The Transformers: The Movie (1986) - 35th Anniversary Edition (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Shout Factory) [USA]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 3, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon - Target - Shout Factory
Price: $21.98 (Amazon) - $23.99 (Target) - $28.43 (Shout)
Notes: Special Offer: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get an EXCLUSIVE 18" X 24" ROLLED LITHOGRAPH featuring our brand new artwork, available while supplies last!

F80C22BA-3EAE-4C52-9B7D-608129A59CD0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be live to pre order on Monday 24th May on Shout Factory shop

If your order from shout factory it will also include a exclusive litograph

It will also be available from usual other USA retailers Amazon etc but they won't include the litograph

@Flloydo

Here's another Matt Ferguson SteelBook.

Ahh okay. Hadn’t been in here because it don’t interest me but I feel stupid after what I posted in the GitS thread lol.

I think they’ve butchered his art with the giant weird split up title placement

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
Ahh okay. Hadn’t been in here because it don’t interest me but I feel stupid after what I posted in the GitS thread lol.

I think they’ve butchered his art with the giant weird split up title placement

I read pretty much all of the SteelBook threads whether the movie interests me or not just to see what people's opinions are of the movie, the SteelBook and just their opinions on the fact that it's getting a SteelBook at all.

I thought people would be all over this one because I'm sure I've seen posts in live action Transformers SteelBook threads about wishing they would release this animated movie in a SteelBook. Now in 4K even.

I read pretty much all of the SteelBook threads whether the movie interests me or not just to see what people's opinions are of the movie, the SteelBook and just their opinions on the fact that it's getting a SteelBook at all.

I thought people would be all over this one because I'm sure I've seen posts in live action Transformers SteelBook threads about wishing they would release this animated movie in a SteelBook. Now in 4K even.

i used to. Too tiring now.
like if it’s a WWA steel being released in 20 countries I won’t go in every thread anymore. just ain’t worth it.

Yeah possibly they will. I think you have to join a GB for shout factory releases outside of the US so a lot probably can’t be bothered or will wait for another listing in another region. I’ve personally not bothered with any shout factory releases. Maybe I would if they came out in the U.K. though

i used to. Too tiring now.
like if it’s a WWA steel being released in 20 countries I won’t go in every thread anymore. just ain’t worth it.

Yeah possibly they will. I think you have to join a GB for shout factory releases outside of the US so a lot probably can’t be bothered or will wait for another listing in another region. I’ve personally not bothered with any shout factory releases. Maybe I would if they came out in the U.K. though
You only need a GB for shout factory if you want the exclusive lithograph or posters they sometimes include

Shout Factory/Scream Factory releases without lithograph/poster can be purchased from multiple usa retailers
Amazon USA - Wow HD etc etc

This release like all previous releases from shout factory will show up on other USA retailers a few weeks after going live on Shout Factory Website

In regards to this film it's likely to get a UK release from Manga Entertainment and be the same steelbook
The 30th Anniversary edition got a UK release

This film has been released previously as a steelbook
The 30th Anniversary edition in USA/Canada/UK

Thread 'The Transformers: The Movie (1986) - 30th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]' The Transformers: The Movie (1986) - 30th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Thread 'The Transformers: The Movie (1986) - 30th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Shout Factory) [USA]'

The 35th Anniversary is a reissue with new artwork and 4K

Last edited:
2 Discs
Includes The Widescreen (1.85:1) Version in 4K And Full Frame (1.33:1) Version In 1080p

Bonus Features​

• NEW 4K Transfer Of Original Film Elements
  • NEW Feature-Length Storyboards, Including Deleted, Alternate And Extended Sequences
  • NEW Fathom Events 30th Anniversary Featurette, Including Stan Bush's Acoustic Performances Of "The Touch" And "Dare"
  • 'Til All Are One – A Comprehensive Documentary Looking Back At The Transformers: The Movie With Members Of The Cast And Crew, Including Story Consultant Flint Dille, Cast Members Gregg Berger, Susan Blu, Neil Ross, Dan Gilvezan, Singer/Songwriter Stan Bush, Composer Vince DiCola And Others!
  • Audio Commentary With Director Nelson Shin, Story Consultant Flint Dille And Star Susan Blu
  • Archival Featurettes – "The Death Of Optimus Prime," "The Cast & Characters," And "Transformers Q&A"
  • Animated Storyboards
  • Original Theatrical Trailers
  • TV Spots