Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: November 8, 2021
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99

Screenshot_20210730_003404_com.android.chrome_edit_177435221544799.jpg
Screenshot_20210815-153841_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210815-153746_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive decided to put an order in for this one. Might cancel closer the time but this art has really grown on me. Love the placements and that clean black. Images look really colourful too. Really pops. Personally I think it’s miles better than the WB steel even though it uses the same character images.

Ideally I’d love a (non streaky) very smooth matte black. Spot Glossed character images and an embossed title (also glossed). But that’s apparently too much of a premium finish for Warner to handle

Ive decided to put an order in for this one. Might cancel closer the time but this art has really grown on me. Love the placements and that clean black. Images look really colourful too. Really pops. Personally I think it’s miles better than the WB steel even though it uses the same character images.

Ideally I’d love a (non streaky) very smooth matte black. Spot Glossed character images and an embossed title (also glossed). But that’s apparently too much of a premium finish for Warner to handle
Same. The more I've looked at it, the more I prefer the hmv one too. Hopefully the back is decent. Even if it's simple spot gloss, so the central part is glossy, and the black surround isn't, that'll be fine. Atleast then there will be a base layer of gloss, voiding any streaky black matte. That'd do until a WEA comes along..

Speaking of WEAs, you can pretty much guarantee ml/hdz will end up using these 2 posters... whoever uses the 1st colourful one (sans the border), gets my money. Looks absolutely epic.

KY_The_Suicide_Squad_01jpg-JS643851623.jpgMV5BNGM3YzdlOWYtNjViZS00MTE2LWE1MWUtZmE2ZTcxZjcyMmU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODEyMTI1MjA@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
Same. The more I've looked at it, the more I prefer the hmv one too. Hopefully the back is decent. Even if it's simple spot gloss, so the central part is glossy, and the black surround isn't, that'll be fine. Atleast then there will be a base layer of gloss, voiding any streaky black matte. That'd do until a WEA comes along..

Speaking of WEAs, you can pretty much guarantee ml/hdz will end up using these 2 posters... whoever uses the 1st colourful one (sans the border), gets my money. Looks absolutely epic.

View attachment 513188View attachment 513189

Yeah. I perfer 1st one also. :wow: :drool: :woot:

Reactions: samdavies
Am I wrong to assume Manta will do a steel for this? Don't want another Shazam situation where I passed on other steel releases waiting for theirs that ultimately never came.

Am I wrong to assume Manta will do a steel for this? Don't want another Shazam situation where I passed on other steel releases waiting for theirs that ultimately never came.
Either manta, hdz (or both) will do it. Hdz haven't missed any DCEU titles (Joker/BoP are still WIP), and manta only missed Shazam. Granted manta's SS/BvS were global releases, but as that line is gone now, that only leaves their exclusive line.

No whisper from either retailer as of yet though, but given hdz's backlog, a potential manta release would be out much sooner.

Either manta, hdz (or both) will do it. Hdz haven't missed any DCEU titles (Joker/BoP are still WIP), and manta only missed Shazam. Granted manta's SS/BvS were global releases, but as that line is gone now, that only leaves their exclusive line.

No whisper from either retailer as of yet though, but given hdz's backlog, a potential manta release would be out much sooner.
I've no interest in HDZ, so fingers crossed for Manta! Did they ever say WHY they skipped Shazam? I can't even remember now. :wacky:

I've no interest in HDZ, so fingers crossed for Manta! Did they ever say WHY they skipped Shazam? I can't even remember now. :wacky:

I so hope that you would stuck with HDZ only and that Manta doesn't do it. ^_^
Then you would stuck with this "artwork".
What kind of BS excuse is i have no interest?

Last edited:
I so hope that you would stuck with HDZ only and that Manta doesn't do it. ^_^
Then you would stuck with this "artwork".
What kind of BS excuse is i have no interest?

What? I’ve read this 3 times and I still can’t make any sense from it

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
I don't think there was ever an official word. It was planned, but then ultimately cancelled. Worry over lack of popularity or scheduling issues perhaps, who knows.

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
IIRC something to do with the licensing as Shazam isn't solely a Warner IP

EDIT:

Ah, interesting. I'm guessing WB wouldn't approve their proposed art or something then. Unless it was a shared distribution in HK etc.. and that caused issues, as it's strange hdz managed it in china. Granted that did take ages to materialise, but that's not unusual for them lol

Another complete turd, that if you go instore will be there for £9 just like every other WB/DC title lol. Will wait on a premium release