The Sinbad Trilogy (Blu-ray/DVD Limited Edition) (Powerhouse Films) [UK]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release date: June 26, 2017
Purchase links: Powerhouse - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £42.99 - £44.99 (Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi)
Notes: Limited edition box set of 6000, Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits

C9JhiU-XUAAv9ND.jpg

THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)
Release date: 26 June 2017
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive interviews with actors Caroline Munro, Jane Seymour and Tom Baker, and rare recordings of Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer in conversation – this stunning Limited Dual Format Edition from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Restored from the original negatives
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad audio commentary with Ray Harryhausen
• Previously unreleased audio interviews with Ray Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer
• New interviews with actors Tom Baker, Caroline Munro and Jane Seymour
• New interview with SFX maestro Phil Tippett
• Original Super 8 cut-down versions
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers and promotional films
• Isolated scores by Bernard Herrmann, Miklós Rózsa and Roy Budd
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits
• Limited edition box set of 6,000
...AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

#PHIDFE024
BBFC cert: U
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899069912

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this movies, want to get it but right now i am broke hehehe, do you think guys this will be sold out quick? Dont want to miss it

@Noodles @paulboland
Hard to say at the moment it's still available with all retailers and also to order direct from powerhouse films it's limited to 6,000
I would order as soon as you have available funds as it's risky to wait for a price drop with this release a price drop might happen but best to not risk it.

This is a release that's a must have for me it's just the waiting for delivery that's getting to me if I had of kept me amazon order I would have had delivery 4 weeks ago I only cancelled amazon order because Zavvi took payment first

My replacement for previous zavvi shipped on 26 June that did not arrive was despatched on Friday 21st July if all ok with the postal carrier I should have delivery by tomorrow or by Monday 31st anything beyond that it's another delivery lost in the postal system

My previous two zavvi orders shipped recently Beauty and the Beast Steelbook was delivered in 5 days and 12 Angry Men (Criterion
Collection) was delivered in 4 days

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and harry
Love this movies, want to get it but right now i am broke hehehe, do you think guys this will be sold out quick? Dont want to miss it

@Noodles @paulboland
Personally I'd say you should be ok to wait, but it's like Paul said... if it's something you really want, then it's probably best not to risk it and order as soon as you have the funds, especially as a price drop may never happen.

The current price is pretty decent anyway to be fair, as it's a nice set and the films are of course classics (or so I've been told). I actually just watched the first film yesterday and really enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to checking out the others.

I hope you're able to pick it up soon anyway mate. :)

I sill not yet got delivery this is now getting very annoying
A replacement was shipped on the 21st July

10 days have passed since the replacement was shipped and 35 days have passed since the original order was shipped

@zavvi
What postal carrier was used if you can find out for me as something is wrong as most my orders arrive in 4-7 days with most been delivered in 5 days

The original order and the replacement has not been delivered so something wrong has been done for neither to have arrived yet

Last edited:
I sill not yet got delivery this is now getting very annoying
A replacement was shipped om the 21st July

10 days have passed since the replacement was shipped and 35 days have passed since the original order was shipped

@zavvi
What postal carrier was used if you can find out for me as something is wrong as most my orders arrive in 4-7 days with most been delivered in 5 days

The original order and the replacement has not been delivered so something wrong has been done for neither to have arrived yet
that sucks, Paul. fingers crossed for you. come on, @zavvi - is Ireland really that far away? o_O

HMV are selling the other edition's of different films from the INDICATOR range cheaper than Zavvi for £14.99 each.

Last edited:
I have edited my comment so its a bit clearer what I mean ;

HMV are selling the other film edition's from the INDICATOR range cheaper than Zavvi for £14.99 each.
Only a few titles are £14.99 each
Some are 2 for £25 these are the titles that have have been at that price from original launch on HMV

Later releases not part of the 2 for £25
Most of them as in 16 of the title releases are £19.99 each at HMV

Most of the £19.99 each titles on HMV website are £15.99 on Zavvi Website

Last edited:
Only a few titles are £14.99 each
Some are 2 for £25 these are the titles that have have been at that price from original launch on HMV

Later releases not part of the 2 for £25
Most of them as in 16 of the title releases are £19.99 each

Search "powerhouse film" on HMV website and there are lots and lots of their INDICATOR range of films at £14.99 (no special sale offer) but your right there are some ones at £19.99.

I bought Castle Keep recently, I thought it was a great film, more than just your usual run of the mill war film.

HMV has 2 pages of titles
13 titles are available at £14.99 each with Christine Sold Out no longer available
16 of the titles are £19.99 each

Zavvi excluding the box sets are £15.99 each with newer releases at £16.99 that Zavvi still have available and with working 10% discount code work out cheaper with the £15.99 titles

The 19.99 titles on HMV are £15.99 at Zavvi that Zavvi still have available

Last edited:
Reactions: MRD
From INDICATOR via Twitter:
"New, corrected stock can be identified by ltd ed numbers 4,001-6,000 on rear of the bellyband. If you have one of these, it is the new disc."

"If you no longer have your receipt, write your name & address on paper and place it next to bellyband with # visible and send us a photo"

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
I got the replacement Blu-ray disc on Monday

It don't have markings on the disc to let you know it's a different disc so make sure you put aside the older disc so you don't get confused which disc is the new one

Picture quality good improvement

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
I got the replacement Blu-ray disc on Monday

It don't have markings on the disc to let you know it's a different disc so make sure you put aside the older disc so you don't get confused which disc is the new one

Picture quality good improvement
Paul - did you look at the disc?
Is there a sceamingly obvious difference between them?
Just curious.
(Sent in my request for replacement disc yesterday, but I had not even looked at the movie yet).