91VBicO0QRL._SL1500_.png

91YDUvfPi-L._SL1500_.jpg

91dq3LBMp-L._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 91zFUDJ2ZkL._SL1500_.jpg
    91zFUDJ2ZkL._SL1500_.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,126
Last edited:
I ordered another copy, it arrived with some weird small indents or something, not fully developed dents but on the top and bottom corners of the inner border. I really liked the film so I'm a bit OCD with this one.

I ordered another copy, it arrived with some weird small indents or something, not fully developed dents but on the top and bottom corners of the inner border. I really liked the film so I'm a bit OCD with this one.
I think I have that too, and it's a quality control issue across a lot of releases.

these indent things seem to be on a lot of the steel pics Iv'e seen on here of this movie, not sure if its on every steel but it appears to be on most, I have two on mine at either side at the top of the border, looks like it might be a manufacturing defect.

I knew I wasn't crazy! I noticed it felt flimsy, and that's the exact word I used in my head when I held and opened it. I'm glad though that it arrived in perfect condition. I heard of others receiving their copy with scratches so I'm glad I didn't endure such issues. It's a great looking steel, I'm pretty excited about it. I'd be watching it now but Lebron is playing lol.

this steelbook should have been the best release so far this year, unfortunately, the quality issues people have experienced with this will surely have taken away, as opposed to adding to, the excitement of receiving it.
quality issues and steelbooks seem to go hand in hand more and more, taking the edge off the whole steelbook collecting hobby. one could be forgiven for becoming a little disillusioned just lately.....

this steelbook should have been the best release so far this year, unfortunately, the quality issues people have experienced with this will surely have taken away, as opposed to adding to, the excitement of receiving it.
quality issues and steelbooks seem to go hand in hand more and more, taking the edge off the whole steelbook collecting hobby. one could be forgiven for becoming a little disillusioned just lately.....

I disagree. The fact that only a few copies are perfect makes them that much more valuable. It's always best for a collector to hear that a highly anticipated release with a high perceived value had a botched manufacturing so a certain % of copies made it perfectly. Now those are the ones that become Holy Grails....

Reactions: jonnie123
I disagree. The fact that only a few copies are perfect makes them that much more valuable. It's always best for a collector to hear that a highly anticipated release with a high perceived value had a botched manufacturing so a certain % of copies made it perfectly. Now those are the ones that become Holy Grails....

No disrespect, but I've never heard of anybody--let alone a collector--hoping that a release would be botched. An unintended manufacturing defect I can understand. But botched (dictionary definition: lazy or careless) manufacturing...that's new to me.

Plus, I would think the fact that a release is maligned with an issue like this would only serve to dissuade those looking to pick it up, for fear that any piece they purchase would be affected by the same issue. (It would be tough to notice an issue like "flimsy" in pictures. And in an international hobby like steelbook collecting, oftentimes pictures are all you get prior to the purchase/trade.)

Reactions: leelee17
Probably the flimsiest of all the steelbooks I own and wonder how long it will keep mint (with 2 curious kids)

Believe me, some steels are much worse. Django (EU) for example. It's a nice looking steel, but the front is wobbly like hell.

Apart from that, I watched the movie last night for the first time and was kinda disappointed. Seems like Scorsese took the formula of Michael Bay, just with sex, drugs and money instead of CGI, guns and explosions. There wasn't much story and character development after all. Just one bang after another and the next one had to be more over the edge than the one before it seemed. Even the end with his wife and kid was, besides beeing ordinary and predictable, over the top (car scene). On the bright side: Have had some good laughs and the cast was very good. Imo Goodfellas or Blow are different class though.

Last edited: