The Sinbad Trilogy (Blu-ray/DVD Limited Edition) (Powerhouse Films) [UK]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release date: June 26, 2017
Purchase links: Powerhouse - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £42.99 - £44.99 (Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi)
Notes: Limited edition box set of 6000, Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits

C9JhiU-XUAAv9ND.jpg

THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)
Release date: 26 June 2017
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive interviews with actors Caroline Munro, Jane Seymour and Tom Baker, and rare recordings of Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer in conversation – this stunning Limited Dual Format Edition from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Restored from the original negatives
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad audio commentary with Ray Harryhausen
• Previously unreleased audio interviews with Ray Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer
• New interviews with actors Tom Baker, Caroline Munro and Jane Seymour
• New interview with SFX maestro Phil Tippett
• Original Super 8 cut-down versions
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers and promotional films
• Isolated scores by Bernard Herrmann, Miklós Rózsa and Roy Budd
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits
• Limited edition box set of 6,000
...AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

#PHIDFE024
BBFC cert: U
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899069912

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless it's something than originated on SD to begin with I don't buy it The same applies to tv shows that could be released on bluray but get DVD treatment only

happy days. :) massive thanks to @Noodles for the original heads-up. :thumbs: big thanks are also much due to Indicator, for being passionate about their work and wanting to ensure that their customers get the best they can, as they originally envisaged. superb service all around. :notworthy:

got to agree with @Lollard2002, it is sharper in many scenes and the colour grading is much better, less of that over-bright orange for a start! if you have one of the less-then-number-4,000 numbered sets, this is a free-of-charge no-brainer. :D

hopefully this comparison gives you an idea, at least: old print:
View media item 24463
new print:
View media item 24462

Last edited:
happy days. :) massive thanks to @Noodles for the original heads-up. :thumbs: big thanks are also much due to Indicator, for being passionate about their work and wanting to ensure that their customers get the best they can, as they originally envisaged. superb service all around. :notworthy:

got to agree with @Lollard2002, it is sharper in many scenes and the colour grading is much better, less of that over-bright orange for a start! if you have one of the less-then-number-4,000 numbered sets, this is a free-of-charge no-brainer. :D

hopefully this comparison gives you an idea, at least: old print:
View media item 24463
new print:
View media item 24462
Thanks for the comparison pics. It definitely looks better! And yes, great service from Indicator. :notworthy:

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Paul - did you look at the disc?
Is there a sceamingly obvious difference between them?
Just curious.
(Sent in my request for replacement disc yesterday, but I had not even looked at the movie yet).
Will be easy to tell them apart by watching each of the Blu-ray's it's very noticeable the picture quality difference
The replacement Blu-ray disc is lot better picture quality and looks great

If you don't watch the Blu-ray though can be easy to mix the discs up as they are the exact same no markings to tell you they are different

Will be easy to tell them apart by watching each of the Blu-ray's it's very noticeable the picture quality difference
The replacement Blu-ray disc is lot better picture quality and looks great

If you don't watch the Blu-ray though can be easy to mix the discs up as they are the exact same no markings to tell you they are different
Important to delineate the new one from the old one.:thumbs:
I once had Turbine replace ALL the discs in my Northern Exposure Complete series box set.
Imagine getting all of those mixed up!
(And OF COURSE it will be the exact same disc face art, so you must be careful to mark new and old)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
@paulboland @C.C. 95 So I'm guessing neither of you will throw the old disc out or give it away to someone? I hate throwing things away, but I also hate having something of no use sat on my shelf... oh the dilemma! :wacky:

• Thanks
@paulboland @C.C. 95 So I'm guessing neither of you will throw the old disc out or give it away to someone? I hate throwing things away, but I also hate having something of no use sat on my shelf... oh the dilemma! :wacky:
@Noodles
Phtoto copy the slip, and put in a new Amaray case, and give it to a less discerning friend!:LOL:
(you know, the ones who say they can't tell the difference between DVD and Blu-ray!)

I have lot of releases where replacement discs was provided the original faulty discs are in a drawer in paper cd holders or cd cases
Arrow Video/Scream Factory/Powerhouse Films and a few other distributors releases

I probably should give them away but the person receiving them would be getting a faulty release and might not be inclined to purchase other release from a same label

Powerhouse Films though have had 3 releases that I know about so far where replacement discs had to be issued I hope it's not a regular thing with later releases even though they provide excellent customer service in fixing the issues as some other film distributors don't bother fixing problems

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles
Phtoto copy the slip, and put in a new Amaray case, and give it to a less discerning friend!:LOL:
(you know, the ones who say they can't tell the difference between DVD and Blu-ray!)
That'd require too much effort for me lol. I'd probably just tell them it's a bootleg so their expectations are already super low. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I have lot of releases where replacement discs was provided the original faulty discs are in a drawer in paper cd holders or cd cases
Arrow Video/Scream Factory/Powerhouse Films and a few other distributors releases

I probably should give them away but the person receiving them would be getting a faulty release and might not be inclined to purchase other release from a same label

Powerhouse Films though have had 3 releases that I know about so far where replacement discs had to be issued I hope it's not a regular thing with later releases even though they provide excellent customer service in fixing the issues as some other film distributors don't bother fixing problems
The only time I've ever had to request a replacement disc was years ago with Gladiator... I can't quite remember what was wrong with the original disc now, but Universal also had to set up a whole replacement procedure.

Haha well I certainly wouldn't give the faulty copy to a film buff... maybe just a "regular" film watcher, which is pretty much everyone I know lol -- they find my obsession with films/collecting very weird.

Damn, really? I thought this cock-up was a first for Indicator. But yeah... so long as their customer service continues to be top-notch, then I suppose it's nothing to worry about.

• Thanks
After reports by others including myself that there was no way to tell the replacement disk apart from the older disc by markings

There is a way to tell the difference it's bit unusual in a way in terms of the numbering

New replacement disc on play surface has a number 1000
22154440_10213352477946995_2777195226111239432_n.jpg

The previous disc with wong video master used number 2000
22141088_10213352477586986_2486906518010187666_n.jpg

1000 is the new replacement Disc
2000 is the older Disc

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PadreKarras
Powerhouse Films
5th Anniversary Edition Repress of 3,000
024-26_SINBAD_TRILOGY_2021_ANNIV_3D_72dpi_transp_720x.png

Powerhouse Films Website Exclusive