Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: The Suicide Squad (2021)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Idris Elba, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Taika Waititi, Nathan Fillion, John Cena, Sean Gunn and more!

Release: 2021-08-04

Attachments

• suicide squad 2.jpg
    suicide squad 2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 833
Definitely an upgrade. Will Smith wasn't bad in the last one but Idris will be a great Dead Shot. I think WB are really turning things around with all the great talent they've got in their upcoming films. Idris, Ewan McGregor and Joaquin Phoenix, they're not messing about.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and kaw
Personally I'm quite sad to see Will Smith exit the role, because he was actually one of the better things about SS1, especially when combined with Margot Robbie, since they have such great chemistry both on and off screen. However, Elba is the perfect replacement, so I guess I can't be too disappointed!

Full line-up of James Gunn's THE SUICIDE SQUAD:

Deadshot (Idris Elba)
Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie)
Amanda Waller (Viola Davis)

+ Newcomers...

Ratcatcher
The Polka-Dot Man
King Shark
Peacemaker (Gunn wants Dave Bautista for this role)

The rest of the original cast and characters will not be returning.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Wonder how they'll explain the new Deadshot then, since they're still using actors/characters from the previous film. Honestly, I'd rather they just rebooted it, even if it meant no Margot as Harley... hell, give someone else a shot! I mean, she still gets to play her in Birds of Prey, so we won't be missing out that much. Oh, and I HATED Viola Davies in SS1! Love her in everything else she's been in, but I genuinely thought she was terrible in it... although I suppose she was meant to be sort of a "bad guy" to be fair lol.

Wonder how they'll explain the new Deadshot then, since they're still using actors/characters from the previous film.

They don't really need to explain the new Deadshot. He will just be the same Character played by a new actor so its fine.
like Terrance Howard to Don Cheadle or Ed Norton to Mark Ruffalo... or even Val Kilmer to George Clooney. ;)
You just make the transition and move on. It will be fine.

Reactions: Drum18
Jai Courtney Returning as Captain Boomerang for The Suicide Squad

Last we heard, Aquaman and Shazam! producer Peter Safran was on record saying that Warner Bros. and DC’s The Suicide Squad is going to be a “total reboot”, separate from David Ayer’s 2016 original movie. But wouldn’t you know it, Captain Boomerang has drunkenly crashed into this story to confuse things all over again.

Australian actor Jai Courtney now says he’ll be back to reprise his role as Captain Boomerang in The Suicide Squad. What the heck is going on in this movie?

In an interview with Business Insider, Courtney said he would be coming back to play Captain Boomerang, the grimy thief with a predilection for Australian hunting weapons, drinking at inappropriate times and unicorns, in The Suicide Squad.

So what’s the deal? There are several possibilities at play here. Gunn could be envisioning some sort of “passing of the torch”-type of moment from one iteration of the team to the next. Conversely, he could bring back the original team members (minus Will Smith, who has been replaced by Idris Elba as Deadshot) only to immediately kill them off, sort of like what Adam McKay did in the opening of The Other Guys. That would give rumored characters like King Shark, Ratcatcher, and Polka-Dot Man an opportunity to step into the spotlight. Maybe the original team gets captured, and the back-ups have to go in and bust them out of a high-security prison. Or maybe Gunn is looking to have a moment similar to the one in Edgar Wright’s Shaun of the Dead when Shaun and his pals run into their counterparts...

Or maybe it’s none of the above, and Gunn actually intends to focus this new movie on the same characters that were in the original film. It’s still unclear if Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn is coming back or not, but the fact that we’re seeing the return of Deadshot (who is rumored to be the focus of this movie, and have a larger role than just a cameo) and now the return of Captain Boomerang certainly points to a different type of approach than what we were expecting. Maybe Gunn could keep the “original team instantly dies” gag, but only Harley and Deadshot survive? They were the two stand-out characters from the first film anyway, and I don’t think too many people would be heartbroken if Boomerang quickly joined Slipknot at that big rope farm in the sky.

via /Film

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and kaw
Thats awesome news! He was actually really great in the first one.

Wonder if anyone else is coming back?
Out of the remaining cast from the first who hasn't been mentioned. Who would you guys like to see? (even if its just a cameo)

Thats awesome news! He was actually really great in the first one.

