age groups ending up in hospital is lot younger than are aware
You dont see this happening with Flu-Virus with young age groups

Yes a lot who get the covid-19 virus will experience mild conditions but the age that are ending up in hospital is lot different compared to Flu

This virus affect all ages not just the old
Thanks for the ammo Paul. That proves my point exactly.
Here you go, follow the arrows cause you don't know how to read the graph it seems. I'm not surprised at all that the death rate increases with age.
960x0-2 copy.jpg

I tried to ease some concerns about this artificial pandemic, but it seems that there are still a lot of us who still refuse to believe it. They still wanna dance naked around a burning flame, chanting the doom and gloom message of the this fake virus, just like the good ole days. As I’ve stated, this is flu season. Where did all the deaths from the flu go? There should be around 500,000, but it seems to have all disappeared somewhere. This covid19 hype is gonna get much much worse. You don’t need to be a genius to see that. It’s working like a charm, the 1%ers will milk it to death. I’ve hope I’ve reached at least I few of you. I said all I could, but the herd mentality is much bigger than me. So go ahead and continue to dance around that flame. I’ll be sitting on the sidelines, with my beer and pizza, watching this crazed dance of yours.

Thanks for the ammo Paul. That proves my point exactly.
Here you go, follow the arrows cause you don't know how to read the graph it seems. I'm not surprised at all that the death rate increases with age.
View attachment 467048
You are not getting this at all it's not just about the death rate be it young or old

It's about how many are requiring to end up in hospital to save their lives
The need for lockdowns and social distance is to stop the increase of virus so they dont end up in hospital

That USA graph was 2 weeks ago it's way worse now

This virus does damage to your lungs even if you recover and leave hospital.

Covid-19 is 4-5 times more contagious than Flu Virus

Covid-19 is a new strain from SARS-CoV-2
It's not a flu virus and should not be compared to it

Reactions: komor
You are not getting this at all it's not just about the death rate be it young or old
You posted that graph trying to disprove my previous message where I said the mortality rate is closely related to (old) age, and it does exactly that. It disproves your point and proves my point to a T. If anyone isn't getting it it's you.

That USA graph was 2 weeks ago it's way worse now
It's way worse in absolute numbers, it's probably about the same in %.

This virus does damage to your lungs even if you recover and leave hospital.
Not true, not at all, to some it does no damage at all. Some people will have already had it without knowing it.
Covid-19 is 4-5 times more contagious than Flu Virus
Even if that were true... so?
Covid-19 is a new strain from SARS-CoV-2
It's not a flu virus and should not be compared to it
Spanish flu virus laughs at its much weaker relative. Now that one was a killer. Not this...
But it doesn't matter if it is the same flu virus or a close relative. The global measures in place aren't implemented because of the semantics of it all, they are there because they've managed to scare the whole world into thinking they're needed for our own safety. It's those measures that are really going to leave us hurting in the months and years to come, not Covid-19.

I haven't checked yet, but would you be surprised if I told/showed you the common cold statistics would closely resemble those of the COVID-19 ones? Except in absolute numbers.

You posted that graph trying to disprove my previous message where I said the mortality rate is closely related to (old) age, and it does exactly that. It disproves your point and proves my point to a T. If anyone isn't getting it it's you.

It's way worse in absolute numbers, it's probably about the same in %.

Not true, not at all, to some it does no damage at all. Some people will have already had it without knowing it.
Even if that were true... so?
Spanish flu virus laughs at its much weaker relative. Now that one was a killer. Not this...
But it doesn't matter if it is the same flu virus or a close relative. The global measures in place aren't implemented because of the semantics of it all, they are there because they've managed to scare the whole world into thinking they're needed for our own safety. It's those measures that are really going to leave us hurting in the months and years to come, not Covid-19.

I haven't checked yet, but would you be surprised if I told/showed you the common cold statistics would closely resemble those of the COVID-19 ones? Except in absolute numbers.
Flu has a vaccine for decades
There has been years for population to build up immune system and new generation inherited that immune system from their parents.
You do not have this for Covid-19 yet

Covid-19 there is no vaccine and wont be until next year at the earliest.
The age group requiring hospital is lot younger than those who get the flu and end up in hospital.
This is what is causing the strain on hospitals and health services around the world

If there was no lockdown or social distance the number who would get the virus would be huge and no health services in any country would be able to cope

Reactions: bradipolpo
hi all, for anyone looking to send packages from the USPS to other countries, please take note of the status of the country you are sending to before you purchase postage.

I use the below page with the USPS to determine if packages should be sent or not.

