The Walking Dead: Season 9 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: November 4, 2019
Purchase links: Zavvi - Zoom UK - Amazon UK
Price: £34.99 (Zavvi - Zoom) - £35.00 (Amazon UK)

12299008-2684706457993645.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly this has got to be the longest running artwork for a series. Every year it’s like... well are they gonna do it? And by god, they keep them coming. Definitely gonna pick this up

Still haven’t picked up season 8, can’t justify paying full price when all previous seasons have plummeted in price.

Still haven’t picked up season 8, can’t justify paying full price when all previous seasons have plummeted in price.

Yes, probably best to wait. Maybe even a full set will come later down the road when the show eventually does end?

I always wanted these myself as I love the matching art, and was happy to see the French slim release come along to replace the jumbo, but I was always wondering whether or not the style will continue throughout.
Not a fan of buying TV shows on steelbook anyway but I really loved this show and as time has gone on my interest in it has dwindled. I will still watch it when the new season rolls around but it's just not quite the same anymore as it once was.
I think for a start it's now flooded with characters we just cannot invest in. There are so many. When it was a smaller group it was much more focused, and there seems to be no real progression in plot in terms of humanity and finding out more about
what went wrong when it all began. I don't know if FEAR TWD has explained that yet as I'm behind with those seasons but i'll catch up eventually. It's just no longer a priority show anymore.

Yes, probably best to wait. Maybe even a full set will come later down the road when the show eventually does end?

I always wanted these myself as I love the matching art, and was happy to see the French slim release come along to replace the jumbo, but I was always wondering whether or not the style will continue throughout.
Not a fan of buying TV shows on steelbook anyway but I really loved this show and as time has gone on my interest in it has dwindled. I will still watch it when the new season rolls around but it's just not quite the same anymore as it once was.
I think for a start it's now flooded with characters we just cannot invest in. There are so many. When it was a smaller group it was much more focused, and there seems to be no real progression in plot in terms of humanity and finding out more about
what went wrong when it all began. I don't know if FEAR TWD has explained that yet as I'm behind with those seasons but i'll catch up eventually. It's just no longer a priority show anymore.

Couldn’t agree more.

- I just started watching season 9 and after a few episodes, I'm trying really hard to find a reason to keep watching. 9 seasons in and they are nowhere telling us the origins or at least hinting at it.

- I tried to watch FEAR but it was too boring. couldn't invest into the characters. There are no reasons why a spinoff series should even explain the origins of the main series. that's just bs.

- and apparently theres another spinoff series in development? *facepalm*

Reactions: St4rlord
- I just started watching season 9 and after a few episodes, I'm trying really hard to find a reason to keep watching. 9 seasons in and they are nowhere telling us the origins or at least hinting at it.

- I tried to watch FEAR but it was too boring. couldn't invest into the characters. There are no reasons why a spinoff series should even explain the origins of the main series. that's just bs.

- and apparently theres another spinoff series in development? *facepalm*

I think Robert Kirkman did say that they're never going to say why the apocalypse started, it isn't about that. I'm fine with never knowing, but if they did decide to show why then that's cool too. But I do recommend giving S9 a full watch as it's definitely an improvement over S7 and 8.

Likewise I'm very excited to see a continuation of these steelbooks, having just ordered the slim S3 case myself.

It still bugs me how Shane was never on S2 cover. Fun uestion, if you could switch around who went on each cover, who would you have?

(Possible spoilers below)

I'd have S1 - Rick
S2 - Shane (Bald)
S3 - The Governor
S4 - Hershel
S5 - Carol
S6 - Glenn
S7 - Negan
S8 - Maggie
S9 - Daryl
S10 - Michonne (Because it's her last season and she looks to be having a big concentration.)
[SPOILER/]

Likewise I'm very excited to see a continuation of these steelbooks, having just ordered the slim S3 case myself.

It still bugs me how Shane was never on S2 cover. Fun uestion, if you could switch around who went on each cover, who would you have?

(Possible spoilers below)

I'd have S1 - Rick
S2 - Shane (Bald)
S3 - The Governor
S4 - Hershel
S5 - Carol
S6 - Glenn
S7 - Negan
S8 - Maggie
S9 - Daryl
S10 - Michonne (Because it's her last season and she looks to be having a big concentration.)
[SPOILER/]

I definitely think Carl should have been on Season 8? I loose track, whichever one were he was killed off. I'd of actually done Rick again for Season 9 given it was his last season. Season 10 should they do it has to be Alpha

It's a real shame the collector's editions dried up as I loved getting those (despite the ever increasing cost), I should really look at getting the rest of these instead as I only have the first 3 steelbooks and I still don't have season 8 at all

I think Robert Kirkman did say that they're never going to say why the apocalypse started, it isn't about that. I'm fine with never knowing, but if they did decide to show why then that's cool too. But I do recommend giving S9 a full watch as it's definitely an improvement over S7 and 8.
I probably will get to the end of S9 but it's not a priority anymore.
Sure, they dont have to say or show how it all started but fans have some questions that need to be answered. And sure, they can say this show isnt about that, but to me, that's just a way for them to avoid backlash from fans. Because, no matter what kind of story/ending they choose to go with, someone will be disappointed. That and the way the show is going, it feels like they will end it on a cliffhanger (or the ratings gets so low that it gets cancelled)

Reactions: St4rlord
As the comics was all about Rick's story and they just ended last month - as with what Kirkman always said would happen. Perhaps the promised movies will dovetail into these storylines for closure. No idea how they're going to complete the TV show though...

Even if the show "isn't about knowing how the apocalypse started", they can at least develop the story in some way so it becomes interesting again.
This whole thing about settlements and one fighting the other over supplies/food/status - whatever it may be, has become really boring.

Looking back over the seasons, even going right back to a 6 episode season (that could have failed to gain viewers) where the group visit the CDC, that to me was for more interesting than anything happening now,
and that's not because it was brand new, it's because it was much more focused. A small group we could invest in and get to know, a clear direction of where they wanted to go themselves and find out things,
trying to get 'somewhere' and meeting the horrors along the way.

At least give us something. Some information about how much of the world has been taken. Something about why everybody already has this virus inside them or if somebody somewhere is trying to work on finding answers.
There's a bloody helicopter in the last season so there's definitely more beyond, but they just drag it out. The only reason that was introduced (at that point) was for Rick's departure.

Reactions: Punker76
I personally only give the show 2 more seasons tops, with Danai Gurira bowing out in season 10 leaving very few original characters left, the ever falling ratings and the fact that the source material has now finished I just don't see it surviving much longer

Reactions: Punker76