The Shape of Water (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.18) [Hong Kong]

digitalbabe

Staff/Community Manager
Staff Member
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Reactions
78,721 1 0
Interested to see what they do, though I wish all premium retailers did not have to all release the same titles. Not a knock against Manta or any other, just gets a bit repetitive.

fishcp2

Mighty Pirate
Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2012
Reactions
770 0 0
Interested to see what they do, though I wish all premium retailers did not have to all release the same titles. Not a knock against Manta or any other, just gets a bit repetitive.
It gives a 2nd (maybe 3rd, 4th) chance to those who can't get a copy from the premium retailer that releases it first, though.

Feb 16, 2018
New Zealand
Reactions
408 0 0
Retailers should bid on movie titles.Only one retailer per movie...Should be similar to having a draft.
Why is it these retailers keep releasing the same titles? Talk about a chore. I know its cool to have choice and all that, but for someone who is on a limited (aka: wife approved) budget, I tend to stick with the releases from retailers I am most happy with in regard to quality. Mantalab, KimchiDVD and Nova seem to get it right most of the time (not all, but most). I've all but given up on HDZeta, their releases of late have been a shambles. I don't even bother with FAC, as their shipping rates to the southern hemisphere seem to include the rental of a private jet.

Nov 2, 2017
Reactions
28 0 0
It gives a 2nd (maybe 3rd, 4th) chance to those who can't get a copy from the premium retailer that releases it first, though.
I like options. Some may have a better SteelBook or slip. And some people like to buy every release of their favorite movies. The major problem to me is that the release dates are so varied you either have to get lucky there is still stock, buy the earliest released premiums, trade, or overpay.

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Reactions
40,244 1 0
Retailers should bid on movie titles.Only one retailer per movie...Should be similar to having a draft.
That won't happen with new film releases
Film Studio/Distributors want to get sales from as many countries as possible so some releases will be WEA and WWA

You can get one retailer only WEA release with some back catalog films but if it's a release that sells well it makes sense for distributors to release again in other countries and they can do this as they own the rights to the film and all artwork
Film industry relies on re-releases of popular back catalog films to survive

I'm looking forward to seeing what Manta come up with as I missed out on FAC release
I have the WWA steelbook on pre order with HMV but will double dip if I like what Manta come up with as it going to be WEA release

jonnybobbytimmy

No Jonny, don't do it!
Premium Supporter
Nov 29, 2016
Germany
Reactions
1,533 4 0
And german sound on the 4k ... niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :)
So 3 preorders from Manta in August. And I thought July is a walletkiller :rofl:

Mar 12, 2018
Spain
Reactions
1,157 4 0
I think he's referring to RPO, The Shape of Water and The Greatest Showman.

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,963 1 0
I don’t think all 3 pre orders will be in august

Just looks like they have numbered ready player one, shape of water and greatest showman.

They still have kingsman 2, Dunkirk, fantastic beasts with lower numbers and not gone up for pre order