The Toxic Avenger (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: The Toxic Avenger (live!!!)
Price: £16.99
Note: Limited to 2,500 Copies. Matte and Varnish Embossed 'Toxic' and Title.

10958727-1400241424-938992.jpg

10958727-1400233801-484079.jpg

10958727-1400233801-484089.jpg

Special features:

· All Region Codes
· Audio Commentary with co-director Lloyd Kaufman
· Alternate Japanese Cut. (92 Mins- Standard Definition)
· Introduction to Japanese Cut
· 15th Anniversary Introduction by Lloyd Kaufman
· 30th Anniversary Introduction by Lloyd Kaufman
· The Radiation March
· Intro from Toxic Crusaders cartoon
· Toxie - 15 Years Later
· Tromaville Café - The Death of Toxie
· Troma Studio Building Tour
· Mopboy Secrets with commentary by Mark Torgl
· Why is Lloyd Kaufman living in a refrigerator box?
· Public Service Announcement
· Aroma Du Troma
· Toxic Slide Show
· Theatrical Trailer
· BonusTrailers:

Bloodsucking Freaks
The Toxic Avenger 2
The Toxic Avenger 3
Citizen Toxie

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 293
Last edited by a moderator:
It's all about opinions, I hope the 4 people that ordered la Haine, the 5 that ordered this is England and the 1 person that ordered toxic avenger because they are 'cult classics' enjoy them :D

And as someone once said "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

La Haine is a very good film
But the best version to get is the USA release it has tons of extras

UK version of La Haine has no extras

Some films people like and others don't that's life
What may be a masterpiece to one person is a rubbish film to another

I never go by ratings website for any film
ratings are not reliable and means noting to the person who likes the film anyway
I only find them useful for finding out what the disc content is for extras and certain sites for picture/sound quality

Last edited:
And as someone once said "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

There you go... just because La Haine and This is England aren't to your tastes doesn't mean they aren't to others... and both deserve a steelbook.

Personally, I thought Silent Hill was a turd, but I wouldn't complain if they made a steel of it. I just wouldn't buy it.

I don't personally understand how the remake of Texas Chainsaw sold out given how bad it is, but each to their own.

I actually watched this is England and the couple of tv shows set later, just found them to be incredibly dull, channel 4 kind of dull, not what I would class as a steelbook worthy release, just wonder if anyone would have put them in their top 100 of films they wanted released as a steelbook, I'm happy for people who want it but the two films I mentioned for instance would probably outsell them 10 to 1 if not more.
I'm just sad that none of the films I ever want to see in steels (complete Lynch and Cronenberg catalogue for instance) have got a cat in hells chance of being released

Last edited:
Limited Edition Email
Selling Fast :hilarious:
10314765_10203613859007608_5506785276524282740_n.jpg

I find this hard to believe
In my opinion it's Zavvi telling a white lie to get people to rush to order
I just can't see it been correct

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
I don't understand why it's so hard for people to believe this might be close to selling out, Troma have a huge cult following and Toxie is basically their Mickey Mouse.

People seem to forget that niche movies like this created the market for special editions, limited releases, alternate cuts etc. We should be seeing more movies like this in steelbook. I'd love to see more Troma releases and also films by John Waters, Herschell Gordon Lewis etc

Usually these email say less than ### remaining, don't they?

The fact that this one simply says "limited stock remaining" seems pretty telling if you ask me. I mean, isn't it limited to begin with? They could have sold none and still advertise it like this. (Not that I am implying they have sold none, obviously)

Personally, I would like to pick it up, but only for a very discounted price. I really do like this movie for what it is, but it's certainly no masterpiece so I can't pay their asking price and, if it did somehow sell out, I wouldn't be overly disappointed.

Hey guys, breaking news from Zavvi! Around 400 or so will go back on sale later today.

As always, a number of troublesome orders have been cancelled to clear up this stock for regular folks.

Keep watch on this thread for updates, and please make sure to use the link in the OP before you purchase.

Thanks as always for your support!

Just got mine and the front is really nice... it's actually white! Front is spot-gloss and the hands, mop and title are embossed. The back and interior really let it down though imo... both are metallic/silver and because the images are low quality they look really dark - you can barely even make out the image inside.

Here's some quick/crappy photos until someone with a better camera and setup comes along...

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Last edited:
I cancelled my original order
88 films have this listed as 4000 limited
Screenshot (26).png

Zavvi have this listed as 2500 limited

Screenshot (28).png

So which is it 4000 or 2500
I will wait for a price drop as I cant see this one selling out