The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 16, 2021
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €26.94

91KdF7TixkL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And to get you really excited the same store is also listing the original War of the Worlds forthcoming in 4k....

Have 3 different steels for this movie. BRING IT ON!!!!!

I have the UK Arrow, UK Universal, US Scream & US Mondo steels, I also have the Arrow collectors edition box set and the German Mediabook, I'm still trying to find the more recent Europe steel cheap so if this one offers new art & easy to order I will no doubt try and get it.

The Thing & The Raid 1&2 are movies I try to get all the steelbook variations for.

Reactions: jaws finatic
I have the UK Arrow, UK Universal, US Scream & US Mondo steels, I also have the Arrow collectors edition box set and the German Mediabook, I'm still trying to find the more recent Europe steel cheap so if this one offers new art & easy to order I will no doubt try and get it.

The Thing & The Raid 1&2 are movies I try to get all the steelbook variations for.
I have the UK Arrow, UK Universal, and the US Scream editions. The Mondo steel came around and honestly it didn't really do much for me, so I passed. I understand I'm the minority opinion on that. I have seen a Mondo poster for The Thing that would have made a sensational steelbook, but alas it wasn't to be.

I'm assuming the more recent Europe edition is the one with the snowy blue background with Benning on his knees? I love the look of that, but think it has no inside art. Would love a steel for the prequel. Even tho the cgi wasn't up to the lofty standards of Rob Bottin's imagination, I loved the performances, characters and story.

As for this, I'm very interested in seeing what this place has to offer. May be time to mock up some more mini The Thing Lobby Cards for a new edition!!!! Unless they come packing their own, that is.