The Ultimate Bourne Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
The Bourne Trilogy Box Set: Universal 100th Anniversary Edition - Play.com Exclusive Steelbook (Blu-ray)
Release Date: August 6th, 2012

Buy Link

Thanks to steelbook86 for the heads-up on new images from Play:
BourneTrilogy-1.jpg

BourneTrilogy-2.jpg

BourneTrilogy-3.jpg

Actual pics:
From pbtour4il:
DSC_1150.jpg

DSC_1151.jpg

DSC_1152.jpg

DSC_1153.jpg

DSC_1154.jpg

DSC_1155.jpg

DSC_1156.jpg

DSC_1157.jpg

DSC_1158.jpg

DSC_1159.jpg

DSC_1160.jpg

DSC_1161.jpg

From Megabee:
ukbourne1.jpg

ukbourne2.jpg

ukbourne3.jpg

ukbourne4.jpg

ukbourne5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this today and have the same problem with the debossing :(

i don't know if you can tell from the pictures..

attachment.php

SAM_2191.jpg

Does this mean all the copies are like this??

I don't think I'm going to send mine back, it doesn't bother me that much and its going to be too much of a hassle + i've already opened it.

Attachments

• SAM_2188.jpg
    SAM_2188.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 76
  • SAM_2189.jpg
    SAM_2189.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 72
  • SAM_2192.jpg
    SAM_2192.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 67
  • SAM_2193.jpg
    SAM_2193.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
The quality of these horizontal Universal steels is really poor. We knew that the paint quality was poor as they seemed to chip quite easily, but this issue is ridiculous. Looks like they've really taken their eye off the ball with regard to finish qualty, probably because they are producing so many.

To me it looks like a batch has went through with incorrect alignment settings and then it's been discovered and alignment corrected, but surely letting these pass quality inspection and go out to customers is a bit worrying?

In the flesh the incorrect alignment spoils the steel for me.

Mine is a little off, not as bad as those pictured here. As staed, I think it's a run that was a little off, who knows how many though.

I don't think it has anything to do with quality or orientation. I've have the same issue with my German Public Enemies, it's miles off.

I actually quite like this steel. Opened mine up last night. The back & inside are very nice, the front is ok. For the price I'm happy.

Thankfully mine looks to be ok. And for the record, I personally really liked this wave of horizontals. :)

Mine is a little off, not as bad as those pictured here. As staed, I think it's a run that was a little off, who knows how many though.

I don't think it has anything to do with quality or orientation. I've have the same issue with my German Public Enemies, it's miles off.

I actually quite like this steel. Opened mine up last night. The back & inside are very nice, the front is ok. For the price I'm happy.

Told you :D

Reactions: RomanCH
^^^ nice pics I cant wait to get this steelbook. Probably looking forward the most to this steel from Dave's Paramount and Universal combined GB.

I really can't understand how this hasn't sold out. Guess it will eventually. I bought this straight away as soon as I saw it available.

£16.99 for 3 brilliant films in a lovely SB is a complete bargain.

I'm pretty surprised too. It seems to have been near the top of the search results when searching for 'best selling'. It can't be long until it sells out I imagine. Same goes for Prometheus.