The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: October 28, 2019 November 11, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live Sunday 8th September 6pm (18.00) UK Time)
Price: £15.99

12239868-8574694195798250.jpg12239868-1514694195354523.jpg12239868-8774694195480187.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Best news of today, together with Pom Poko (which I haven't even seen yet)! :drool:
I hadn't actually seen any Ghibli films until they started releasing these steels... I took a chance and ended up loving them!

What's your favourite so far? I still need to check out a lot of them, but I reckon Howl's moving Castle is mine for the moment.

I hadn't actually seen any Ghibli films until they started releasing these steels... I took a chance and ended up loving them!

What's your favourite so far? I still need to check out a lot of them, but I reckon Howl's moving Castle is mine for the moment.

Wow really!? Well I guess it's never too late exploring these gems! Enjoy :)

I found out about them by first seeing Spirited Away, because of all the commercial attention back then. Via SA I once bought a dvd of Princess Mononoke and I was overwhelmed by the story, music, animation and the overall attention for detail. After that came Totoro, Laputa, Nausicaa and so on. I haven't seen them all but so far my favorite is Princess Mononoke, followed by Laputa and Kaguya. But like I said I still haven't seen a handfull of them. Oh and I like this collection of steels very much!

Reactions: Noodles

I've still got a few to watch but Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away are the two best I think. I also personally love The Cat Returns for being so light and innocent (and funny).

Reactions: Noodles
Catching up with Italy with 18 compared to their 21 SG steelbook releases...
1565521031091.png

... with PRINCESS KAGUYA in the minority as far as front artwork is concerned i.e. repeated from Amaray to steelbook along with these:-
1) NAUSICAA (November 2013)
2) PRINCESS KAGUYA (October 2019)
3) GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES (June 2018)
4) SPIRITED AWAY (March 2017)

Artwork not repeated from the Amaray releases (UK) and unique to the steelbooks :-
5) LAPUTA (March 2017)
6) MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO (November 2013)
7) KIKI'S DELIVERY SERVICE (February 2016)
8) PORCO POSSO (December 2018)
9) WHISPER OF THE HEART (December 2018)
10) THE CAT RETURNS (March 2018)
11) HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE (November 2013)
12) TALES FROM EARTHSEA (March 2018)
13) PONYO (November 2013)
14) THE WIND RISES (June 2019)
15) ARRIETTY (June 2019)
16) THE RED TURTLE (June 2018)
17) PRINCESS MONONOKE (February 2016)
18) POM POKO (October 2019)

Studio Ghibli steelbook releases UK:-
2013 = 4
2014 = 0
2015 = 0
2016 = 2
2017 = 2
2018 = 6
2019 = 4

Wow really!? Well I guess it's never too late exploring these gems! Enjoy :)

I found out about them by first seeing Spirited Away, because of all the commercial attention back then. Via SA I once bought a dvd of Princess Mononoke and I was overwhelmed by the story, music, animation and the overall attention for detail. After that came Totoro, Laputa, Nausicaa and so on. I haven't seen them all but so far my favorite is Princess Mononoke, followed by Laputa and Kaguya. But like I said I still haven't seen a handfull of them. Oh and I like this collection of steels very much!
I'd seen a few anime films before then (practically forced to by an ex lol), and decided I wasn't a fan and wouldn't waste my time with any more... thankfully I eventually gave them a second chance though, as I obviously love Ghibli now, and there's been a few other gems in the genre. I still have loads to check out!

I only just got around to watching Spirited Away in the last year, and it's definitely top 3 Ghibli for me. I really need to rewatch Princess Mononoke... I first saw it when I was ill and kept falling asleep, so it wasn't the best experience lol. Thinking I should probably sit down and actually get some of these steels watched... I reckon I've only bothered to check out about 4 or 5 of them so far. :bag:

Reactions: Sampy
I've still got a few to watch but Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away are the two best I think. I also personally love The Cat Returns for being so light and innocent (and funny).
I guess I should watch The Cat Returns next then, being as though you also enjoyed Howl's and Spirited which are my 2 of my favourites so far.

Hello, someone knows if they are going to take out the steelbook of My neighbor totoro and howl's moving castle again. I'm only missing those two. Thank you.

only way I can see it happening is if a different run of the steelbooks ala disney/marvel where they change it to being a entirely different design but I dont think that will realistically happen unless they decide to push a 4k version of the ghibli films

Reactions: Marcoanfelo
[QUOTE = "kitsune, publicación: 2260071, miembro: 25807"]
Hasta ahora nunca han producido otra carrera para ninguno de los steelbooks.
[/CITAR]
thankyou!!

• Friendly
Reactions: kitsune
Any news when this goes live?
Was expecting it last weekend, & always worry may have missed something when the Zavvi page shows 'Sold Out' :angry:

Any news when this goes live?
Was expecting it last weekend, & always worry may have missed something when the Zavvi page shows 'Sold Out' :angry:
I'm patiently waiting too. Thankfully I think we'll be alright if we do miss the live time... Pom Poko is still in stock after all.