The Shining (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #16) [Italy]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 2020 (TBC)
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - Combo + Box Set (Pre-order on December 14 at 2:30 PM Italy time )
Price: €54.90 (Lenti) - €49.90 (Full Slip Variant) - €129.90 (Combo+Box Set)
Notes: Combo Edition + Box Set 200 copies - special gift will be different for one-click

78785139_1723076751156482_4677171135681396736_o.jpg 75584981_1702777966519694_9041876902293274624_n.jpg 78411506_1736040146526809_5613943497674457088_o_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay... so viavia Asendia I was redirected to PostNL (national postservice). On their website it is mentioned the package is delivered in my mailbox... riiiiight!
Measures: 23,3 x 17,4 x 9,4 cm.... seems A BIT unlikely!

Another update... package was dropped at a neighbour (glad to know, right!).
Looks awesome. Well worth the wait... hope not that long for the next one(s).
Congrats!! Can’t wait to get mine too! How’s the lenti? ( if that’s the you got)

If you have other orders they are shipping soon then yours might not have been shipped as it will be combined.
I really don’t understand this bullshit. You order those editions and pay full shipping charges. Then they hold your order to combine and save money for themselves. It means fans who buy all their editions are in the worst spot as they have to wait the longest. It doesn’t make any sense and it’s not fair. If they combine shipping from multiple orders they should partially refund shipping charges, at least in the form of store credit.

I really don’t understand this bullshit. You order those editions and pay full shipping charges. Then they hold your order to combine and save money for themselves. It means fans who buy all their editions are in the worst spot as they have to wait the longest. It doesn’t make any sense and it’s not fair. If they combine shipping from multiple orders they should partially refund shipping charges, at least in the form of store credit.
They probably arent saving much of anything as they are upping their shipping method to faster services for most people. Fedex will cost probably the amount you paid for 2 releases of shipping.

They probably arent saving much of anything as they are upping their shipping method to faster services for most people. Fedex will cost probably the amount you paid for 2 releases of shipping.
They are in this situation because they charged for shipping 1 year ago and are so late with releasing.
I don’t remember any retailer doing anything like that with shipping.
They could at least write an email asking customers if they prefer to wait and combine or not. That’s not customer’s fault the real shipping charge is different one year after they initially charged the customer. They messed up, they have to financialy deal with that, but it shouldn’t be customer’s concern in my opinion.
It’s not the first time with them, and it started even before Covid, so there is no real excuse.

Sorry but I dont see any problem with their choice here. The customer is not always right. If @duckandrun has to send out emails and then wait for people to reply it slows everything down. They are trying to catch up and get stuff shipped as fast and as safely as they can. Sure I would like to see them caught up tomorrow but so far I have got every release from them with nothing getting lost in shipping.

Sorry but I dont see any problem with their choice here. The customer is not always right. If @duckandrun has to send out emails and then wait for people to reply it slows everything down. They are trying to catch up and get stuff shipped as fast and as safely as they can. Sure I would like to see them caught up tomorrow but so far I have got every release from them with nothing getting lost in shipping.
There is a gap of one full year between a preorder and the actual shipping, if not more. It seems like plenty of time to communicate with customers and not slow down anything further.
I don’t know, I’ve made thousands of purchases and hundreds of preorders , and this is the first time I see a situation like this. It’s just weird, that’s all.

The interminable delay of this release is one of many things that has turned me from a very patient man to a shrink's patient.
My shrink happens to be a priest also. He regularly asks me, "What is keeping you up at night, my son?"
"Well, Father," I say, "remember back in July I told you I still had not received my CineMuseum The Shining?"
I sense that Father wants to roll his eyes but holds back the urge. "My son, you cannot let such relatively minor annoyances affect you to such a degree. Say 3 Our Fathers and............sorry, my son, for a moment there I thought we were at confession."
Maybe it's not such a good idea to have your priest be your shrink. :rolleyes:

The interminable delay of this release is one of many things that has turned me from a very patient man to a shrink's patient.
My shrink happens to be a priest also. He regularly asks me, "What is keeping you up at night, my son?"
"Well, Father," I say, "remember back in July I told you I still had not received my CineMuseum The Shining?"
I sense that Father wants to roll his eyes but holds back the urge. "My son, you cannot let such relatively minor annoyances affect you to such a degree. Say 3 Our Fathers and............sorry, my son, for a moment there I thought we were at confession."
Maybe it's not such a good idea to have your priest be your shrink. :rolleyes:
That made me smile:)

I just received both editions and they are truly remarkable. Highest quality production and this makes true justice for one of my favorite movies.
Gotta say i was sceptical about the Full Slip, but it turned out just superb and I actually prefer it.
Looking forward to 2001 and potentially A Clockwork Orange since it’s getting a 4K release this year. It would be so cool to have a complete set of Tomer’s art on the back , i hope one day Lolita and Dr. Strangelove will be there too:)
Now i feel bad for being a little whiny b*tch. Personally for me, this wait was worth it in the end.