The Rocketeer (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: November 28th , 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99

11369739-3574436649145740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot more collectors of steelbooks now compared to when the first steelbook got released
More than double the amount of collectors now compared to back then as in a lot more

I would though have liked new artwork to make it a bit different
Also there are about 10xs the amount of releases, so that is no argument.

I say to any of those new collectors, why bother when you know if it sells out they'll simply release it again? And again!

Nothing from Zavvi has any collectable value anymore.

The best advice I can give any new collector is avoid all zavvi releases.

You know... I'm thinking about this.

The problem is that I think The Rocketeer never really lives up to it's concept.
It's a rather medicre execution of a high-octane premise... And that's not to say that I think the comic is any better- I think every iteration is bad. Which is a shame because I wish that it wasn't.

Looks like they are re-releases the ones that sold out (most popular titles).

Yeah I have seen some decent lenticular's in tat shops lol, strange why Disney can't get them to be a good standard.

Hopefully they will up their game with these releases as they are following some excellent looking steelbooks (the originals) if they have bellow par lenticular's and streaky matte finishes, we would be crazy to upgrade.

The original Rocketeer is one of favourite steelbooks, love the front artwork.

I imagine it will be that trend with these, the most popular of the originals.
And like yourself I love the original steel and I can't see how this will be any different except the lenti.
We know steels with lenti magnets are matte and the original was matte, not sure about bossing as they can put magnets over them but the embossing really works well on the original.

I'm not interested in this one bit as I have the original and to buy it all again just for a lenti which yeah could be better than what we have previously seen but judging by the past it won't be is a p*ss take to sell this anywhere over £17.99 for the newbies. They will get stung on this guaranteed.

I don't get why Disney can't provide decent lentis for the U.K. Or find a company in the lenti business that can provide and match those of Asian premiums. So odd

Glad I've skipped all these lenti re hashes so far

I say to any of those new collectors, why bother when you know if it sells out they'll simply release it again? And again!

For some collectors (myself included) steelbooks are simply a cool box to hold a movie we love, and we're fine with the fact that it's automatically worth a bit less than we paid for it as soon as it arrives in our mailbox. The value is purely sentimental, not financial.

In this particular case, I agree that it's odd for the new release to be basically the same as the previous one. But I honestly wouldn't be offended if a retailer re-released an out-of-print steelbook that I own a copy of. The number of other copies in the world doesn't affect how much I like the one copy that's in my house. :)

You know... I'm thinking about this.

The problem is that I think The Rocketeer never really lives up to it's concept.
It's a rather medicre execution of a high-octane premise... And that's not to say that I think the comic is any better- I think every iteration is bad. Which is a shame because I wish that it wasn't.

It's a fun movie. Not sure what you expect otherwise.

And worst of all, they kept that stupid grey border.

Because they have cut corners and not paid anyone to re design it. Literally pulled up an old file and gone there you go, we added a j card with the pic continuing

I will laugh so hard if the back and inside is actually different like the Snow White and monsters inc but some idiot at Disney sent the old images lol. Will Just prove how lazy they are

It's a fun movie. Not sure what you expect otherwise.
It would be nice if it were a little more like an action serial that would be able to have fun with itself.
It just seemed to take itself more seriously than it should've- because I think it shouldn't at all have taken itself seriously... You know, feel more like an Indiana Jones movie.

Also it would've been nice if it was well shot. xD

Zavvi are doing everything in the book to destroy collecting.

I'm ready for a war with anyone that disagrees.

No argument from me, they've sucked the life out of this hobby to the point where I hardly even care what steelbooks are coming out now. It's a shame as I used to love this hobby, but it's mostly just Asian releases that have any real interest to me now.

In for this as I missed the original somehow. Be nice if it was full size lenti as well like the recent Hulk ones and not the 'mini' ones that never quite line up with the art underneath.
Not to mention hasn't the Lion King edition slipped due to some production issue, get that sorted first (so my Mrs can have it for xmas ;)) THEN put these out...

It would be nice if it were a little more like an action serial that would be able to have fun with itself.
It just seemed to take itself more seriously than it should've- because I think it shouldn't at all have taken itself seriously... You know, feel more like an Indiana Jones movie.

Also it would've been nice if it was well shot. xD

Fair enough. I like the movie. Not sure why it needs to be like an Indianna Jones movie though. If I want Indianna Jones, I'll watch Indianna Jones.

There are loads of Disney movie's that have not been released on steelbook yet and Zavvi go and release the one's that have already been out, it's just stupid, plus they are all the same art just with a lenti slapped on them, it's starting to put me off buying any they do release.

Also there are about 10xs the amount of releases, so that is no argument.

That's because you are buying these for the wrong reasons.

If you buy these simply for the joy in owning them, then re-releases are irrelevant.

Zavvi = business. Plain and simple. They already got your money the first time so you are not the target audience. If you don't like it, then just don't buy it.

Interesting they released this movie in Lenti, would never of thought so. Thought it just be animated wave of Lenti re-releases. Can't imagine this selling out on the spot.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Damn, take my money. It is THE ROCKETEER after all.

Any other cover art would be a disservice to the film.

For the haters, whatever made you think that Zavvi was looking out for collectors' interests?:LOL:

You say "haters" like we're the bad guys here

How many times do Zavvi need to shovel us s*** before people go "Gee...we might have a bit of a problem here, steelbook collecting is not what it once was"