I thought the whole point of this new thread was to distract us from what is happening in the world at the minute?
Clearly I was mistaken as its just turned into a back & forward pissing contest. Absolute nonsense.
People in this thread would want to cop on to themselves, be humans & show some f*ckin' compassion for their fellow man at this time.
Believe in the pandemic, don't believe in the pandemic, I don't really give a sh*t. Just knock off the f*cking bickering. What good is it doing?!

Now to actually try to cause a distraction. I saw this on another forum & thought we could give it a go here.
List your firsts:

1: Movie you saw in a cinema - Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs (1989 re-release in my local theater).
2: Movie you bought on VHS - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I think).
3: Movie you bought on DVD - Titanic, Reservoir Dogs or The Usual Suspects.
4: Movie you bought on Blu-Ray - Toy Story 3
5: Movie you bought on 4K - Batman Vs. Superman
6: Criterion - The Squid & The Whale & Punch-Drunk Love, bought together.
7: Your most prized DVD/Blu - Off the top of my head: Withnail & I (Arrow), Godzilla Collection (Criterion), Captain America & Thor HMV steelbooks, The Master (PlainArchive fullslip steelbook), Romeo + Juliet (BluFans steelbook), Star Wars The Force Awakens & The Last Jedi (Blufans OneClicks).

Last edited:
I thought the whole point of this new thread was to distract us from what is happening in the world at the minute?
Clearly I was mistaken as its just turned into a back & forward pissing contest. Absolute nonsense.
People in this thread would want to cop on to themselves, be humans & show some f*ckin' compassion for their fellow man at this time.
Believe in the pandemic, don't believe in the pandemic, I don't really give a sh*t. Just knock off the f*cking bickering. What good is it doing?!

Now to actually try to cause a distraction. I saw this on another forum & thought we could give it a go here.
List your firsts:

1: Movie you saw in a cinema - Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs (1989 re-release in my local theater).
2: Movie you bought on VHS - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I think).
3: Movie you bought on DVD - Titanic, Reservoir Dogs or The Usual Suspects.
4: Movie you bought on Blu-Ray - Toy Story 3
5: Movie you bought on 4K - Batman Vs. Superman
6: Criterion - The Squid & The Whale & Punch-Drunk Love, bought together.
7: Your most prized DVD/Blu - Off the top of my head: Withnail & I (Arrow), Godzilla Collection (Criterion), Captain America & Thor HMV steelbooks, The Master (PlainArchive fullslip steelbook), Romeo + Juliet (BluFans steelbook), Star Wars The Force Awakens & The Last Jedi (Blufans OneClicks).

Great idea with the game. Regarding the spat, it happens. Some just don't have compassion. What are you gonna do?

My 'firsts'
1: Movie you saw in a cinema -Tiko and the Shark (1966) at the 20th Century Drive in Theater in Tampa. I was 5.
2: Movie you bought on VHS - It's a Wonderful Life and Meet John Doe at Woolworths in West Shore Plaze in Tampa.
3: Movie you bought on DVD - A little foggy on this but I'm almost positive it was Highlander.
4: Movie you bought on Blu-Ray - John Carpenter's The Thing
5: Movie you bought on 4K - Not having a 4K I'm not sure. I'll look at my collection to see if something triggers my brain and edit later.
6: Criterion - The Fisher King
7: Your most prized DVD/Blu -Most prized DVD is my Close Encounters of the Third Kind Box set. Most prized Blu ray is my Planet of the Apes Box Set with a massive book loaded with Ape goodness. Ook. Ook. Most prized steelbook is a tie between JAWS and THE THING (Green twisted face version).

I'll add that my first steelbook was a dvd steel I won in an online contest. It was Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original). First blu ray steelbook I got at Bull Moose with a gift card and it was the Total Recall remake which was a blind buy.

Last steel I purchased was my Kimchi Jackie Brown A2 version. Still diggin' it.

Thank you @Strangerbyday for the diversion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea with the game. Regarding the spat, it happens. Some just don't have compassion. What are you gonna do?

My 'firsts'
1: Movie you saw in a cinema -Tiko and the Shark (1966) at the 20th Century Drive in Theater in Tampa. I was 5.
2: Movie you bought on VHS - It's a Wonderful Life and Meet John Doe at Woolworths in West Shore Plaze in Tampa.
3: Movie you bought on DVD - A little foggy on this but I'm almost positive it was Highlander.
4: Movie you bought on Blu-Ray - John Carpenter's The Thing
5: Movie you bought on 4K - Not having a 4K I'm not sure. I'll look at my collection to see if something triggers my brain and edit later.
6: Criterion - The Fisher King
7: Your most prized DVD/Blu -Most prized DVD is my Close Encounters of the Third Kind Box set. Most prized Blu ray is my Planet of the Apes Box Set with a massive book loaded with Ape goodness. Ook. Ook. Most prized steelbook is a tie between JAWS and THE THING (Green twisted face version).

