Waxwork Records The Thing - OST by Ennio Morricone (colored vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: February 13, 2017
Purchase: Waxwork
Price: $32 (Standard "Snow" Edition) - $70 (Deluxe "Ice" Edition)

Notes: 1LP, Standard "Snow" Edition 180 gr “true white” colored Vinyl, Deluxe “Trapped In The Ice” Edition 180 gr "Deep Blue with White Haze" colored vinyl, both come in a Satin Coated Old-Style Gatefold Jacket with UV Spot-Gloss and includes a 11” x 22” Poster, exclusive to the Deluxe Edition is the heavyweight, Hand-Assembled, High-Gloss, Break-Away “Ice” Slipcase and a Booklet Featuring Exclusive Interview with Director John Carpenter, Artwork by Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative

theThing_Cacked_Ice.jpg
The_thing_white_web.jpg

The_Thing_White_Package_web.jpg

the_thing_white_LP_web.jpg

The_Thing_Blue_LP_web.jpg

the_thing_blue_web.jpg

thething_cover_web.jpg

The_Thing_Cracked_Ice_on_back.jpg

THETHING_INSERT.jpg

thething_back_cover_web.jpg

Waxwork Records is thrilled to present the deluxe soundtrack re-issue to 1982’s sci-fi horror classic, JOHN CARPENTER’S THE THING. Composed by the legendary Ennio Morricone, the soundtrack to THE THING is a landmark musical composition that is cold, dark, minimal, and effective.

Considered to be John Carpenter’s directorial masterpiece, THE THING is praised as one of the greatest films of it’s genre by both fans and critics. Starring Kurt Russell and A. Wilford Brimley, THE THING follows a team of researchers in Antarctica as they are infiltrated by a parasitic extraterrestrial life form that assimilates other organisms and then imitates them. The classic soundtrack composed by Ennio Morricone effectively captures the cold, isolated tone of the story and film, and marks one of the few John Carpenter directed films that Carpenter did not score himself.

Waxwork Records worked for two years to ensure that such a highly anticipated and sought after vinyl soundtrack re-issue would meet and exceed expectations of the biggest fan of John Carpenter and his sci-fi / horror tour de force that is THE THING.

Features include the complete Ennio Morricone soundtrack re-mastered from the original master tapes, your choice of two different 180 gram colored vinyl variants, all new artwork by Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative, deluxe heavyweight packaging including satin coated old-style gatefold jackets with UV spot-gloss varnish, an 11” x 22” poster, a custom hand assembled breakaway “ice” slipcase with 100% overall UV gloss coating, and an exclusive interview with director John Carpenter.

Deluxe “Trapped In The Ice” Edition
  • Heavyweight, Hand-Assembled, High-Gloss, Break-Away “Ice” Slipcase
  • 180 Gram “Ice” Vinyl (Deep Blue with White Haze)
  • Satin Coated Old-Style Gatefold Jacket with UV Spot-Gloss
  • 11” x 22” Poster
  • New Artwork By Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative
  • Booklet Featuring Exclusive Interview with Director John Carpenter
Standard “Snow” Edition
  • 180 Gram “Snow” Vinyl (True White)
  • Satin Coated Old-Style Gatefold Jacket with UV Spot-Gloss
  • 11” x 22” Poster
  • New Artwork By Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative

Tracklist:

Side A

1. Humanity (Part 1)
  2. Shape
  3. Contamination
  4. Bestiality
  5. Solitude
  6. Eternity

SIDE B

1. Wait
  2. Humanity (Part 2)
  3. Sterilization
  4. Despair

Last edited:
Just watched the movie today, it was really great, especially the soundtrack, so must-buy for me ! :thumbs: Really like this slipcase version, I just hope it won't cost too much..

I was just thinking about how much this edition will cost. Gona leave a sting

I'm hoping the poster and book come with the other editons, obviously I'll make my mind up when we see all editions but I really really want that white vinyl with the liquid blood

****!!

That's an awesome slip case

@dan8885 @Noodles @C.C. 95

I think that white vinyl with the blood should of been included with this though

I'll go for whatever edition has that version
Thanks for the tag, @Flloydo !
Hey! Who knew that The Thing had a connection to the floor from the Red Room in Twin Peaks?!
:LOL:
Naw, that is kinda cool.;)
Red blood center is a must! If they have a liquid red blood center, this will be killer.
(Especially if the find a way to suggest the center is a petri dish!)
IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_0518.GIF

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
Don't know.. but if it's more than $50, I'll pass.. or get the other variant ^^

So far they have been $35 + $22 shipping to uk so more than $50 (not sure what you pay for shipping to France but I imagine it's the same) and i have a feeling this slip case variant will be $40 + shipping (possibly $62 :( )

They are leaving this one very late with beauty shots and details. I'm at work tomorrow and can't spend all day checking the site and waxwork for info on contents, pricing and pre order time.

So far they have been $35 + $22 shipping to uk so more than $50 (not sure what you pay for shipping to France but I imagine it's the same) and i have a feeling this slip case variant will be $40 + shipping (possibly $62 :( )

They are leaving this one very late with beauty shots and details. I'm at work tomorrow and can't spend all day checking the site and waxwork for info on contents, pricing and pre order time.
Well, @dan8885 (from his long history of buyng vinyl) seems to think this won't be a quick sellout, so hopefully you should have time to duck out once and check and get one. Fingers crossed!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Thanks for the tag, @Flloydo !
Hey! Who knew that The Thing had a connection to the floor from the Red Room in Twin Peaks?!
:LOL:
Naw, that is kinda cool.;)
Red blood center is a must! If they have a liquid red blood center, this will be killer.
(Especially if the find a way to suggest the center is a petri dish!)
View attachment 292227 View attachment 292226

I'm assuming the other editon is the white vinyl and blood centre after seeing that pic.
Maybe it was a prototype and didn't work out but it suits the film so much having the vinyl like that and like you say to look like a Petri dish

But I want that cracked ice slip case too lol but I'll only be going for one variant.

As long as the other editon still includes the poster and book, it should do anyway (hope the poster is the classic with the guy/ thing in the Parker and light shining out the hood)

Reactions: C.C. 95
Well, @dan8885 (from his long history of buyng vinyl) seems to think this won't be a quick sellout, so hopefully you should have time to duck out once and check and get one. Fingers crossed!

I meant seeing all the shots and details, when are they actually going to release the info. Considering this will most likely be live in about 20 hours they are leaving it all very late

But yeah I'll defo check between 5 and 6 uk time for ordering plus my boss isn't in tomorrow so that makes it easier lol but I can't be checking every half hour

Unless this is a smaller run than previous vinyl it won't sell out that quickly. Not all variants anyway

Reactions: C.C. 95