Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Wreck

51654890337_2decab69f3_h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this looks shockingly bad
Yeah, worst steelbook release ever. Nobody will ever top its ugliness, just a waste of time, money and effort and historically nothing will have ever topped its ugliness....
horrible.jpg

Kidding aside, the steelbook is nothing special, the outter box is OK, the extras are amazing and the film is perfect. I'm glad I bought one and I also don't mind that there apparently are 400 copies and not just 200, so more people can see for themselves how it looks.

No Way GIF

this is a lot more expensive and still looks bad :LOL:
I see people on YouTube, that show off their 'collections', consisting of only US releases (I guess that's why there's such love for simple o-ring slips among Americans - they'vejust never had anything better), and when asked, why don't you have any collector's editions, or imports, or premiums, they usually reply that they're too expensive. Instead they go 'hunting' (that's another ridiculous thing) to their 2 and a half local stores, and buy 5-10 amaray releases of crap they mostly don't need, and don't even know about. Just to 'bulk up' their collection. That's stupid hoarding.
There are worse cases - those grabbing every second used disc for $2-5. That's trash collection. It's not cool, it's not special, it's not representative of your particular tastes or personality - unless your personality is a bum, rummaging through trash. No offense to homeless people, who mostly are in that situation at no fault of their own, unlike such 'collectors', wasting their time willingly and intentionally.
Sorry, I'm ranting, but the point is, and I've seen such collections, is better to have less items, but more special ones to you, of better quality, and better movies, than a dozen cheaper ones you'll never watch anyway.

Reactions: Jaxxx
I see people on YouTube, that show off their 'collections', consisting of only US releases (I guess that's why there's such love for simple o-ring slips among Americans - they'vejust never had anything better), and when asked, why don't you have any collector's editions, or imports, or premiums, they usually reply that they're too expensive. Instead they go 'hunting' (that's another ridiculous thing) to their 2 and a half local stores, and buy 5-10 amaray releases of crap they mostly don't need, and don't even know about. Just to 'bulk up' their collection. That's stupid hoarding.
There are worse cases - those grabbing every second used disc for $2-5. That's trash collection. It's not cool, it's not special, it's not representative of your particular tastes or personality - unless your personality is a bum, rummaging through trash. No offense to homeless people, who mostly are in that situation at no fault of their own, unlike such 'collectors', wasting their time willingly and intentionally.
Sorry, I'm ranting, but the point is, and I've seen such collections, is better to have less items, but more special ones to you, of better quality, and better movies, than a dozen cheaper ones you'll never watch anyway.
I dont understand what this has to do with my statement but yeah i have seen this in videos a lot too.

I buy a lot of Keep Cases too, but for the sake of watching the movies, not because I think they are cool collectables. I dont "hunt" them, nothing to hunt here imo. I simply love movies & watching them.
At the end of the day this is why I became a Steelbook collector, because I wanted a more special representation of movies I like/love.

But who am I to judge. If ppl are happy getting them, bulking them or whatsoever, why not.

I dont understand what this has to do with my statement but yeah i have seen this in videos a lot too.
Oh, yeah, sorry, I should've written that it all wasn't directed at you in particular, just used the quote about the cost as a push off point.

I guess it's good that everyone's collection is different, and I don't like many of them, makes me happier with what I have, much of which most others would also most likely call trash. :D
The closest to perfect and the best collection I've seen yet was from @Mark Wilson here, "Wilsonian Movie Museum" channel on YouTube, - the types of movies, the international attention, the quantity, the quality of editions, the placement of shelves, like a library, everything is great - only I wouldn't buy so many Marvel One-clicks. Sadly the guy doesn't post anymore due to health issues, as last mentioned, and I'm worried about him.

Looks like an old book, I like it.
BUT... I didn't know/forgot that FilmArena were doing it too, so maybe shouldn't have overpaid for this one (I get FA releases for less than $100).

i didn't go for this set (none of it grabbed me, and i have the HDZeta), but i just received the Rear Window and The Sting OABs, and they look - from the in hand photos above - to be the same as this one in terms of size. they are a new OAB size and huge - way thicker, and also a fair amount taller, than a FAC XL.

• Wow
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Oh, yeah, sorry, I should've written that it all wasn't directed at you in particular, just used the quote about the cost as a push off point.

I guess it's good that everyone's collection is different, and I don't like many of them, makes me happier with what I have, much of which most others would also most likely call trash. :D
The closest to perfect and the best collection I've seen yet was from @Mark Wilson here, "Wilsonian Movie Museum" channel on YouTube, - the types of movies, the international attention, the quantity, the quality of editions, the placement of shelves, like a library, everything is great - only I wouldn't buy so many Marvel One-clicks. Sadly the guy doesn't post anymore due to health issues, as last mentioned, and I'm worried about him.

Hi @Lenny Nero appreciate you checking out my videos and for your awesome comments and concern. I'm very much alive a kicking although I am still on the wait list for more surgery. It hasn't stopped me collecting though. My little boy has just turned 18 months and he's a real handful. Keeping my business going through Covid times, raising my family and looking after my health has put my channel on the back burner but I am planning another room tour hopefully soon which I'm looking forward to getting out. There's been a heap of changes - everything is in Alphabetical order. There's now a new Special Labels section, a TV Show aisle, and I've got a lot of new busts and collector's items I've added which I'm excited to showcase. Thanks again for your concern, dude. Means a lot to know there are people like you out there. And apologies to anyone reading this hoping for some juicy Shawshank gossip... I know this is a bit off topic. Cheers!