I'll add that my first steelbook was a dvd steel I won in an online contest. It was Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original). First blu ray steelbook I got at Bull Moose with a gift card and it was the Total Recall remake which was a blind buy.

Last steel I purchased was my Kimchi Jackie Brown A2 version. Still diggin' it.

Thank you @Strangerbyday for the diversion.
can you play your game in another thread thanx

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Flu has a vaccine for decades
There has been years for population to build up immune system and new generation inherited that immune system from their parents.
You do not have this for Covid-19 yet

And yet it still kills more people yearly than Covid-19...

And yet it still kills more people yearly than Covid-19...
It's not about amount of deaths even though any death is sad to happen

The strain on hospitals and heath service is the range of varied age groups ending up in hospital in a quick period of time on a daily basis
You dont see many young people age 20 to 60 end up in hosiptal with flu virus with normal annual flu except those who have other health issues but this is happening with Covid-19 and lot don't have any existing health issues

Yes Flu or cold or any other heath issues effect older age group 70 to 90 and older more often in general but Covid-19 is affecting lot younger age groups than you would usually have.

The strain on hospitals is the quick amount of new people each day who are been required to be in hosipital due to this Covid-19 outbreak most who are ending up in hospitals are the younger age groups 30 to 50
Yes it more of the older that are dying but it's mostly the younger persons who are ending up in hospital

What is happening is lot of people ending up requiring to be in hosiptal on top of the usual expected amount around this time of the year
The Covid-19 Virus affects all ages some will have it and not get any symptons and some will get mild symptons and others end up in hospital and some end up in ICU

There is now since 3 months 766,336 confirmed cases of people getting Covid-19 with most of these been in past month
Actual figure is way higher as most of the world population has not been tested

World Health Orginisation wants as many as possible be tested and in my opinion everyone should be and also tests done to find out who had it and recovered
The vaccine will mostly come from antibodies from those that recover

There is good reasons for the Lockdowns and Social Distancing in all the different countries I gather you don't seam to understand why

Flu Virus has incubation period of 1 to 4 days with average of 2 days

Covid-19 incubation period 2 - 14 days with some cases been 24 days

You can affect lot more people with Covid-19 than you can with normal usual Flu-virus

Yes there is every few years a new strain of flu but they work on a vaccine for this before it affects most people

Covid-19 is new with no existing vaccine yet to use and work on for later strains

Without the lockdowns the numbers affected would be huge amount more than you likely relalise

Hey folks,

This thread is not meant to divide people and put them in a position where it's one person's opinion over the other. The virus topic has proven to be no different than discussing politics or religion and we avoid those here for obvious reasons.

So whether you're a conspiracy theorist or amateur virologist, let's keep the thread on the topic that it was created for which is for people to have a chat, a respectful convo of sorts about what they're doing to pass the time during these challenging circumstances etc...

Here's a reminder:

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Over the past couple of years I've got really bad at getting bored or distracted when I'm half way through games. So I'm reinstalling Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight. Hopefully get those completed by the time things go back to normal.

I don't know how many of you visit the game section on here or play games but Call of Duty Warzone (brand new game) is free to download on either PC via Blizzard or Steam, PS4 & XB1 and also all three are cross-platform compatible. So to those of you that like to play on the PC can also play with your friends that play on the consoles. There is also a solo play feature as well. Since we all have a lot of free time on our hands to burn off I thought that I'd mention it. :)

Reactions: komor and vexred
I don't know how many of you visit the game section on here or play games but Call of Duty Warzone (brand new game) is free to download on either PC via Blizzard or Steam, PS4 & XB1 and also all three are cross-platform compatible. So to those of you that like to play on the PC can also play with your friends that play on the consoles. There is also a solo play feature as well. Since we all have a lot of free time on our hands to burn off I thought that I'd mention it. :)
Here in Germany some libraries also go that way and put their whole content(also movies) online for free and you can watch/read all the time or listen to music.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Finished Doom Eternal yesterday. What an absolute blast of a game.
Also finally watched Once Were Warriors last night. Good lord how did I sleep on that one so long!
I think this weekend I’m gonna try watch the Hobbit trilogy & the Lord of the Rings trilogy.