USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014 (live Sunday
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Available this Halloween season

live.jpg
interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We still need to know what Blu Ray were getting as the previous UK Blu Ray was cancelled due to its reviews the picture quality was bad and was cancelled before its release date

I hope studioCanal are not putting this previous cancelled disc in the Steelbook

The only decent version so far is scream factory version in USA

What are we getting with this release
If it's the cancelled disc then they need to stop this release as the previous Blu Ray is bad

If it's a new UK remastered version how come we not heard anything about that as of yet

Last edited:

Thanks @harry. . I just remembered and came on to use the link. . So not with it lately, what would I do without you:thumbs:

....And ordered:):) I was hoping for gloss on this but i'm sure it would be advertised if it was so I'm hoping for a good matte finish, as good as big trouble and I'll be happy. Also I'm thankful they dropped the ridiculous £20 price tag.. :):):):):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
i'm genuinely excited about this release. i havent seen it but it was a film i was interested in seeing so its great its coming in a steelbook

Thanks @harry. . I just remembered and came on to use the link. . So not with it lately, what would I do without you:thumbs:

....And ordered:):) I was hoping for gloss on this but i'm sure it would be advertised if it was so I'm hoping for a good matte finish, as good as big trouble and I'll be happy. Also I'm thankful they dropped the ridiculous £20 price tag.. :):):):):):)

Most of the recent studioCanal releases have been a gloss finish without it been mentioned in the listings
I expect They Live will also be a gloss finish

What I'm more concerned about it what Blu-ray disc version is in the steelbook it better not be the UK 2008 version that was (postponed due to technical issues) as in cancelled

It better be a corrected disc and not the up-converted from a standard-definition master to 1080p which is reason for postponed due to technical issues in 2008

Last edited:
Guys there is a 10% discount with this code 10CCZ order it again with the discount and cancel the other order if you want. :thumbs:

Thanks for the heads up on the code.

Re Pre-Ordered :)

n.b. - The code also works with The Great Gatsby steel.

Paul, can't imagine they would go back to a discarded - and discredited - version.
The 2008 Shout Factory edition blu ray isn't all that bad; far from ideal, but the transfer reveals some great detailing and fabulous colour in most part; and if they use that then it's better than half-way there.

Last edited: