Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: October 1, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with the bright yellow? Surely they could have pulled off some pattern that goes well, such as the carpet or the maze within a snow scene. Hell, even a map of the hotel. This is Awful. Obviously there's text there and I'm guessing it's "...makes Jack a dull boy" etc?

I think the yellow is from an original cover art. But the pattern has nothing to do with the carpet pattern or the maze pattern.

I think the yellow is from an original cover art. But the pattern has nothing to do with the carpet pattern or the maze pattern.

Yea, I never said it did lol. I said they could have pulled off a different pattern and then named examples they could have done. I am pretty sure the pattern they have used though is supposed to be the maze!

Yea, I never said it did lol. I said they could have pulled off a different pattern and then named examples they could have done. I am pretty sure the pattern they have used though is supposed to be the maze!
Right, we’re in agreement. I meant to say it’s a random pattern and they were lazy to not use something from the movie (other than the quote)

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
I'm probably in the minority in that I hated the movie (Well, me and Stephen King). Glad this is so ugly. I won't be tempted to get it.

lol if you hated the movie then why would you be tempted to buy it even if it looked decent? Peer pressure? A decent SteelBook is never going to happen for The Shining but I guess people will still dream about one for the rest of their lives.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
This actually looks better with the J-Card on the front. It goes well with the SteelBook. It looks a lot worse without it.

Ah man. Pass.

Why the obsession with the maze? None of the characters make an appearance? (n)

At least Liverpool won the Champions League (again) to cheer me up! :naughty:
Yes Artwork is terrible
If warner plan doing a 4K steelbook release in UK I hope it's different artwork to USA release

Liverpool brilliant win last night even though the midfield did not play at their usual best
The back 4 defence and Allison was brilliant last night stopped spurs getting anything
6 time winners of European Cup/Champions League and more wins to come :D

0_Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Liverpool-UEFA-Champions-League-Final.jpg

Quite like that yellow 'n' black/grey colour scheme not often used on steelbooks . . . although doubtful that Mr. Kubrick would've liked it much considering his dislike of maze/maze style artwork on the posters for his film ...
1559475507989.png
1559475571638.png

and liking the way the inside artwork kind of mimics the front only turned 90% although bit irritating that it's slightly off-centre.

The yellow colour certainly foremost in Mr. Kubrick's mind for the poster for his film after ditching the white and the red ...
1559474850632.png
1559475001510.png

Some of the previous (300) iterations courtesy Saul Bass --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------before Mr. Kubrick settled on this:-
1559474310279.png
=
1559475708247.png

1559476278415.png
1559475915642.png

Attachments

• 1559475229417.png
    1559475229417.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 1559475855401.png
    1559475855401.png
    261.6 KB · Views: 298
Reactions: Masta Norris
lol if you hated the movie then why would you be tempted to buy it even if it looked decent? Peer pressure? A decent SteelBook is never going to happen for The Shining but I guess people will still dream about one for the rest of their lives.

I like Stephen King. I would have been tempted to leave it unopened on a shelf next to my copies of the movies of his I liked like Shawshank, Cat's Eye, Christine, etc.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian