Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 27, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6753ABC0-28F2-452C-B5BF-D426AECD31DF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the borders are embossed, when you look on inside pics....
Hmmm.. I don't think they are. There's always that rectangular indent inside the inner casing, so I think it's just that. So hard to tell though and I'd love to be proven wrong. Characters look flat, which almost voids the point in a bossed border lol

Hmmm.. I don't think they are. There's always that rectangular indent inside the inner casing, so I think it's just that. So hard to tell though and I'd love to be proven wrong. Characters look flat, which almost voids the point in a bossed border lol
At first I thought you were wrong, but looking at the front then the back, the corners of the alleged embossing look more rounded than they do on the front, so I looked at my copy of Jumanji: welcome to the jungle, and it looks like this, so I agree, there's no bossing.

Reactions: samdavies
Looks decent. I really like it. At least the art pops. 2 of my favourite posters for the film on the first WWA steel. Mind blown

Reactions: apsmith21
Disney is so inconsistent. All the other phase 4 steelbooks have unique designs with no borders like this. The Dr Strange 2 didn't have a border (thank goodness), even though the first Dr Strange 4k steelbook did. I agree with others and not a fan of these borders. Also the Ragnarok one with a border seems like it was only a Zavvi release and was pretty limited. Wonder if that one with a border will eventually be released by Best Buy. You never know with Disney.

Disney is so inconsistent. All the other phase 4 steelbooks have unique designs with no borders like this. The Dr Strange 2 didn't have a border (thank goodness), even though the first Dr Strange 4k steelbook did. I agree with others and not a fan of these borders. Also the Ragnarok one with a border seems like it was only a Zavvi release and was pretty limited. Wonder if that one with a border will eventually be released by Best Buy. You never know with Disney.
The border isn't exactly the same, but it could somewhat match up with the first 3 Thor 4K steelbooks that have borders. As you pointed out, only Zavvi released the steelbook with border for Ragnarok.

Reactions: Boilersteel
Anyone got the US Best Buy edition of this one? Just wondering if it has a gloss finish, or if it's flat matte like the European/Australian version
They won't yet, it's not "out" for another week lol the only one in the wild atm is the Australian version. It looks matte, but it's not all that clear what it is tbh. Crap photos and videos and all.

They won't yet, it's not "out" for another week lol the only one in the wild atm is the Australian version. It looks matte, but it's not all that clear what it is tbh. Crap photos and videos and all.
Thanks, sorry, didn't check the release date.

I just had my copy of the Australian version arrive and it's definitely a matte finish.

• Informative
Reactions: tommyh84
Thanks, sorry, didn't check the release date.

I just had my copy of the Australian version arrive and it's definitely a matte finish.
Thanks for confirming that, I was afraid it may be. Flat as well, no embossing? The USA one will probably be glossy though.

Awh man, that's sick. Shocked the US version is embossed, hopefully the rear is too. Definitely importing this one.