The Random Quarantine SteelBook Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
We conversate
We compliment
We fuss, We cuss, we bicker, we moan, we groan....

We're a forum community....

With politics aside ...

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Last edited:
2020-03-31-16-50-56-678.jpg

I did forget to mention in my initial post that I have spent some time here and there trying to organize my steelbook collection. My big dilemma is whether or not to organize them as 'movies' irregardless of steel, amray or dvd OR keep them seperate from one another.

A couple years ago someone posted the question of how you organize your steels and at the time I had just a few collections together. But as my collection has grown I've now established I need the following steels together in order to sleep at night:

A Speilberg section, a John Carpenter section, a Star Wars section, a Marvel Universe section, a DC section, a Tom Cruise Section, a Universal Horror section, a Scrocese section and a Tarentino section. Beyond that I've started separating them by Horror, Sci Fi, Comedy, Action and Drama.

Still....hard call whether to integrate or not to integrate.

How do my fellow ninjas organize?

Last edited:
Reactions: Stygian
I did forget to mention in my initial post that I have spend some time here and there trying to organize my steelbook collection. My big dilemma is whether or not to organize them as 'movies' irregardless of steel, amray or dvd OR keep them seperate from one another.

A couple years ago someone posted the question of how you organize your steels and at the time I had just a few collections together. But as my collection has grown I've now established I need the following steels together in order to sleep at night:

A Speilberg section, a John Carpenter section, a Star Wars section, a Marvel Universe section, a DC section, a Tom Cruise Section, a Universal Horror section, a Scrocese section and a Tarentino section. Beyond that I've started separating them by Horror, Sci Fi, Comedy, Action and Drama.

Still....hard to whether to integrate or not to integrate.
I have mine separated and organised like that :)

what about Avengers 1 (blufans)
Marvel or blufans or Mondo section?
it's a pain in the ass.

I plan to organize my collection soon, too

I did forget to mention in my initial post that I have spent some time here and there trying to organize my steelbook collection. My big dilemma is whether or not to organize them as 'movies' irregardless of steel, amray or dvd OR keep them seperate from one another.

For steelbooks I have my Marvels together, my Star Wars collection together (I have to add the new one I received today) and my complete Mondo X collection together.

How mine are organized, in order;
- Amarays first; Studio Ghibli, Arrow, Criterion & then just my movie collection (followed by a small collection of "kids" movies at the end).
- TV Shows
- Music blu-rays
- HDZeta
- NovaMedia
- MantaLab
- Kimchi
- FilmArena
- PlainArchive
- Blufans
- Then just normal steelbooks; Doctor Who, Marvel, Disney, Pixar & then my movie collection, with the Project Pop Art releases bundled together at the end.

That's spread out over 3 book cases, then I have an additional bookcase in the living room for just 4K amarays.

i separate mine alphabetically... so my steelbooks mingle with.. gasp... my blu-rays and the 50 or so odd DVDs that i have left...
there are a few exceptions... all my Marvel movies are under MCU in release order, DC movies are under DC in release order, Star Wars movies are by chapter and the spin offs and tv shows are mixed in via chronological order, and finally if a sequel has a totally different name, it will still be next to the first movie (ie: Doctor Sleep in under S because The Shining was the first, London Has Fallen & Angel Has Fallen are both under O because Olympus Has Fallen was the first in the series)

I organise steelbooks by release date ...
... and Amarays in different sections - Slipcases / Horror / Sci-Fi / Kids / World Cinema / Actors / Collections such as Arrow, BFI, Eureka, Shameless, Network, Artifical Eye, Criterion, Powerhouse, Mr. Bongo, Signal One, HMV Premium in slips, Disney numbered Classics, 101 Films & 88 Films - including sub-divisions such as Cult, Slasher, Asian, Vault, Italian etc. - US imports etc. etc.

I have my steels like;

Marvel, DC, Marvel, DC, Marvel, DC etc
and then it becomes Marvel, Marvel, Marvel, Marvel etc.

Only kidding.

All MCU together in film release order
(not chronological order) with other Marvel films after them and all DCEU together in film order with other DC films after them.
Within those orders Nova are all together, Blufans are all together, Zeta are all together, Zavvi are together etc. Makes sense and easy.

My way of organizing my collection

Horror movies and Thrillers A-Z
Sections:
Comic Remakes
Sci-Fi
Catastrophic/Apocalyptic/Kidnapping/Rescue/Survival (they often interfere with the Thriller section)
Steelbooks
Digibooks
Amarays
Slipcovers/boxes

and other smaller ones: Alien, Tarantino/Rodriguez, Ghost in the Shell, Spiderman, Resident Evil, Halloween, MadMax

the rest is organized chaos

Reactions: Wreck
I have my steels like;

Marvel, DC, Marvel, DC, Marvel, DC etc
and then it becomes Marvel, Marvel, Marvel, Marvel etc.

Only kidding.

All MCU together in film release order
(not chronological order) with other Marvel films after them and all DCEU together in film order with other DC films after them.
Within those orders Nova are all together, Blufans are all together, Zeta are all together, Zavvi are together etc. Makes sense and easy.
I would really like to see your setup D! You've got so many editions of each movie that you probably can't see the walls in your house anymore. :shipped:

• Haha
Reactions: St4rlord
My Viral /Infectious Movies I collected in the last years. Probably the top of the everybody's watch-list at the time haha
20200401_161405_2.jpg