The Wailing (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: January 16, 2020
Purchase links: Kimchi Type A - Type B - Lenti - 1/4 Slip - Nova Type A - Type B - Lenti - 1/4 Slip (Pre-order January 7, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $41.99 (Type A - Type B) - $42.99 (Lenti) - $36.99 (1/4 Slip Nova) - $37.99 (1/4 Slip Kimchi)
Notes: Type A 1400 copies - Type B 900 copies - Lenti 1400 copies - 1/4 Slip 300 copies

Type A - Type B - Lenti - 1/4 Slip

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice package the lenti :cigar:, looks like Im going to switch it with my fullslip A coz it seems like it got no special finish :dunno: but will see how it feels in hand.....Steelbook looks better than expected....and lenticular cards are also nice surprise....overall it seems like really great release, can´t wait for mine to show up

the lenti card effect was shared previously and appeared as part of the Beauty Shot

such a beautiful package. would have gone for FS A if not for the lenti. the steelbook debossing is so good. love the continuous artwork and the brushed finish.

Eagerly waiting for my lenti to arrive. Fortunately it's the only version non affected by the "DITRECTOR" misspelling
Ditrector, lol. I may see if I can scrape it off mine when it arrives, then again I'd have to scrape the whole sentence and just leave the name

@Jocelin @Real Steel I thought similar actually. The lenti isn't full size against the slipcover so there's a clear gap and the paper of the slip is folded weirdly so it risks getting torn (hard to explain). Also, I hadn't realised the steel was matte!

Seems crazy given the price of this but this one I'll be keeping in a protector and not taking out again.

@Jocelin @Real Steel I thought similar actually. The lenti isn't full size against the slipcover so there's a clear gap and the paper of the slip is folded weirdly so it risks getting torn (hard to explain). Also, I hadn't realised the steel was matte!

Seems crazy given the price of this but this one I'll be keeping in a protector and not taking out again.

Will get my full slip a and lenti tommorow
Ivwqs very excited with this release. Big disapointmentvif the quality is lacking.

Reactions: hatredhorror
@Real Steel
Can you please mention the flaws ? Not easy based on the pictures only.
1st is sticker misaligned ?
What about the others ?
@Jocelin, they are not exactly flaws but just minor imperfections that could have been avoided. Firstly, yes, the sticker is badly misaligned. Secondly, the shrink wrap ends in lumpy folds in places. I know it's just the shrink wrap but this being a pricey premium release, it could have been better done. (Even some cheap amaray have neat shrink wrap.)

And, also, as @Headhunter mentioned, the lenti leaves a big gap on the right edge. Plus my steelbook unfortunately has a little ding on the front cover.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Jocelin
@Headhunter I knew the steelbook was going to be matte brushed steel. I like brushed steel because of its reflective shine of the colours under the light, and also you can feel the cool smoothness of the steel, but I find the colour print a little too faint.

Reactions: Jocelin
It always baffles me thinking how much money these companies spend on production, rights, shipments... then they can't hire someone who spell-checks those 2-3 English words (or quotes) they put over their slips.

First picture is from a website and probably another pressing.
Second picture is my copy :LOL:

Attachments

• 20200125_111722.jpg
    20200125_111722.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_20200125-111954_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200125-111954_Gallery.jpg
    951.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Haha
Reactions: Ranavalone