91VBicO0QRL._SL1500_.png

91YDUvfPi-L._SL1500_.jpg

91dq3LBMp-L._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 91zFUDJ2ZkL._SL1500_.jpg
    91zFUDJ2ZkL._SL1500_.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,129
Last edited:
Exactly. Maybe it is aplenty to project Greed is not Good or to save cost by doing repetitive design. :dunno:

Am I the only one thinking those could be gloss-spot or even better, zero finish?

No complaints from me - EXACTLY what I wanted. I even mentioned this design on the BR.com forums the other week, saying it would be perfect for a blu-ray cover (more specifically a steelbook).

BTW I'm gonna guess a few things - seeing as it's Universal, I reckon it will be between £17.99-£19.99, matte finish with embossed title (I assume...also the back looks like spot-gloss/zero finish potentially but that could just be rendered into the artwork), and come with a UV copy. Not being Double Play like StudioCanal releases means it's likely it will drop nearer to £18 at some point so I for one will pre-order from Amazon because of their Pre-Order Price Guarantee.

My only complain is that Leo's and Martin's names are almost as big as the title:hilarious:
Still looks great though:D

The artwork looks great! That yellow is sure to stand out on a line of steelbooks, whether it's the front or just the spine facing forward :D

Very disappointed with this choice of artwork :/. So many cool scenes which would've made a perfect cover. *Shrugs*

BTW I'm gonna guess a few things - seeing as it's Universal, I reckon it will be between £17.99-£19.99, matte finish with embossed title (I assume...also the back looks like spot-gloss/zero finish potentially but that could just be rendered into the artwork), and come with a UV copy. Not being Double Play like StudioCanal releases means it's likely it will drop nearer to £18 at some point so I for one will pre-order from Amazon because of their Pre-Order Price Guarantee.

I don't know if I agree with that. Kick Ass 2 and Worlds End (both Universal) were only a couple of Steelbooks that were glossy last year in the UK. Both had a high quality finish and both sold out very quickly.

Artwork isnt bad, the back is a little average but Universal sure have hit the ground running since the poor Oblivion steel :thumbs:
I reckon a gloss finish and i guess all of the black text/image in the front will be embossed as the image shows them raised ;)

Reactions: lolwut
VERY unique art for a GREAT film! The final product however can either be really really good, or really really bad! Here's hoping it's high gloss and embossed all over the place! :scat:

Reactions: harry
I'm in two minds about this one. Whilst I enjoyed the film, I felt it went on a far too long.
I had pretty much decided I wouldn't own any version if it, as I'm not likely to watch it again.

but wow that looks awesome! :drool: so I may have to get this after all!
I know the art shown is a mock up, but I think this may be like the Rush steelbook and be all the better for keeping it simple with two colours.