Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 13, 2023
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99
Notes: This Steelbook Has A Gloss Finish To Compliment The Vibrant Artwork. This Is The Only The Woman King Steelbook In The World, Limited To 2000

The Woman King Front.jpg

The Woman King Back.jpg The Woman King Open.jpg The Woman King Inside.jpg

Last edited:
It holds my personal favorite movie of the year spot and by far the most powerful movie I saw in 2022.
I heard that the trailers painted the film as something completely different (woke, not to say historically inaccurate) than what it actually is (basically a fun action film not about these political topics), is that true? Thought the trailer looked abysmal.

Heard good things but I’m not feeling that art so it’s a pass

Is the film even any good? Not seen a single person talk about it any where.

Haven’t seen it but I do remember there being some controversy about it because it was completely historically inaccurate. So much so that Lupita Nyong’o left the project.

The film has been described as historically inaccurate by the president of the American Historical Association: "the film The Woman King seems to suggest that Dahomey’s female warriors and King Ghezo fought the European slave trade. In fact, they promoted it. Historically accurate rendering of Asante or Dahomean greed and enslavement apparently contradict modern-day political imperatives".

Hollywood has a long and beautiful history of historically inaccurate movies. Usually, only history buffs with YouTube channels care. Personally, I don't mind. I mean, Braveheart is one of my all-time favorite movies... (who knew?!)
Of course, things get ugly real quick when what is pretty much an african-american production features such inaccuracies. I was kind of shocked to realize that anything that can be used against such a production will be used in our society of institutionalized racism.
Would it have been nice if this production would have held itself to higher standards? Sure. But Hollywood is entertainment first, and I believe it's a success that this movie exists as it is in the first place.

The date and time was provided by zavvi to web forums
Zavvi staff either just forgot to activate link to be live or they changed the date and not let us know

Reactions: vinny
Zavvi blocked the sell for non UK Customer ... I changed the delivery country on the first page from Zavvi ... the steelbook does not appear when I choose France.

UK seems to want to lock shipment towards some european countries ... so pissed off :mad:

Second Sight do it, now Zavvi .... now way to pay an item double price on ebay for a steelbook.

Zavvi blocked the sell for non UK Customer ... I changed the delivery country on the first page from Zavvi ... the steelbook does not appear when I choose France.

UK seems to want to lock shipment towards some european countries ... so pissed off :mad:

Second Sight do it, now Zavvi .... now way to pay an item double price on ebay for a steelbook.
It's only available to rc customers... if you're not in the uk you can't be an rc customer. General sale should be in about 15mins. Try again then.

• Thanks
Reactions: vinny
Not surprising... movie wasn't anything amazing and kinda forgettable IMHO. Barely worth £20, let alone £30!