The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection #164) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: November 16, 2022
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

film_26410_2.jpg

film_26410_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realise I had an account with Film Arena it was still available to order so I ordered one but i got an email saying I was on the list so no idea what that means. They didn't take any payment so I'm assuming even thought it was available to order it will be potluck if i secure a copy.
More than likely they'll be gone. Honestly, I just got the scoop on collectible numbers so my thoughts of ever getting one thru the 'I Want One' process are very degraded toward sadness. Thankfully we have the Group Buy to save the day.

It would be nice to know how the process works if, indeed, you were lucky enough to secure one that way. I would think you'd get a email of some sort asking for payment, and that's how you'd know.

More than likely they'll be gone. Honestly, I just got the scoop on collectible numbers so my thoughts of ever getting one thru the 'I Want One' process are very degraded toward sadness. Thankfully we have the Group Buy to save the day.

It would be nice to know how the process works if, indeed, you were lucky enough to secure one that way. I would think you'd get a email of some sort asking for payment, and that's how you'd know.
Fair enough. There was no chance of me being in the group buy as I was not going to be near a computer...

shocked i was able to get one direct lol. do they not do the member numbered priority anymore?
It did not sell out! Available for purchase directly! 1400CZK without tax to a UK address, 2000 shipped, basically the price of a group buy here without shipping.

I didn't realise I had an account with Film Arena it was still available to order so I ordered one but i got an email saying I was on the list so no idea what that means. They didn't take any payment so I'm assuming even thought it was available to order it will be potluck if i secure a copy.

It's currently in stock at FAC now.

Reactions: Boilersteel

Well, I did the "I want one" process and no email came even though it went live, so not sure what is up with that, but all this round of releases came in stock 2000 CET time as Filmarena said would happen if they didn't sell out on preorder. As of now all remain in stock.

I haven't received any email yet to buy it. I think that's the way the system works. So if I get an email on the release date then I know i secured a copy.

You can go to their website now (click the link in the OP) and order it now.

If you really want it, I don't think you should wait for an email or an invoice. Just click the pre-order button.

Reactions: Widous
I haven't received any email yet to buy it. I think that's the way the system works. So if I get an email on the release date then I know i secured a copy.
As @Stygian said just go to the website and click buy. I really doubt you will get an email, as I didn't receive one at all. Even if you do get an email, just decline an additional purchase if the purchase was already made. Seems pretty easy.

Wow, looks like many people never ordered direct there.
There's also other FACs in stock, like Ralph Breaks the Internet, Lego Batman Movie, Moana, The Jungle Book, Zootopia, The Accountant, Gemini Man, three versions of Forest Gump, two versions of Black Panther, three versions of Deadpool 2, Allied, Schindler's List, Pet Sematary remake, The Mule, two versions of Guardians of the Galaxy 2, two versions of War for the Planet of the Apes, Fate of the Furious (F8), two fullslips of Creed, two FACs of Creed II, two of Birdman, Black Mass, Everest, The Revenant, Crimson Peak, Sicario, two of Sabotage (awesome movie), Maze Runner 2, and One Click boxes of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Love Rosie, and Sabotage...

I'd buy them all, if I didn't buy them all already (besides those that I just don't like the films themselves).

Wow, looks like many people never ordered direct there.
There's also other FACs in stock, like Ralph Breaks the Internet, Lego Batman Movie, Moana, The Jungle Book, Zootopia, The Accountant, Gemini Man, three versions of Forest Gump, two versions of Black Panther, three versions of Deadpool 2, Allied, Schindler's List, Pet Sematary remake, The Mule, two versions of Guardians of the Galaxy 2, two versions of War for the Planet of the Apes, Fate of the Furious (F8), two fullslips of Creed, two FACs of Creed II, two of Birdman, Black Mass, Everest, The Revenant, Crimson Peak, Sicario, two of Sabotage (awesome movie), Maze Runner 2, and One Click boxes of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Love Rosie, and Sabotage...

I'd buy them all, if I didn't buy them all already (besides those that I just don't like the films themselves).
to buy the thing in uk, it will end up costing 150 euro after taxes. Thats abit outrageous

to buy the thing in uk, it will end up costing 150 euro after taxes. Thats abit outrageous
I was just looking at this on the FAC website, wasn't sure how much it would cost to the UK all in but that's far too rich for my blood unfortunately.

Would the group buy have been any cheaper? If so any chance of increasing the amount there?

I was just looking at this on the FAC website, wasn't sure how much it would cost to the UK all in but that's far too rich for my blood unfortunately.

Would the group buy have been any cheaper? If so any chance of increasing the amount there?
I wouldn’t worry about that as you won’t be getting it from FA, GB’s are all done so you will be looking at well over £100 now, probably £150 at least.

I'm pretty sure Filmarena have bumped the number of this FAC they're producing from 751 to 1001 (see below), which would explain why it's still available to pre-order. They've not done it with the other releases (Onward, ZSJL and Inglorious Basterds) so I guess they figure this one will be more popular and make them more money?

1660248597697.png

I wouldn’t worry about that as you won’t be getting it from FA, GB’s are all done so you will be looking at well over £100 now, probably £150 at least.

Im a bit confused how you got to that amount? Mine come to £71 inc postage. VAT has already been added and its under the £135 import threshold. Am I going to be hit with fees I’m unaware of?