The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

tha_lunatic

C.R.E.A.M
Premium Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Release date: June 28, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Pretz-Media - JPC - MediaMarkt - Saturn - Rakete
Price: €24.99 (Pretz-Media - Rakete - MediaMarkt - Saturn) - €22.99 (JPC - Amazon)

91WzE9TQMYL._SY500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tono06
art looks great to me. Most official Shawshank art has already been used before.

Drew Struzan art?

Looks like steelbook itself will be titleless and just have the German text on the J-card.

Could be a worldwide release.....

Looks like Paul Shipper to me. Has that same texture looking style as recent Waterworld release.
Yes, spot on:-
1556739187385.png
1556740354645.png

Looks good - far better than the same image twice that we've already had . . . looks to be titleless like the two UK releases but unlike those does not suffer from acres of dead space.

Actually one of several pieces originally created for the King For a Day Art Show in 2014.
Note: poster available for $75 (24" x 36" approx.)
Close-up of artwork here:-
https://paulshipper.myportfolio.com/the-shawshank-redemption

Last edited:
Why does Shipper have to get involved in everything Struzan does?

He's such a copycat you can't even tell their work apart any more. Even the signatures are similar.

There'll only ever be one Drew. The original and best.

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
This label has only released futurepaks so far!
I really hope this one is a real steelbook cause it looks so much better than the last UK Steelbook!

out the day before my birthday as well haha!

Might wait and see what the disc quality is like first. quite content with my US digibook at the moment. if it's a 4K remaster then i'm all over it

It wasn't that long ago that I picked up the original 4 disc UK release because my HMV actually still had some copies of it. (I thought it was long sold out)
However, Paul Shipper artwork would be better to have, but this is only saying on Amazon that it is one disc...... and thats no good. I don't know, may have to skip this.