Purchase link:
Amazon.de
Price: €11.99

Actual photos kindly given to us from Capelight:
signal.jpg

backart.jpg

81Duc9LVX+L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I posted awhile back saying I might be interested in the movie..can anyone compare it to anything? I saw enemy (steel book made by same people I think) and loved it. Read some reviews and this movie looks like one I'd like

I enjoyed this, very much a Marmite film, I thought it had similar themes to Dark City
I think I posted awhile back saying I might be interested in the movie..can anyone compare it to anything? I saw enemy (steel book made by same people I think) and loved it. Read some reviews and this movie looks like one I'd like

Reactions: nicblue
Thanks @SeeWizZ I went ahead and ordered one, said Amazon had 6 in stock and at $20ish shipped to u.s., might as well lol
I hope you enjoy it I like films that aren't sign posted, it's also possibly my favourite steelbook of the year, lovely finish/design and feels a liitle bit more solid than usual flimsy steels that come out

I enjoyed this, very much a Marmite film, I thought it had similar themes to Dark City
yes its like a daytime version of dark city where there is light throughout most of the film :). The acting is good and I really felt for the characters. I got my two Signal steels for $32.37USD shipped. There were a few price drops since it was up for presale I think. Now it shows 9.95EUR each. Pretty good.

Just got this today and I must say the finish on this steelbook is really good. The gloss finish is pretty similar to a lot of Asian steelbooks in my opinion. My second capelight steelbook and not disappointed with either.

Btw it is region free (works on my region A player anyway).

Just got this today and I must say the finish on this steelbook is really good. The gloss finish is pretty similar to a lot of Asian steelbooks in my opinion. My second capelight steelbook and not disappointed with either.

Btw it is region free (works on my region A player anyway).
I was also impressed with this, a nice gloss finish and some unusual embossing. I think it's a bargain at this price.:)

I was also impressed with this, a nice gloss finish and some unusual embossing. I think it's a bargain at this price.:)

Me too, I have the US blu-ray slipcover but wanting this one such a nice finish... Brenton Thwaites is making really nice movies; The Signal which I was Twice, Maleficent, The Giver, and Son of a Gun that I didn't see yet but looks good.

Last edited:
Me too, I have the US blu-ray slipcover but wanting this one such a nice finish... saw the movie twice !
I recommend this nice gloss/embossing on title and spacesuit, and really cool film also. Loved the hidden symbolism, watched this three times myself. Good price makes this a good purchase imo. :thumbs:

The steel looks great, but I'm torn with the movie. Usually I get a pretty good read on whether I like a movie (which I might then love on repeat viewing) or hate it (and wouldn't bother with the steel regardless - just my own standpoint), but this film really has me on the fence.

The steel looks great, but I'm torn with the movie. Usually I get a pretty good read on whether I like a movie (which I might then love on repeat viewing) or hate it (and wouldn't bother with the steel regardless - just my own standpoint), but this film really has me on the fence.
I rented this out first, not expecting a whole lot as I hadn't heard much about it. But I found myself thinking about it for days afterwards. It definitely warrants a rewatch.

A must have if you are a fan of Alien/UFO movies.

thanks @BluSteel2012 for the nice pictures, yes been hearing at how nice this steel was, after I saw it the movie the first time I Pre-Ordered the Amazon.com Amaray with Slipcover Version and since I already had a copy I decided to save funds for something else...I really enjoyed this movie and love the Cast, Brenton Thwaites was really good in it (Maleficent, Oculus, The Giver...) and enjoyed the storyline, love small movies and this had a nice feel to it...Thought it was very well done. I watched it a second time and wanted to get the steel but always pushed it, until now I gave in... really nice price and worth owning...can't wait to get this :)

Thanks to all who convinced me to get it by just talking about it. Now wait time begins :cautious:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I did enjoy it, it's out there type of storyline, it's the type either you hate it or love it...it's a small budget movie, but well made I thought...

@BluSteel2012 indeed, it leaves you hanging the first time around and kinda need a second watch to get it...like I said it's an ''out there'' kinda story line.
Yeah I have to agree either you love or hate it, my wife hated it but I thought it was great and even better on second viewing, and the steelbook is awesome

Such a nice looking steelbook. Picked this up for peanuts brand new. I would easily say it's on the same level as my Ex Machina Zavvi. Done by the same artists perhaps !? Whoever designed it, needs to be designing many more steelbooks as the embossing / spot gloss etc is creatively done.

Reactions: Last Lizard