The Walking Dead Season 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
HDN is pleased to bring you this news first-info about all 3 seasons is below.

The Walking Dead Season 2 Steelbook-live!

Release date is December 9,2013
Price £27.99
Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

Play.com store: Click to buy - Free Delivery in the UK when buying from play.com
Ebay store: Click to buy - Delivery to most locations
Group Buy: Click HERE (Safest delivery option, handled by top notch member)

View attachment 52765

We***8217;re certainly planning to continue doing all future seasons of The Walking Dead in steelbook with matching artwork ***8211; it looks likely season 4 will be out in September 2014 as it follows the same pattern as Game of Thrones (i.e. the new season hits DVD and Blu-Ray just before the new season starts).

We***8217;ve been told that the steelbooks will feature in the US Walking Dead magazine, so likely to be quite a bit of international interest for these.

The Entertainment Store is pleased to announce our latest exclusive steelbook releases: Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of The Walking Dead, AMC***8217;s Emmy Award winning TV series.

Each season features world exclusive artwork by Mark Simpson AKA Jock, who is responsible for some of best regarded comics and art of this generation, having worked on 2000AD, The Losers and Hellblazer amongst others as well as producing artwork for many major film studios, including the artwork for HDN Steelbook of the Year 2012 winner The Raid.

The Walking Dead: Season 1 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 2 Blu-Rays discs
- Debossed Title Treatment
- G2 Standard Steelbook case
- Limited to 4,000 copies worldwide
- Finish TBC

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 3 Blu-Rays discs
- G2 Standard Steelbook case
- Finish TBC

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 5 Blu-Rays discs
- G2 Jumbo Steelbook case
- Finish TBC

NB: Due to the number of discs needed for all episodes and extras, Season 3 has to be in a Jumbo format case.

All 3 Seasons are sold individually, and will be on sale exclusively through The Entertainment Store on Rakuten Play.com at midday BST on Friday 11th October 2013 when the release date and pricing will be revealed.

In the meantime, our full range of steelbooks is available here: http://www.play.com/stores/EntertainmentStore/Steelbooks

The Entertainment Store has been trading on Marketplaces since 2013 and is proud to retail only authentic and high quality Entertainment goods, delivered to customers direct from the Studio and Publishers.

Attachments

• twdfinal2.jpg
    twdfinal2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 701
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:
Was excited... then I read Jumbo :(

But the artwork looks awesome so no now I just have to keep my eyes open for a GB-thread from David hopefully :scat:

Was excited... then I read Jumbo :(

But the artwork looks awesome so no now I just have to keep my eyes open for a GB-thread from David hopefully :scat:

Season 3 is Jumbo, 1 and 2 are G2 standard.

I already have the Target Season 3 Jumbo, and it's got autographs, so I might have to pass on that, but I'll definitely get Seasons 1 and 2 with this art

Definitely will buy 1 and 2 (unless they charge £39.99 each), but don't like jumbo steelbooks. Come on scanavo find a way to fit a 5thdisc in please.

Will be picking this and the first one up. I don't think i will get the 3rd as it's a jumbo and I already have the special edition.

I only watched the first season but lost interest by the second one.
So I won't be interested in getting any of these, but kudos to ES for pulling this off, the art looks great and is a nice nod to the comics.

SO, so, so want......so, so, so can't afford right now!! :( :( :(

Anyone speculating on prices???...

I'm guessing £24.99; £29.99 and £39.99, so c£95 all in :(

Last edited:
Awesome news! :oohyeah:

Jock is a brilliant artist-his work in 2000AD on Judge Dredd is simply stunning and his Mondo poster for the Dredd movie was equally awesome!

Maybe we'll get that art for ES' rumoured future Dredd steelbook release! :scat:

If they can do the complete breaking bad in a barrel with aprons, challenge coins and extras for 110 quid then this should really not come in at more than 20 quid for the first 2 seasons and possibly 30 for the 3rd.

I do want this but it depends on price and finish. Debossed title sounds great.

Edit :

Just realised season 2 seems to be rated 15 yet our normal blu ray version is rated 18, is this a mistake or will it be rated 15 thus have some bits cut out?

Last edited:
I'd normally wait for the complete series to come out...but considering I'm an avid steelbook fan and these are all together with similar type artworks...definite purchase...just hope they do this with the following seasons! EEK!