The Toxic Avenger (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: The Toxic Avenger (live!!!)
Price: £16.99
Note: Limited to 2,500 Copies. Matte and Varnish Embossed 'Toxic' and Title.

10958727-1400241424-938992.jpg

10958727-1400233801-484079.jpg

10958727-1400233801-484089.jpg

Special features:

· All Region Codes
· Audio Commentary with co-director Lloyd Kaufman
· Alternate Japanese Cut. (92 Mins- Standard Definition)
· Introduction to Japanese Cut
· 15th Anniversary Introduction by Lloyd Kaufman
· 30th Anniversary Introduction by Lloyd Kaufman
· The Radiation March
· Intro from Toxic Crusaders cartoon
· Toxie - 15 Years Later
· Tromaville Café - The Death of Toxie
· Troma Studio Building Tour
· Mopboy Secrets with commentary by Mark Torgl
· Why is Lloyd Kaufman living in a refrigerator box?
· Public Service Announcement
· Aroma Du Troma
· Toxic Slide Show
· Theatrical Trailer
· BonusTrailers:

Bloodsucking Freaks
The Toxic Avenger 2
The Toxic Avenger 3
Citizen Toxie

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 293
Last edited by a moderator:
It's live and nobody's buying

Just my opinion, but they are releasing some real crappy movies that aren't selling (la Haine, made in England) release something like 30 Days of Night, Silent Hill, both of these could have some outstanding artwork and would fly off the shelf

Last edited:
this live 5.32, now 6.02 two people stated ordered this one's flying out the barn door i see :hilarious:

basil :thumbs:

This will take a good while to sell out the scalpers wont be risking this release not at this early stage maybe when its known to be nearly sold out they will bite

Some people will might not even admit they have ordered this as well :hilarious:

Its a strange choice for a Steelbook Release in my opinion even if its a first time UK Blu-ray Release

I expect this to be still available even near to release date unless Zavvi do a pretend its Sold Out to create demand :p

Last edited:

Just my opinion, but they are releasing some real crappy movies that aren't selling (la Haine, made in England) release something like 30 Days of Night, Silent Hill, both of these could have some outstanding artwork and would fly off the shelf

Just because they haven't sold out within seconds/minutes/days doesn't mean they're not selling... it baffles me how many people think like that. And this is just my opinion, but I'd much rather have films like La Haine and This is England than 30 Days of Night and Silent Hill... I wouldn't even purchase steelbooks for those two movies in all honesty.

As for Toxic Avenger... pre-ordered! :scat:

Love the movie, i have whole trilogy on DVD.
I suppose blu-ray steelbok (if not taking picture quality into consideration)
is not a double diping in this case. Ordered :scat:

In my opinion...it will have grail satus in 5 years time.:D

So tempted to stick an order in but this is just a little too much over what I want to pay.

You say La Haine and This is England are crappy films, and then use Silent Hill and 30 Days of night in your argument? :hilarious:

Now those are 2 crappy movies... La Haine and This is England are both highly acclaimed.

I would much rather see Zavvi releasing great movies like La Haine, than dross like Silent Hill.

La Haine
8.1 IMDb (Top 250)
100% Rotten Tomatoes

This Is England
7.7 IMDb
86 Metacritic
93% Rotten Tomatoes

On the other hand:

30 Days of Night
6.6 IMDb
53 Metacritic
51% Rotten Tomatoes

Silent Hill
6.6 IMDb
30 Metacritic
29% Rotten Tomatoes

uwotm8

Last edited:
Screw those ratings. They mean nothing to me. I watch and make up my own mind. 30 Days of Night is a very underrated movie and the current poll on this very site to get a Steelbook released for it has a huge fanbase. So all those people can't be wrong.

Have to say I also have no interest in This Is England and La Haine. I hate those kind of depressing movies. The world is a ****** enough place without glorifying football hooligans and junkies IMO.

It's all about opinions, I hope the 4 people that ordered la Haine, the 5 that ordered this is England and the 1 person that ordered toxic avenger because they are 'cult classics' enjoy them :D

And as someone once said "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

Last edited: