The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

tha_lunatic

C.R.E.A.M
Premium Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Release date: June 28, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Pretz-Media - JPC - MediaMarkt - Saturn - Rakete
Price: €24.99 (Pretz-Media - Rakete - MediaMarkt - Saturn) - €22.99 (JPC - Amazon)

91WzE9TQMYL._SY500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tono06
Do we know will this disc have a new remaster?
Not that I'm aware off for home media on Blu-ray
I not seen any info yet on The Shawshank Redemption getting home media release remastered

Note don't get rid of the UK Blu-ray release if extras are important to you
As german release has less extras than UK Blu-ray

There is a restoration of sorts for the 25th Anniversary release in Cinemas in August 2019 in USA
No info yet if home media getting a restoration release

There is a restoration of sorts for the 25th Anniversary release in Cinemas in August 2019 in USA
No info yet if home media getting a restoration release

Well if that's the case then you have to know that Warner will put out a new 25th anniversary 4K UHD remaster after that.
Then there will probably be a SteelBook for it as well. With new interviews, deleted scenes, commentaries, new interviews, new made up stories about stuff that didn't actually happen on the set...

Well if that's the case then you have to know that Warner will put out a new 25th anniversary 4K UHD remaster after that.
Then there will probably be a SteelBook for it as well. With new interviews, deleted scenes, commentaries, new interviews, new made up stories about stuff that didn't actually happen on the set...
Unlikely be 4K UHD release for a good while if at all anytime soon

The limited cinema release is just a digital projection not an actual new negative scan restoration
I said restoration of sorts been shown in a cinema

Reactions: Stygian
My order has arrived in Ireland
I will have delivery tomorrow morning

Looking forward to unboxing as the steelbook looks fantastic and lot better than UK steelbook

UK steelbook I will still be using the Blu-ray from that release as extras are better than the Gerrman Blu-ray

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
My copy has quite a few scratches on. They are sending a replacement out, sent an email and got a resolution within about 30 mins. Can't complain about their CS.

Wow, this is gorgeous, I think it’s the most beautiful TSR steelbook to date, especially we’ve even got that English titles both on front / spine... didn’t Import from DE for quite while... maybe it’s time...

• Haha
Reactions: zoltan_g