The Wicker Man (1973) (Blu-ray SteelBook) HDN CHOSEN ART (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART ON STEELBOOK - WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

• Choice 1

Votes: 92 27.9%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 204 61.8%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 34 10.3%
  • Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Choice 1

• Choice 2

• Choice 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 14, 2013
Purchase link: The Wicker Man
Price: £14.99
Notes: 4k print run, inside art chosen by HDN community!

image.jpg
wicker pback.jpg

From Zavvi:
To all The Wicker Man fans, you’ll be very pleased to know the Blu-ray will include the UK theatrical cut, The Directors Cut (with seamless branching into extra scenes) and of course The Final Cut, plus lots more - now there's a reason to celebrate! Keep following The Wicker Man for more details

Official specs as per Studio Canal -

Blu-ray

The Final Cut

Burnt Offering: The Cult of The Wicker Man documentary written by Mark Kermode

Worshiping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The Music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

Interview with Christopher Lee & Robin Hardy (1979)

Restoration comparison

Trailers

DVD

The Final Cut

Worshipping The Wicker Man - Famous fans featurette

The music of The Wicker Man featurette

Interview with Robin Hardy

HDN CHOOSES INSIDE ART!!! MAKE YOUR CHOICE AND LET'S DESIGN A STEELBOOK! :thumbs:

CHOICE 1
View attachment 31064

CHOICE 2 - FINAL PICK!
View attachment 31065

CHOICE 3
View attachment 31066

Last edited by a moderator:
It's listed as not in stock
Availability: Stock will be despatched to you as soon as we receive it from our supplier.

It can take days for this to change to be listed as in stock

You should know by next week if they can get this
I would wait and see some customers might get some might not

Sounds like the same as The Prestige story and other back in stock titles which were Awaiting stock pick for a long time that ended up in cancellation followed by a 10% off discount code.

Same thing happened with me regards The Presige, but no 10% code for me!
I think they are doing this to hopefully make sure that when you order one of these titles you order other ones they will have, then as I said earlier they will cancel.

Tempted to get some advise regards this type of thing as it should not be allowed. Stock sold out months ago on a limited print run so where exactly are they getting them from now.

its really curious too how it came back in stock at £10.99, they havent even sent out those orders and yet they have dropped the price to £9.99. what exactly are they selling? dreams?

and zavvi are so backwards, you know they wont give customers who ordered at 10.99 the discounted price of 9.99 even though their orders still havent been dispatched. instead you have to cancel and re-order.

funny how we all know zavvi's site is a mess, so familiar to that mess that we simply work around all the well known problems. its about time zavvi sorted it all out.

Last edited:
Yeah, not holding out too much hope on this.. Have sent them an email asking whether they can confirm these are actually in stock; I'm not expecting a very helpful reply though :rolleyes:

The shining was on the same thing for about a week when it dropped to 9.99. So i doubt they would put it up if they didnt. Same with the MIB trilogy they got it in the end

Ok, so I got a reply from Zavvi:

Hello Joe,

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated stock date of The Wicker Man - The Final Cut - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

The Wicker Man - The Final Cut - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook is on special order with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this from other suppliers.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Lyndsey

Zavvi Customer Service Team

So that means we could receive a copy anywhere from now until the end of time! EEK!

Also it seems that print runs mean nothing if they are able to receive more from the "suppliers"?

I've never had the problem when I've had emails off them saying this but I have seen when people have and got refunded just got to hope.. I've seen a few ebay listings where they have an extra disc just like in a cd sleeve thing along with the steelbook anyone know what that's about?

They dont always take the full print run in one go

Well hopefully that's what has happened here then!

I've never had the problem when I've had emails off them saying this but I have seen when people have and got refunded just got to hope.. I've seen a few ebay listings where they have an extra disc just like in a cd sleeve thing along with the steelbook anyone know what that's about?

The disc problem was explained by Hayemaker a few posts back, here :

Zavvi ballsed up the original listing on their site and said that this would include all 3 cuts of the film, when it doesn't, it only contains the Final Cut. Which is arguably the worst one.

They had to send out the disc containing the 3 cuts to anyone who pre-ordered. If you order now, you won't get the extra disk.

:)

Reactions: Narg
Thanks as well I only went on the last page so didn't see his post. Well seeing as it don't come with all the versions I sort of want to cancel as I would want the extra cuts of the films.

Last edited: