Release date: November 5, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

11890762-8914612620265131.jpg

11890762-1194612620214866.jpg

11890762-9874612620313818.jpg

11890762-1744612620418026.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to purchase this and saw that Zavvi added sales tax even though I'm in the US. When did they start doing that?

Just out of curiosity I loaded this in my cart and went as far as the checkout stage. There wasn't any tax added for me.
I'm in Canada.

Just out of curiosity I loaded this in my cart and went as far as the checkout stage. There wasn't any tax added for me.
I'm in Canada.

Thanks for that, I have a feeling it's an error with their website as it doesn't make any sense! Maybe it thinks I'm in a different location. I'm definitely not paying sales tax on items from overseas!

I'm in Canada.

Thanks for that, I have a feeling it's an error with their website as it doesn't make any sense! Maybe it thinks I'm in a different location. I'm definitely not paying sales tax on items from overseas!

Not sure but Zavvi might have a store registered in US ( there is a us webstore for sure) and not Canada.

Reactions: formingsiren
Went to purchase this and saw that Zavvi added sales tax even though I'm in the US. When did they start doing that?
What do you mean with "Zavvi added sales tax"? The checkout process added something extra on top of the £39.99 price?

On the other hand, if the price for you at the checkout was £39.99, and you expected it to be 20% less (UK VAT), that has never happened with Zavvi (unlike, e.g., with Amazon UK for purchases from outside UK and EU).

Zavvi have always charged the same prices from their international customers as from their UK customers with the difference that they don't collect VAT off purchases by international customers.

Having that extra 20% to play with, nicely offsets the once "free" and still cheap international shipping ;)

What do you mean with "Zavvi added sales tax"? The checkout process added something extra on top of the £39.99 price?

On the other hand, if the price for you at the checkout was £39.99, and you expected it to be 20% less (UK VAT), that has never happened with Zavvi (unlike, e.g., with Amazon UK for purchases from outside UK and EU).

Zavvi have always charged the same prices from their international customers as from their UK customers with the difference that they don't collect VAT off purchases by international customers.

Having that extra 20% to play with, nicely offsets the once "free" and still cheap international shipping ;)

I've noticed for awhile now that Zavvi always automatically discounts the shipping charge to free when I order to Canada.
Including the Infinity War steelbook I ordered a couple days ago as well as Atlantis I ordered about a month ago.

Reactions: Ranavalone
I've noticed for awhile now that Zavvi always automatically discounts the shipping charge to free when I order to Canada.
Including the Infinity War steelbook I ordered a couple days ago as well as Atlantis I ordered about a month ago.
Indeed, steelbook shipping is still / again "free" to some international destinations.

They added an additional 8 pounds on top of my order. I’m not referring to VAT. This is an additional fee, in addition to shipping and the item cost. It’s labelled as sales tax. Now my login isn’t recognized by Zavvi. I think they are jerking me around after demanding a refund for my damaged steelbooks.

Reactions: Ranavalone
They added an additional 8 pounds on top of my order. I’m not referring to VAT. This is an additional fee, in addition to shipping and the item cost. It’s labelled as sales tax. Now my login isn’t recognized by Zavvi. I think they are jerking me around after demanding a refund for my damaged steelbooks.
Ah, I get it now. Almost sounds like they now have a subsidiary in the US and that would make it necessary for them to collect sales tax from US customers :cautious:

Ah, I get it now. Almost sounds like they now have a subsidiary in the US and that would make it necessary for them to collect sales tax from US customers :cautious:

I tried an address in California and one in Texas. Sales tax was only applied to the California address. So now I can confirm that Zavvi charges sales tax to items shipped to California. WTF. Looks like I'm not buying much from Zavvi anymore!

I tried an address in California and one in Texas. Sales tax was only applied to the California address. So now I can confirm that Zavvi charges sales tax to items shipped to California. WTF. Looks like I'm not buying much from Zavvi anymore!
Sounds like it could be a genuine error in their system. Maybe taking this up with customer service could yield results?

I suggest putting a different steelbook in your cart to see if they want to charge you tax again but don't check out.
That way you may know if they will continue charging you extra or if it was a one time glitch.

I suggest putting a different steelbook in your cart to see if they want to charge you tax again but don't check out.
That way you may know if they will continue charging you extra or if it was a one time glitch.

I tried lots of different products. All had sales tax applied.

Reactions: Stygian
I tried lots of different products. All had sales tax applied.
Are you using Zavvi USA website

Use UK zavvi.com website not the us.zavvi.com
UK Website
Set the following
Shipping to USA
Region and Language to United Kingdom (Don't use United States)
Currency to $

By using UK website you will also see more selection of products to order from than you would see listed on USA website

Last edited:
Reactions: oklonghorn13