The Shining (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #16) [Italy]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 2020 (TBC)
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - Combo + Box Set (Pre-order on December 14 at 2:30 PM Italy time )
Price: €54.90 (Lenti) - €49.90 (Full Slip Variant) - €129.90 (Combo+Box Set)
Notes: Combo Edition + Box Set 200 copies - special gift will be different for one-click

78785139_1723076751156482_4677171135681396736_o.jpg 75584981_1702777966519694_9041876902293274624_n.jpg 78411506_1736040146526809_5613943497674457088_o_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking for a copy for this. Can't seem to find it even on eBay
Yeah, it can be hard to find stuff if you don't use the exact right search words (kind of a pain, really).

Buying off premium retailers and putting on eBay x4 the price.
A thing I will never understand.
F*#k those :(
So when companies buy cheap things from China, put their labels on them and sell x10-20 the price you do understand and buy that stuff without any problems. But exactly here you have an impaired understanding of capitalism?:)

The thing that's hard to understand is that with all the fees ebay and Paypal charge sellers, and the need to make shipping cheap or free to attract buyers...you really have to mark things up quite a lot to make a relatively small profit. The time it takes to do that...just not worth it to me, but I guess it is for some people.

The thing that's hard to understand is that with all the fees ebay and Paypal charge sellers, and the need to make shipping cheap or free to attract buyers...you really have to mark things up quite a lot to make a relatively small profit. The time it takes to do that...just not worth it to me, but I guess it is for some people.
£500 and £45 International shipping is a pretty big mark up though.....

Come on. In this specific case you would bank $200 after all the fees and everything.
All depends on the volume of operation. If you have 10 orders a day and after all the fees and shipping you make 30$ on each order. $300 per day in pure profit is more than i get working as a Postdoc in an elite university. It’s a lot more actually.

I just bought a poster for $250 that originally costed $50. I’m still very happy because the next best option is $500. So it’s all relative.
thats not what i meant... of course there are items that even sell for 50 times its initial price.. this ones none of them... full slip is < 100€, lenti aroudn 100-120€ at *best* (got the full slip for 80€ for instance)... and the box not gonna be worth 300-400€ extra to anyone lol... especially when theres a listing currently at 155€ form a french seller

Reactions: Maksym
thats not what i meant... of course there are items that even sell for 50 times its initial price.. this ones none of them... full slip is < 100€, lenti aroudn 100-120€ at *best* (got the full slip for 80€ for instance)... and the box not gonna be 300-400€ extra to anyone lol
Yeah, but it’s all just a function of supply/demand. It will just depend on how many people who have free money to afford paying $600 for that specific thing and how badly they want it. The function of “how badly they want it” comes from a lot of different factors that can be very different for each specific product. Then you have a supply ( currently 1) with the set price. This seller can hold the price for a long time waiting for those potential buyers to pull the triger. When stars allign- the transaction will take place and it will set the actual market price for the specific item.
This is how trading works everywhere, so I don’t see anything unusual here. This seller is the first person to create a market for this specific item, so he tries the best price he can imagine, then the demand and buyers decide how good he was in picking that price.
when you have another seller entering the market with a different price, the things get more interesting and dynamic. The more sellers you have - the better , however when you have an extremely limited supply you can’t have a lot of sellers by design.

So when companies buy cheap things from China, put their labels on them and sell x10-20 the price you do understand and buy that stuff without any problems. But exactly here you have an impaired understanding of capitalism?:)
To be honest, if you consider that a newly-released 4K movie costs 30 dollars, going on 70 (to say) for a premium one, is not that bad considering that you'll have an exclusive or at least WWA steelbook inside w/ goodies and s#it, and outside in most cases an exclusive artwork.
After that, you would have to consider that for every movie a premium ret. makes an edition, they have to pay fees/royalties to the movie's distribution house. And as someone who quite knows those type of things, I can assure you that's not all that cheap.
Also, I think that Scanavo would make you pay more for less steelbooks (so a premium), and something cheaper for a big print, like Warner. That makes sense.
So, after all, even if they are expensive, if they are VERY-WELL made, I could go for that, talkin' personally. At least for what I know, premium retailers earnings for an edition are not so impressive if you think every thing they have to pay in order to do those.
Of course I think also the average price is expensive due to premiums being exclusive, things for collectors, after all, and considering that they go all for a relatively small print.

Last edited:
But if you mean generally, I completely agree with you. Especially that drop-shipping thing. It pisses me off.

(depends from company to company, tbh, luckily the world isn't all of those things)

But if you mean generally, I completely agree with you. Especially that drop-shipping thing. It pisses me off.

(depends from company to company, tbh, luckily the world isn't all of those things)
I hope you do realize that everything you buy from Amazon is technically a glorified drop-shipping system:) and Amazon being the biggest retailer in the world, it is clear that we all agreed that drop-shipping is a completely acceptable commercial tool.

No need to go so deep in explaining things.
The guy who sells for this price is a pure scalper.
Nothing wrong with being scalper. I am actually a scalper now and then myself. Just lame to search for any other excuse but being a scalper when you sell at that price.