The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 3 Red Carpet live, general sale at 9 AM - UK time)
Price: £29.99

The Thing SteelBook.jpg

Open.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's fine to express your opinion, of course. But to threaten someone's life due to your own dislike of their work is absurd and not at all tolerated here! Please refrain from making such comments in future.
You are right my comment was not funny and too harsh but that being said it’s a shame to release a movie that great with a steel that ugly

What?? That’s it?
LOL. When it doesn't take a lot of words to convey one's disdain.

Pretty much exactly what I thought upon first reveal. It kills me, man. Fortunately I have the Arrow which blows this to smithereens. See? That's the way it should be with THE THING. Each new edition should blow us to smithereens. Not make us look at the street and kick the curb.

Looking forward to the other reveal.

You are right my comment was not funny and too harsh but that being said it’s a shame to release a movie that great with a steel that ugly
Thank you for understanding. We all love a joke here, but if an outsider such as Matt himself were to wander into this thread and see that, then it's fair to say he may be a little worried or upset. I'll be the first to admit I've made similar mistakes with my "humour" before, so it's just worth thinking about how others may view something you say before posting it. :)

it will be glossy - guaranteed to match the Studio Canal ones. We worked closely with both SC and Matt on this one
@johnnythm
Any reason why Universal did not do any new extras for this release as it's the same extras that was on the existing 2008 disc

Is the Blu-ray disc just the same transfer as the 2008 disc just has new artwork

Can you confirm it's only the UHD disc has the arrow 4K scan remaster or have universal also used that arrow remaster for the Blu-ray

Last edited:
Anyone know of any Zavvi codes about please?
Zavvi codes dont work on pre orders a few years now
Discount codes are meant for use in stock items only

Red Carpet members sometimes get lucky to use their red carpet discount code before Zavvi disable it on pre order listings

While I'm not overly enamoured with the art, I do like the fact it matches the StudoCanal releases which I think were slightly better.

My worry at this point is it'll be streaky matte and not glossy like the earlier releases. I also hope the text on the spine height matches the others.

While I'm not overly enamoured with the art, I do like the fact it matches the StudoCanal releases which I think were slightly better.

My worry at this point is it'll be streaky matte and not glossy like the earlier releases. I also hope the text on the spine height matches the others.
Confirmed to be Gloss earlier in the thread mate

it will be glossy - guaranteed to match the Studio Canal ones. We worked closely with both SC and Matt on this one

Arrow did the 4k scan restoration at universal
Universal own the rights to use it
It's the same remastered transfer just encoded for uhd

Note its only the UHD that has the remastered version

The Blu-ray disc is the previous universal 2008 disc with same extras
Thanks!!

Front cover should have more characters, if not all the characters that are in the movie. The back is awesome! I can't wait to check it out.

I am very pleased to see that it will have the movie title on the front.. Some of the steelbooks from zavvi that have a deluxe edition looks strange when they are sold individually. like it's missing the other part.

Thank you for understanding. We all love a joke here, but if an outsider such as Matt himself were to wander into this thread and see that, then it's fair to say he may be a little worried or upset. I'll be the first to admit I've made similar mistakes with my "humour" before, so it's just worth thinking about how others may view something you say before posting it. :)
1. Matt and some other people already saw
2. **** that member who made the threat
3. Dude should be banned for awhile