The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection #164) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: November 16, 2022
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

film_26410_2.jpg

film_26410_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so you're saying i can go in that night and order and be assured of a copy....
Only if you applied for a collector's number, was given one, and were assigned a number within the edition's run limit.
For example mine is 758, so I can get in on 1000-run ones, but missing out on most that are 750 (didn't make it under just a little), and have to ask a friend to buy them for me, who registered twice, and has two numbers.
Some have 3, while many have none, it's not fair.
To draw an analogy, basically there's approximately 600 ViPs, the 1%, that can take a week to decide, whether they want one, or not, while the rest are on the street with their hand out... ;)

waynes world vip GIF

Last edited:
Only if you applied for a collector's number, was given one, and were assigned a number within the edition's run limit.
For example mine is 758, so I can get in on 1000-run ones, but missing out on most that are 750 (didn't make it under just a little), and have to ask a friend to buy them for me, who registered twice, and has two numbers.
Some have 3, while many have none, it's not fair.

No wonder they resell like crazy.

And you only have 3 days to purchase on the FA site, not a week
It was always 3 days indeed, and if you didn't give any answer for a few releases, they could throw you out and pass your number to the next person on the waiting list.
But this time they wrote about a whole week. Probably because everyone forgot they exist and function, and need more time to react.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
If anyone has trouble getting one through GB, I can send you my copy (bought another on friend's account together with Basterds, so gotta reject mine, or buy it for someone else, 2 days left) at cost, 1400czk + 700 shipping to UK, other countries vary a little.
Only me being in isolated Russia, can receive payment only through cryptocurrency, any of them, or through peer to peer on Binance or Crypto com

Edit: Sold it already, no longer available.

Last edited:
Yeah, even my friend had 1 request for Justice League, 2 for Basterds, and 4 for The Thing. I don't think there'll be any left for free sale.

I should be able to receive it for about $70 shipped.

Reactions: jaws finatic
I didn't realise I had an account with Film Arena it was still available to order so I ordered one but i got an email saying I was on the list so no idea what that means. They didn't take any payment so I'm assuming even thought it was available to order it will be potluck if i secure a copy.