Wonder if anyone else is coming back?
Out of the remaining cast from the first who hasn't been mentioned. Who would you guys like to see? (even if its just a cameo)
Slipknot. :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: willbar84
Variety reports that Deadshot will NOT be in James Gunn’s ‘The Suicide Squad.' Idris Elba, who was reportedly replacing Will Smith in the role, will now play a different character.

SOURCE

Good decision IMO, as it gives Smith the chance to return if the time ever comes. Excited to see who Elba will be playing instead!

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
Good decision IMO, as it gives Smith the chance to return if the time ever comes. Excited to see who Elba will be playing instead!

Great decision just read this earlier, as far as I’m aware Will Smith has scheduling conflicts so this will give him an opportunity to reprise the roll of Deadshot if he chooses in the future. As for Elba and who I would like to see him play and should play well that’s a very easy choice Bronze Tiger :cigar:

1554506955134.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and kaw
Total Reboot aye :rofl::rofl::hilarious::D

View attachment 421353
Viola Davis to Return as Amanda Waller in James Gunn’s ‘The Suicide Squad’

http://www.thewrap.com/viola-davis-amanda-waller-the-suicide-squad/amp/

Joel Kinnamon is set to reprise his role as Rick Flagg in James Gunn’s ‘THE SUICIDE SQUAD’. (EXCLUSIVE)

https://discussingfilm.net/2019/04/...e-in-james-gunns-the-suicide-squad-exclusive/
Lol this is just getting more and more confusing. If it weren't for Gunn being at the helm, then I'd bet money this turns out to be another huge disappointment. Just goes to show how much faith I have in Gunn though I suppose!

Lol this is just getting more and more confusing. If it weren't for Gunn being at the helm, then I'd bet money this turns out to be another huge disappointment. Just goes to show how much faith I have in Gunn though I suppose!

The way I see it is that they were/are using the word “total reboot” is a loose marketing term to rebuild so they can keep what worked for them in the first one and move forward with their new direction since Aquaman. Ayer’s SS had to much interference, reshoots and cut material like the abusive relationship Joker and Harley share that I felt it couldn’t reach the potential it could have had even though it was only written in 6 weeks or so. Now that WB have taken this new route of Director Driven Films so they can have their own tone and style, things are shaping out very well so they can start focusing on building up the Worlds of DC that co-exist but with their own story lines / story arcs and not have to rely so much on crossovers or so forth.

I’m keen to see what Gunn does with the introduction of fairly unknown characters like Ratcatcher, Polka-dot Man and Peacemaker as he did such wonders with Rocket and Groot who were under the radar before GOTG. Plus there is a fan favourite SS member that hasn’t been revealed yet and I’ve got my fingers crossed that it’s Killer Frost to give the squad its powerhouse Super Villian which will come in handy for when s**t gets real.

Reactions: Wreck and Noodles
I'm totally cool with this casting. But WHO will he be playing?

I've only ever seen him in one film (Trainwreck) and thought he did a surprisingly good job... he was pretty damn funny I'd even go as far as to say he was the only thing I liked about that movie lol.

I've only ever seen him in one film (Trainwreck) and thought he did a surprisingly good job... he was pretty damn funny I'd even go as far as to say he was the only thing I liked about that movie lol.

Have you not seen Bumblebee yet? dude.

Apparently he is taking over the role that was suppose to go to Batista. Due to scheduling conflicts Batista had to turn down the part (and possibly to save face with Marvel).

Have you not seen Bumblebee yet? dude.

Apparently he is taking over the role that was suppose to go to Batista. Due to scheduling conflicts Batista had to turn down the part (and possibly to save face with Marvel).
Ohh yes, of course I did! In all honesty I found the movie kinda forgettable though, obviously lol.

Damn, that's a shame... I was really looking forward to seeing Batista join DC and team up with Gunn again. :(

I actually for the most part ... HATE John Cena's acting. Seems too forced.

I think he only plays a few good roles. One of which was THE WALL ... very good little flick

I actually for the most part ... HATE John Cena's acting. Seems too forced.

I think he only plays a few good roles. One of which was THE WALL ... very good little flick

Still have to see that. Heard good things.

I think Cena would work best playing King Shark out of the possible options.