The Yellow Sea (a.k.a. Hwanghae) (Blu-ray Slipcover) (KD Media Exclusive) [Korea]

Jun 12, 2013
Canada
The Yellow Sea, 2010 First Press LE (KD Media)

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

Genre: Suspense | Thriller | Drama

Directors: Na Hong-jin

Stars: Kim Yun-seok, Jo Sung-Ha, Lee Cheol-Min, Jung-woo Ha

Publisher: KD Media

Release Date: 2011-05-31

Weight: 250g

Rating: N/A

DISC SPECS

Aspect Ratio & Format: 2.39:1 1080P FullHD

Language & Audio: Korean: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Subtitles: Korean

Region Code: A

Run Time: 156 mins

Number of discs: 1

STORYLINE

The story of a cab driver in Yanji City, a region between North Korea, China and Russia. His wife goes to Korea to earn money, but he doesn't hear from her since in 6 months. He plays mah-jong to make some extra cash, but this only makes his life worse; but then he meets a hitman who proposes to turn his life around by repaying his debt and reuniting with his wife, just for one hit.

Order here: KIMCHIDVD

http://kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=16116 *SOLD-OUT*

Or here: KSTEELBOOK

http://k-steelbook.com/product/-Blu...KDMIBL0000258/?main_cate_no=0&display_group=1

Last edited by a moderator:
this was exactly the edition i was looking for last night, when i tried to find all interesting korean slipcovers still availble.
i couldn't find it because of the orginal tite...
...but now just found out that there's NO english subs. :(

price is a bit too high to buy it just for the slip and replace it with the uk amaray.

thanks cardman for the find!

edit: by the way, runtime stated above is wrong, it's the director's cut, runtime 156min.

Last edited:
this was exactly the edition i was looking for last night, when i tried to find all interesting korean slipcovers still availble.
i couldn't find it because of the orginal tite...
...but now just found out that there's NO english subs. :(

price is a bit too high to buy it just for the slip and replace it with the uk amaray.

thanks cardman for the find!

edit: by the way, runtime stated above is wrong, it's the director's cut, runtime 156min.

Thanks Servo. The 139 runtime is listed on Kimchi's website which is what I used. However I made the edit and will double check back of the package when I get home. I'm actually planning to list the one I have on Ebay because of the English Subtitle issue you pointed out.

This is my #2 favorite Korean Film of all time behind only The Chaser which is the same director. He is phenomenal and I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Reactions: mlmaier84