The Walk (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Collection #6) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: February 19, 2016
Purchase link: Kimchi - Pre-order is on February 15 - 2016 at 8 PM (Korea time)
Price: $40.99
Note: 500 copies - Limited to 2 per order.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully there's another retailer to jump on this.One of the most effective 3D releases out there..Whether this or another retailer,swapping out the actual steel from Germany.It's a dandy.

WOW! This is getting out of hand! First they do "exclusives" with just post cards and numbering card. Now they just have post cards only?
And limited to 500 but 2 per order limit? :LOL: It's like they are expecting people not to buy.

I think that artwork suits a lenticular much more than a fullslip imo
Absolutely. NA amaray lenticular had the same artwork, and I gotta say it was a pretty good lenti...for a regular Amaray release.

Reactions: AnubisNefer
WOW! This is getting out of hand! First they do "exclusives" with just post cards and numbering card. Now they just have post cards only?
And limited to 500 but 2 per order limit? :LOL: It's like they are expecting people not to buy.

Absolutely. NA amaray lenticular had the same artwork, and I gotta say it was a pretty good lenti...for a regular Amaray release.

Funny they should have done a lenti with ''The Walk'' and a FULLSLIP for ''Scorch Trials'', but they did the opposite of what should have been :rolleyes:

Reactions: AlienKing and harry
If you don't like it don't buy it. That simple. Cracks me up seeing people bash Kimchi for releasing a steelbook with a slipcover. $40 for a 3D film Day and Date is in line with all other 3D day and date Asian releases.

This is still a Kimchi numbered release so it is worth more collector wise than a non numbered barebones release from zavvi.

If you don't like it don't buy it. That simple. Cracks me up seeing people bash Kimchi for releasing a steelbook with a slipcover. $40 for a 3D film Day and Date is in line with all other 3D day and date Asian releases.
This is still a Kimchi numbered release so it is worth more collector wise than a non numbered barebones release from zavvi.

If you're happy to pay that price for so little, that's your right. Personally, I have decided to be more selective with Asian editions since The Incredible Hulk Lenticular (Novamedia) cost me about 70 € via GB for just an honorable result (which is not worth the price) and since I bought Dredd (Novamedia) with its plastic Pet Slipcover. And content of these editions is more generous than that KimchiDVD proposed with its Full Slipcover and 5 cards.
I feel that for some time, Asian editions play on their reputation to offer less, keeping the usual price or more expensive. I agree with you, nobody is forced to buy, but as you all, I am a collector and these ridiculous editions starting to piss me off.
But it's just my observation and opinion.

Reactions: AlienKing