Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like this season could go a number of different ways, I like it. I hope to see something different this season.

Also, In memory of...

Scott Wilson ... as Hershel Greene
View attachment 396433
1942 - 2018/10/06

Gregory had it coming for a long time, that sniveling little weasel!

Just watched the 2nd episode of the new season. I was a HUGE fan of the show but after this episode, I just can’t take no more.

The show has seriously nosedived from season 5 onwards but I stuck with it as the quality can’t always be top notch, but it’s gone completely for me now.

R.I.P The Walking Dead :(

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Yeah, I'm really enjoying this season so far.
Although....
Not really impressed with how the episode ends.....that's how Rick is going to go out?...ugh. Seems like lazy writing. I think Rick deserves much better.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Yeah, I'm really enjoying this season so far.
Although....
Not really impressed with how the episode ends.....that's how Rick is going to go out?...ugh. Seems like lazy writing. I think Rick deserves much better.
I seriously doubt it'll be that easy, besides in the Talking Dead they showed a clip of him riding the same horse wounded and leading the horde away. Tbph I think it might have something to do with Negan. If Maggie succeeds in killing Negan, then Rick either may be too upset with the whole group and go his own way or somehow Negan escapes and in his escape might kill Rick in the process. There's one thing I know for sure is things don't always go as planned and with everything heading to this Negan assassination it may very well backfire. Isn't it Lauren Cohan's final season too, what if in an attempt to kill Negan he gains the upper hand and kills her instead. That's all just speculation though so we'll just have to wait until next episode to know for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: spawnshop
It would render that ended pointless if it's not due succumbing to those injuries as to how Lincoln bails out. He'll succeed in drawing the herd away as his last heroic act. One would imagine he'll make it back to Alexandria to say his goodbyes as well

Still a crappy ending to his time on the show though and one they blatantly haven't done any long term planning for

It would render that ended pointless if it's not due succumbing to those injuries as to how Lincoln bails out. He'll succeed in drawing the herd away as his last heroic act. One would imagine he'll make it back to Alexandria to say his goodbyes as well

Still a crappy ending to his time on the show though and one they blatantly haven't done any long term planning for
Why do you say that? It was announced right after mid season break last season so they've had almost a whole year to prepare for his departure. You don't seem to have very much faith in the show, I mean do you not like it or something?

Well, maybe not quite a year but quite a bit of time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tommyh84
Why do you say that? It was announced right after mid season break last season so they've had almost a whole year to prepare for his departure. You don't seem to have very much faith in the show, I mean do you not like it or something?

firstly calm down :p

Secondly the rumours about him leaving certainly didn't start when you suggest they did, it wasn't until a few months before the start of the current season. Who knows how long they actually knew but if it does go back as far as you think it does it raises a lot of questions about why Chandler Riggs left the way he did as well

firstly calm down :p

Secondly the rumours about him leaving certainly didn't start when you suggest they did, it wasn't until a few months before the start of the current season. Who knows how long they actually knew but if it does go back as far as you think it does it raises a lot of questions about why Chandler Riggs left the way he did as well
Oh no, they announced it last season during The Talking Dead. Also I think Angela Kang has done a fantastic job at making this series what it is today which is pretty much the best TV show airing right now. Of course without Andrew Lincoln I don't know how much further they can go with it as most of the fans want to see him. I myself may turn away from it after this season.

@bloodsnake007 was coming here to post that

honestly i'm concerned now. they kill Jesus an immensely popular comic character right after Lincon and Cohen leave

you can tell they are worried about ratings based on reading between the lines from some of the things Chris Hardwick is saying in the talking dead; like maybe just let things sit

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Massively enjoyed that mid season finale and in typical TWD fashion they've done just enough again to get me back in Feb

• Thanks
Reactions: harry