The Walking Dead: Season 5 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 3, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi - (Pre-order on Sunday 28 at 18:00 BST)
Price: £19.99

5.jpg

0.jpg

Last edited:
Damn it.. another one, all on the same date too, reminds me of when seasons 1-3 were all released on the same day, I had to wait then so hopefully these will remain in stock for a while:)

Just seen the price is much cheaper for this one, why are season 4 and 5 such different prices?

I'll probably get this one and wait for a price drop on the forth season:)

Edit.. just realised I was looking at the more expensive season 6 and not 4, I'm willing to pay £35 for season 6.. :):):)

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Just seen the price is much cheaper for this one, why are season 4 and 5 such different prices?

I'll probably get this one and wait for a price drop on the forth season:)

Season 4 and 5 seem to be £19.99 each to me, while season 6 is £34.99. Only season not tempting to buy is Season 6 because I just spent $40 on that at Target for their steelbook version.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
Season 4 and 5 seem to be £19.99 each to me, while season 6 is £34.99. Only season not tempting to buy is Season 6 because I just spent $40 on that at Target for their steelbook version.

You're right, I was in the season 6 thread and thought I was in the season 4 thread:thumbs::emb::emb::emb: I'll learn to read properly one of these days:bag:, I'm happy with £35 for the sixth season as I haven't made any pre orders for that yet, if I had done though, like you I would be thinking about my options too, possibly skipping it. Do you have seasons 1-3 with this art? If you get 4 and 5 you may want S6 to go with them. Could you sell your target copy, maybe?
Having said that is S6 going to be uncut in the uk? Is the target one uncut?

Now I know the price for 4&5 I'm definitely gonna pre order:cigar: they're gonna look great all together:oohyeah:

Damn it.. another one, all on the same date too, reminds me of when seasons 1-3 were all released on the same day, I had to wait then so hopefully these will remain in stock for a while:)

4-6 will be release in the same day, so lets start saving money.

I will order all 3. We have being waiting for a long time

You're right, I was in the season 6 thread and thought I was in the season 4 thread:thumbs::emb::emb::emb: I'll learn to read properly one of these days:bag:, I'm happy with £35 for the sixth season as I haven't made any pre orders for that yet, if I had done though, like you I would be thinking about my options too, possibly skipping it. Do you have seasons 1-3 with this art? If you get 4 and 5 you may want S6 to go with them. Could you sell your target copy, maybe?
Having said that is S6 going to be uncut in the uk? Is the target one uncut?

Now I know the price for 4&5 I'm definitely gonna pre order:cigar: they're gonna look great all together:oohyeah:

Haha it definitely gets confusing trying to rotate between all 3 of them. I only just recently started getting into Steelbooks so the S6 one of TWD from Target is the only one I have.

Since Target didn't do a SB for Season 1 and 2 if I want the entire collection, Zavvi has all of them and the completionist side of me is telling me to get them all so I may do that and then sell my Target version later on down the road.
I am not sure if the Target version is the "uncut" one, I do know it has an alternate ending, bonus features, and deleted scenes.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
4-6 will be release in the same day, so lets start saving money.

I will order all 3. We have being waiting for a long time

Definitely :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

It's my birthday in October, my friends keep asking me what I want.. I kept saying 'nothing' ...that's now changed to seasons 4-6 of TWD please:cigar: and then for Christmas the new mcfarlane deluxe glenn figure is released (end of December)... I'll be TWD sorted:oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

I hope zavvi doesn't deactivate the code before this goes live, 10% off all 3 will be helpful

Haha it definitely gets confusing trying to rotate between all 3 of them. I only just recently started getting into Steelbooks so the S6 one of TWD from Target is the only one I have.

Since Target didn't do a SB for Season 1 and 2 if I want the entire collection, Zavvi has all of them and the completionist side of me is telling me to get them all so I may do that and then sell my Target version later on down the road.
I am not sure if the Target version is the "uncut" one, I do know it has an alternate ending, bonus features, and deleted scenes.

Is zavvi stocking the ES (entertainment store) 1-3? I think the whole collection is definitely worth picking up, season 3 is a jumbo, I'm hoping that 4-6 will not be jumbo's, but I'll get them regardless. I'm not sure if these new uk releases will be uncut? Maybe @luke98 knows.
I recently bought seasons 1-5 of the german uncut releases cos my uk BD's are cut (as far as I know). I didn't get rid of my uk steels though as I love them too much to part with.

You're on a slippery slope now, it's like pringles, once you pop you can't stop, once you get more steelbooks in your hands you'll have to say bye bye to your bank account:greedy::greedy::greedy: they're worth it though, some beautiful steels out there:D

Ps.. I'll be interested in seeing that alternative ending, hope we get it on the uk release

would of been nice if es store had pulled there finger out and done this as there own exclusive to go with the other steelbooks they brought out imo :thumbs: