Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Standalone release. Includes 2D + 3D.

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have had in hand? For it is a pleasant Steelbook with pretty metallic effects.

Agreed there, it does look alot nicer in person. The inside is lazy and its a shame about the lenti not lineing up but on its own its quite nice.

I ended up getting all the marvel lenti wave, i converted my iron man 1 & 2 into 2 discs for the extra discs and i use the marvel lenti wave as my 'to watch' steels, my play.com/HMV/Blufans are staying on display ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: neo
You're a funny guy, huh? :whistle::whistle::rolleyes:

I wasn't the person comparing a steelbook to a prostitute, on Christmas Eve...classy move that.

I like this steelbook. Many others do. It's Marvel, it's Thor. It's 3d. It's a UK release, no import or duty for Europe, £1 shipping for international customers. It may not be the best steelbook around but for the price, the ease of purchase and delivery, I think it's a pretty good deal. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other Thor releases available on ebay. Like the £450 Japanese steelbook, or the older Zavvi release at £31.90. And if you wait there's going to be another Thor steelbook before too long

Last edited:
Paramount are still the home video distributors of these releases, nothing has changed there.

AC3DDBEB-B098-4EBB-8D30-51989F252152_zpsj4bw2lch.jpg
The Mavel Paramount Logo remains on the packaging but the distribution of home media Blu-Ray and DVD re-releases is with Disney has been since October 2013 in the UK and USA
It's still a Marvel Paramount Film but Home Media distribution is handled by Buena Vista Walt Disney Studios

Paramount stopped Home media distribution after 31/08/2013
Disney re released the films on Blu-Ray from Oct 7th 2013 in the UK

Last edited:
The Mavel Paramount Logo remains on the packaging but the distribution of home media Blu-Ray and DVD re-releases is with Disney has been since October 2013 in the UK and USA
It's still a Marvel Paramount Film but Home Media distribution is handled by Buena Vista Walt Disney Studios

Paramount stopped Home media distribution after 31/08/2013
Disney re released the films on Blu-Ray from Oct 7th 2013 in the UK

That explains the horrible blue bluray discs :) and why IM1 & 2 havent had their 2nd discs rereleased.

Reactions: paulboland
That explains the horrible blue bluray discs :) and why IM1 & 2 havent had their 2nd discs rereleased.
That's what happened with the re releases of Iron Man 1 and 2 in Oct 2013 they dropped the extras discs which I did not like

I was hoping with these steelbooks they would have included the extras discs for the Iron Man 1 and 2 but so far have not done so with any re releases and yes you can tell the difference the discs are the usual boring looking Disney blue coloured discs

i don't personally like Disney use of the blue discs I would prefer nice disc artwork

The paramount discs though did not have disc artwork either but looked better than the Disney blue colour

Reactions: thewoe
That's what happened with the re releases of Iron Man 1 and 2 in Oct 2013 they dropped the extras discs which I did not like

I was hoping with these steelbooks they would have included the extras discs for the Iron Man 1 and 2 but so far have not done so with any re releases and yes you can tell the difference the discs are the usual boring looking Disney blue coloured discs

i don't personally like Disney use of the blue discs I would prefer nice disc artwork

The paramount discs though did not have disc artwork either but looked better than the Disney blue colour

Just convert them into 2 discs bud, its what i did.

I agree, the silver discs look alot better than the crappy blue discs. Would it kill them to put some art onto their discs?

Reactions: paulboland

Barry you proper look like my mate who is also Scottish.
Also love the way you say lenticular lol

Good to see them all together in that last shot but my oponion is only half of them look good.
This one could of been great but I still stand by my comment of this being too dark and thors hair the same colour and merging into the background.

Cheers

This one could of been great but I still stand by my comment of this being too dark and thors hair the same colour and merging into the background.

I have to say I quite like it, and being that its the only one I've been able to get my hands on I'm a happy customer... Though I missed out on Zavvi, but managed to secure a copy thanks to @boldnerd (Cheers :happy: )

Reactions: boldnerd
Since I don't really do duplicate copies of films I own (with a few rare exceptions), I only picked up IM2 direct from Zavvi (to replace my Target metal-pack.. HATE metal-packs)
As of yesterday I've now got a copy of this coming in via a trade.

IMO, they all look better without the lenti, so I removed it and put it inside. I think it looks pretty cool in there when you open it up.

Reactions: milchmann33