The Terminator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 18, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order will be live on Thursday October 24th at Midday 12pm UK time)
Price: £15.99

12218443-1314688023588467.jpg

12218443-9414688023684341.jpg 12218443-1954688022168447.jpg

Last edited:
It's not wrong
I gather you never worked in Music/Film retailer business as a product buyer for a retailer
Exclusive can be for a few weeks/months with a retailer and then be available with other retailers later in same country.

This is why you see a Zoom exclusive show up on Zavvi a few months later and zavvi exclusive show up months or a year later on HMV or Amazon

Exclusive to a retailer can be for just a few weeks or be for months/years and then released trade wide

Most exclusive releases have a time period applied to how long it will be exclusive with a retailer and when that expires the distributor can provid that release to other retailers.

Example
When I was with tower records I had exclusive on some releases that was for a Month before other retailers could sell the same release
Do they not have to remove the 'Exclusive' once others start selling it?

Do they not have to remove the 'Exclusive' once others start selling it?
Not always a release can be still listed as an exclusive just happens to be not sold out or is sold out and no longer available from that retailer
Sometimes they do change the listings but not always
Zoom often still have listed as exclusive even when Zavvi get the exact same steelbook a few months later

Your example of 5th Wave that Zavvi have listed as exclusive
Zavvi have 2 listings the exclusive and trade wide release both are same steelbook but was released different times
One was released in 2017 and the other was released in 2016

2017 re-release was a Zavvi exclusive in UK it was a re-release from range of different steelbooks these was a shared print run in Europe that year
Zavvi got 500 from that print run - The rest of the print run of this steelbook was sold in other countries

2017 Release
Zavvi Exclusive

Trade Wide Release
2016 Release

I have
The German Steelbook from 2012

Both FilmArena and Black Barons editions with same steelbook that was released in various countries in 2015

The HDzeta Lenticular Gold Label Steelbook released in 2016

The HDzeta steelbook is best so far IMO

What an abomination. This one from Zeta was much more fitting. This is one of the reasons why I pretty much stopped buying Steelbooks and is instead upgrading my existing Steelbooks to 4K. I’ve so far upgraded 52 Steelbooks to 4K and many of these titles were re-released as 4K Steelbooks and looked shite compared to the originals.

74D14548-7A7A-4296-B818-0DCD23F968C0.jpeg
411E8404-F75D-432D-94C7-35FF5ADDD0E5.jpeg

I would rather pay double on eBay for any other Terminator steelbook than buy this turd "just to have a steel"
I only buy stuff from retailers, never from second hand market, even if it's sealed. I especially would never pay anything more than the original retail price. If I miss a steel, whatever. Then I just buy a regular version.

Also, I never buy any premium steels, just regular ones. Premiums are a massive waste of money for what they cost and they're not even that much better than the regular steels often. And yeah, call me crazy and laugh all you want, I don't care.

I only buy stuff from retailers, never from second hand market, even if it's sealed. I especially would never pay anything more than the original retail price. If I miss a steel, whatever. Then I just buy a regular version.

Also, I never buy any premium steels, just regular ones. Premiums are a massive waste of money for what they cost and they're not even that much better than the regular steels often. And yeah, call me crazy and laugh all you want, I don't care.
LOL

Back in the day bought the previous two UK T1 steelbooks but not sure how well the design of this new one translates to a steelbook regarding finish etc. but hopeful a descent amount of metallic effects will make is interesting . . . less a fan of the printed-on-material effect than of the actual design ...
1572052888596.png
/
1572052677951.png

... but I suppose no worse or better than some of its contemporaries:-
1572050970288.png
1572051957149.png

PMSL
1572065093133.jpeg

Last edited:
Why is this being rereleased for the 50th time? To compliment new one coming out in theaters? This steelbook doesn't even come with 4K correct? I just don't get it.
I completely agree the HDzeta version crushes any other.

Everyone seems to be complaining about this and saying it looks awful but it sold out very quickly so is anyone gonna own up to getting one or are you all too embarrassed?

Why is this being rereleased for the 50th time? To compliment new one coming out in theaters? This steelbook doesn't even come with 4K correct? I just don't get it.
I completely agree the HDzeta version crushes any other.

I know right? Since everybody in the world already owns the HDZeta steelbook, and everybody in the world only have 4K players and only use 4K discs and only buy steelbooks if there are less than 10 copies made making it a super limited release and announce the total print run...

Oh wait, none of that's true.

So why did they release this then? For diehard steelbook collectors? Of course not!

They released it for the same reason all steelbooks are released. Whether it's WWA or a premium WEA release with slips.

To ******* make money!!!!!!!!!!! That's it and that's all!!!!!! Did you really believe that they do it for any other reason?

They don't give a **** that it's a title that has been released before. They know people will buy it and they are buying it.

Are you saying that you really don't "get" that? :rolleyes: