The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray SteelBook) [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
The Shawshank Redemption: Steelbook (Blu-ray & DVD) (Blu-ray)

Release date is October 22nd

Note: No inside art, 4 discs

Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
HMV
Play.com

34784990_500x500_1.jpg

34784990_500x500_2.jpg

34784990_500x500_3.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• shawshank redemption.jpg
    shawshank redemption.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Im still waiting for ET and Shawshank from Play, unusual not to get them on the Sat, Monday at latest but it happens from time to time, My copy of the raid did arrive till Wed/Thur after being posted on the previous Wednesday, so dont panic too much just yet ;)

It's only because Play are usually so prompt with deliveries that I was beginning to worry.

It's relieving to hear that this does happen from time to time though, and that I should get some lovely steels presently.

Today is, after all, another day, and perhaps the strange, fickle god of mail will smile upon my humble postcode :)

To get slightly more on topic, it's a shame to hear that there is no inside artwork on this. Con Air was the first steel I received not to have any, and it really is surprising how noticeable the omission is. It's not a deal-breaker by any means, but still a missed opportunity.

My copy arrived today from Play. The box was a bit battered and the shrink wrap was slightly ripped in a couple of places. Fortunately the steel was fine. One of the art cards had indentations on it from the centre of the disc holder which is a bit annoying but not overly fussed. The steelbook felt like there was too much stuffed in it with the art cards in though, didn't look like it was closed properly but once I took them out it was fine. Not overly impressed with the steelbook, artwork isn't as clear as it should be and was a bit expensive (granted it did have 4 discs). I Had high hopes considering its in my top 3 films but felt it was a bit of a let down tbh

My copy arrived today from Play. The box was a bit battered and the shrink wrap was slightly ripped in a couple of places. Fortunately the steel was fine. One of the art cards had indentations on it from the centre of the disc holder which is a bit annoying but not overly fussed. The steelbook felt like there was too much stuffed in it with the art cards in though, didn't look like it was closed properly but once I took them out it was fine. Not overly impressed with the steelbook, artwork isn't as clear as it should be and was a bit expensive (granted it did have 4 discs). I Had high hopes considering its in my top 3 films but felt it was a bit of a let down tbh

I feel the same way about this. I had this in my hand at the weekend in HMV and passed on it. The actual cover artwork looked faded and washed out compared to the stock photos I've seen and the fact I knew there was no inside artwork made up my mind for me pretty quickly. IMO, the whole thing just felt too cheaply done.

I'm holding onto my U.S. digibook for now. And if I ever decide to upgrade to a Steelbook, I'll be going with the Canadian release.

I recieved my copy today, overall I'm happy with it. I agree the cover isn't as detailed as I thought it would be but it does have a nice shine to it. I think with the 4 discs and art cards this is still worth picking up.

Last edited:
Reactions: vurt
I did the same in hmv also put it back on the shelf as the front cover looked washed out and blurred poor quality and expensive.

Edit: 2000 post :oohyeah: