The Wailing (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: January 16, 2020
Purchase links: Kimchi Type A - Type B - Lenti - 1/4 Slip - Nova Type A - Type B - Lenti - 1/4 Slip (Pre-order January 7, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $41.99 (Type A - Type B) - $42.99 (Lenti) - $36.99 (1/4 Slip Nova) - $37.99 (1/4 Slip Kimchi)
Notes: Type A 1400 copies - Type B 900 copies - Lenti 1400 copies - 1/4 Slip 300 copies

Type A - Type B - Lenti - 1/4 Slip

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wondered how you can even have an 'upaid Order'?

Whenever I order you have to pay upfront or you can't complete the transaction. So how can there be unpaid orders?

I'd love the option to be able to secure some items and pay later......

BluSteel: probably an "unpaid order" is when you place an order and actually pay for it right away, but then -- after sometime that can be 1 hour, 1 day or 1 week -- you change your mind and send an email to kimchi asking to cancel it and refund you. They give you your money back but your copy won't immediately get available again. usually after a couple weeks since preorder start, they gather all these "unpaid copies" and put them back on sale altogether.

Ok thank you, Captain Obvious flies away!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
BluSteel: probably an "unpaid order" is when you place an order and actually pay for it right away, but then -- after sometime that can be 1 hour, 1 day or 1 week -- you change your mind and send an email to kimchi asking to cancel it and refund you. They give you your money back but your copy won't immediately get available again. usually after a couple weeks since preorder start, they gather all these "unpaid copies" and put them back on sale altogether.

Ok thank you, Captain Obvious flies away!
So what's the difference between what you suggest and cancelled orders????

@StifflersDad

Another guess for what an unpaid order is, may be payment via credit card, that didn't get through, because of issues with the card? I don't know, haha. :rofl:

@hatredhorror

Thank you for letting me know about the stock on ebay from wdpung! :) Luckily I could secure a Fullslip A.

--

I have to say, these sold out pretty quickly considering the Print Run. The movie definitely seems to have a huge fanbase. :) I know, that I enjoyed it and definitely had the feeling that I want to watch it again someday.

Mmmh maybe you’re right.

I really don’t know at this point. Maybe Koreans, differently from overseas customers, have some kind of purchase method where they can book their copy and delay payment? Just guessing

@StifflersDad @famagosta

was my first order on kimchi yesterday, visa payment failed, had to do paypal, put on a phone number... so little things that made my checkout a bit longer than expected.
when my order was completed at 6:06am the lenti was OOS
Maybe you order is kept "reserved" when it is in your cart, and got dropped 24h after if you don't check out ? Just a guess...

Reactions: StifflersDad
some website doesn't do a 1 dollar charge to test your credit card ala Amazon hence certain members may key in wrong info such as card number, billing address etc which caused failed charing hence unpaid orders

just my thinking

I always wondered how you can even have an 'upaid Order'?

Whenever I order you have to pay upfront or you can't complete the transaction. So how can there be unpaid orders?

I'd love the option to be able to secure some items and pay later......

@Noodles The movie worked the same for me, first time i watched it kept thinking about it for a few days, and my interest in the movie has grown. You will soon find out, that watching this movies 1 time is really not enough, because too many things happens. Now that you watched it once, i think you are equipped to to watch it again, i am SURE that you will notice a LOT of new things the 2nd time, it will sometimes help you to understand things better, and it might also make some other things more complicated... Now i must say that my take on this movie (if the alternate ending is left aside) is that there is no REAL/RIGHT interpretation of the movie nor his ending. It is YOU and what kind of person YOU are that will make you understand it one or another way. and as i stated before on this thread, if i have to summarize the general idea behind this movies it would be that : evil can be found in anywhere and is mostly matter of circumstances.
Yep, 100%. Like I said before... that's something that happens to me quite regularly and I therefore always give films a second chance (plenty of classics I originally hated but ended up falling in love with on rewatch - Taxi Driver and A Space Odyssey for example). Funny how you can think of a film as being fairly average the moment you're done watching it, and yet it still manages to stick with you days after and grows on you over time, prompting a rewatch ASAP! They're the best kind of films IMO... ones that leave you thinking and debating what it all meant. Think I'll most likely give this another watch as soon as my package arrives from Kimchi. :D